Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
30 Apr 2024 19:35
Ahhh, I assumed your loan forgiveness was part of Biden’s recent overarching push to forgive a large chunk of student debt. Wasn’t familiar with PSLF program since I paid off my student debt as I incurred it. Didn’t have a need to familiarize with the various loan forgiveness programs.

Good for you, I suppose.

Knowing you through the persona you present here on this forum, though, I’d have assumed some sort of moral dilemma with accepting this loan forgiveness. Did you feel any conflict?
No internal conflict. Mostly because of all the stuff the feds spend (print) literally trillions on. I won't elaborate since this is not the podium. Also no conflict because I have a role in educating young adults, most of whom go on to become productive members of society, and forfeited many wage earning years to get the education and skills necessary to have that role. Lastly, it was a program passed via Congress and signed by the President, not done by executive action only.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Anyone have strong opinions on washers and dryers? Now its time for me to replace those. Thinking I'm going to go with LG. I know the support sucks, but they still appear to be towards the top without breaking the bank.

I know a lot of people like Speed Queen, but they use more water and don't appear to be as efficient. But they may last longer. Lots of people mention Miele, I'm not paying for that.

Looking at stackable, front load, electric dryer.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
02 May 2024 09:12
Anyone have strong opinions on washers and dryers? Now its time for me to replace those. Thinking I'm going to go with LG. I know the support sucks, but they still appear to be towards the top without breaking the bank.

I know a lot of people like Speed Queen, but they use more water and don't appear to be as efficient. But they may last longer. Lots of people mention Miele, I'm not paying for that.

My opinion on washers and dryers is those are things I don't like using. :lol:

We have a LG washer and electric dryer since 2016. Neither are stackable. There was an inlet port or something that had to get replaced on the washer around 2020 or so, but it was still under the extended Costco warranty. But otherwise been good. Just don't use fabric softener liquid in the washer (with any washer), it is not only unnecessary and has some harmful stuff in it, but it will put a brown coating on your washer's drum and eventually it will start flaking off during washes onto your clothes.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2024 10:07
paco wrote:

We have a LG washer and electric dryer since 2016. Neither are stackable. There was an inlet port or something that had to get replaced on the washer around 2020 or so, but it was still under the extended Costco warranty. But otherwise been good. Just don't use fabric softener liquid in the washer (with any washer), it is not only unnecessary and has some harmful stuff in it, but it will put a brown coating on your washer's drum and eventually it will start flaking off during washes onto your clothes.
I'm with you there! I don't use fabric softener either. Sure my clothes have more cat hair on them (no avoiding it altogether), but they last longer.

Looking at the LG Washtower. It has its nightmare stories, but what doesn't? Essentially there is no appliance you can buy that's not &%$@ in some way or will last longer than a few years. But I like that the LG most say is a little easier on the clothes and it has a heatpump ventless option.

:idn: Will probably get it and hate it. I suppose I'm batting .500 on appliances lately. I hate the oven we bought, but like the dishwasher.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
02 May 2024 10:29
wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2024 10:07
paco wrote:

I'm with you there! I don't use fabric softener either. Sure my clothes have more cat hair on them (no avoiding it altogether), but they last longer.

Looking at the LG Washtower. It has its nightmare stories, but what doesn't? Essentially there is no appliance you can buy that's not &%$@ in some way or will last longer than a few years. But I like that the LG most say is a little easier on the clothes and it has a heatpump ventless option.

:idn: Will probably get it and hate it. I suppose I'm batting .500 on appliances lately. I hate the oven we bought, but like the dishwasher.
bought a set of GE almost 5 years ago now, full size top load washer, front load dryer, just under 1300 no problems so far, I'd expect that there 1600 now, had a set of speed queen for almost 30 years, built like a singer sewing machine, way to pricy now

never had stackables, never heard of heat pump ventless either, I'am so antiquated now :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Time to get away. Need some decompression time. Something a bit quieter than usual (nature/woods/water) but maybe still access to a few decent places to eat and drink. Don't need 100% off the grid, but mostly away from people is honestly a plus.

You have any unsung areas you like around Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois?
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
08 May 2024 15:59
Time to get away. Need some decompression time. Something a bit quieter than usual (nature/woods/water) but maybe still access to a few decent places to eat and drink. Don't need 100% off the grid, but mostly away from people is honestly a plus.

WI Northwoods north of Green Bay. Lots of options for towns and lakes depending on what you are looking for. When you looking to go?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 May 2024 16:54
paco wrote:

WI Northwoods north of Green Bay. Lots of options for towns and lakes depending on what you are looking for. When you looking to go?
I'll probably stay out of that neck of the woods, my parents live up there. But usually a good option.

Looking to go the week after next. So fairly short notice.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
08 May 2024 17:55
wallyuwl wrote:
paco wrote:

I'll probably stay out of that neck of the woods, my parents live up there. But usually a good option.

I didn't think about going up further into the UP though. Might be an option too.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
08 May 2024 18:03
paco wrote:
08 May 2024 17:55
wallyuwl wrote:

I didn't think about going up further into the UP though. Might be an option too.
You could go pay @Yoop a visit. If it's relaxation you seek, I'm sure he'd be open to sharing his gange stash with you.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This made me laugh way more than it should have… :lol:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Was thinking about Father's Day this year. I get asked what I want. I don't really "want" for much nowadays, normally I just buy things I want/need throughout the year as needed.

But found something a few days ago. Will ask for these two things:

https://www.xx-xyathletics.com/products ... ter-bottle

https://www.xx-xyathletics.com/products ... rl-dad-cap

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Cop who arrested Scheffler at PGA Championship was previously suspended multiple times.

Also, the police drpt has released video of the incident. Links in story below. Note that the cop, and actually <none> of the cops in the area, had their body cams on as required by policy. So these light post videos are all we have to go on. I do think it is good the Louisville PD released the video that does exist. To me, their actions and the things they've said at pressers make me think they are setting things up for the charges to quietly be dropped in a few weeks.

Take away? The cop is dirty and lied.

https://sports.yahoo.com/louisville-pol ... 29744.html
Last edited by wallyuwl on 24 May 2024 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Based upon the limited video review, I don't necessarily think he's "dirty" but I do think he lied/misrepresented what actually happened to save face/his own ass. There was no evidence of any "dragging" nor was Scheffler overtly not following instructions or being anti-authority. This officer painted a picture in his report that described Scheffler's behavior as far worse than it actually was.

It's notable this same officer was commended (2021, I believe) for writing 100+ citations within a 4hr period during some sort of traffic enforcement exercise. This cop clearly gets a charge out of being in a position of authority, and worse, exercising that authority. He gotta go.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hit or don’t hit?
Attachments
IMG_8572.jpeg
IMG_8572.jpeg (503.45 KiB) Viewed 51 times

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Jun 2024 23:52
Hit or don’t hit?
The baby on board may break the Cycle of Douche and not be a Cowboys fan. Give the kid a chance…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
30 Jun 2024 16:53
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Jun 2024 23:52
Hit or don’t hit?
The baby on board may break the Cycle of Douche and not be a Cowboys fan. Give the kid a chance…
My mom's family all live in Texas and in 1997, I had a 3-5ish year old cousin and since the Packers had just won it all and looked like they would again, I got him to put on my Packers hat and walk around telling the family the Packers were the best.

I thought if I started him early and and took the opportunity when no one could question the Packers, I might break the cycle. And in a way, I did.

He's a soccer fan now.