Rank the Roster 2024: #12

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 18 May 2024 15:23

Preston Smith
27%
AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Quay Walker
4%
Romeo Doubs
15%
Devonte Wyatt
27%
Lukas Van Ness
12%
Josh Myers
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
8%
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Tucker Kraft
4%
Jordan Morgan
No votes
Javon Bullard
No votes
MarShawn Lloyd
No votes
Carrington Valentine
4%
Karl Brooks
No votes
Edgerrin Cooper
No votes
Rasheed Walker
No votes

Total votes: 26

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #12

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (48%)[-2]
4. Zach Tom (27%)[+13]
5. Kenny Clark (33%)[-1]
6. Xavier McKinney (35%)[FA]
7. Elgton Jenkins (47%)[-1]
8. Josh Jacobs (43%)[FA]
9. Jayden Reed (36%)[+18]
10T. Christian Watson (24%)[-2]
10T. Dontayvion Wicks (24%)[+21]
12. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Did away with the runoffs a couple years back, its better to just let ties be ties.

Going to go Wyatt and LVN here. Our DL was the strength of our team much of last year, no reason to think they'll be anything but better going into this year.

I could be persuaded to vote Walker as well. He makes impact plays for sure.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Romeo!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I went Wyatt and Walker.

Wyatt is so close to being a star. He was wrecking the interior last year but couldn’t tackle worth a damn. Gotta think he improves at getting players to the ground. Technically, Dlineman really come into their own year 3 if they are gonna make it.

Walker has the potential to be a solid ILB. I don’t think he’s a star player but he is the best of the group considering experience and athleticism. I think we will be less in off zone coverages which will help him. He just needs to not be so lost in coverage.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Wyatt is like that Denzel WAshington movie triple 777, the peddle to the medal, he'll run away with this slot, course now that I said that everyone will change there vote for Walker, Packer fans are all Azzholes :rotf: :rotf:

Welcome back Raptor :aok:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Well Watson is off the board, finally. :) Wicks too. We will see whether either or both deserved #10 - or earlier than 10.

Going with LVN and Musgrave. I think LVN and Gary start. I also think that the first rotational DE will not be Preston but Enagbare. Not sure where Colby Wooden will play but he might be ahead of Preston also. And then there is the freak Cox.

I think that TE is a massively under-estimated position. We haven't had a TE that can dominate since Finley. But Musgrave is going to be a better blocker than Finley was and that is important when the team has a durable RB who will dominate when asked.

Kraft and Valentine on deck
Last edited by TheSkeptic on 18 May 2024 03:37, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Just Preston here.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Doubs. Opposite side of the coin from Watson: not overly dangerous or explosive, but consistent and a reliable producer. You need him in your WR corps just as much as you need a Watson, and is every bit as much a part of the strong passing game as the last three players we just ranked.

Just him for now.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I went with Tucker Kraft and Preston Smith.

I am very interested on the #4 WR. Doubs seems the obvious choice but I think Bo Melton is actually legit.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Preston and Musgrave

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Wyatt and Valentine for me.

Who here believes Stokes will fend off Valentine for that no. 2 CB position?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I actually do think Stokes will win that job, but the leash will be short. He is a much better fit in this defense like many others.

A question I have is would it be crazy to give Cooper votes ahead of Walker?

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
18 May 2024 09:48
I actually do think Stokes will win that job, but the leash will be short. He is a much better fit in this defense like many others.

A question I have is would it be crazy to give Cooper votes ahead of Walker?
yes, I think so, interior positions are not as easy a transition as boundary, interior positions are basically zone coverage which means a player has to also have knowledge of responsibilities of surrounding positions, does he hand off coverage or does he ride it out, just more stuff to think about for a ILB or a safety, and if ya need to much time to think, you stink :lol: , Cooper might be the best college ILB, but he'll need time to get where Quay is now, jmo

I tend to agree about Stokes, he seems best suited for a man scheme

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm voting Wyatt and no one else this round. I'm still very very high on his breakout year. His pressure rate and win rate is already elite--it's just the finishing and the volume that needs to change.

I have no idea what to expect from Stokes. He was an elite athlete with a coachable reputation who needed to do a ton of work on his fundamentals and technique. And the foot/leg injury may or may not have taken that elite edge off of his speed and athleticism AND it took him off the field and out of practices when he should have been refining that technique. It cost him a lot of development time. Will he make up for lost time or is his development stunted? I know lupe always thought he was cheeks because of his bad footwork and such, but footwork is changeable... I'm just worried his recovery will take up more time/attention and another season in which he's not refined--AND/OR his elite 4.2s speed slows to, say, high 4.3s/low4.4s, which makes him not special. We'll see. I'm not writing him off or counting on him. He's just a pure enigma for me.

Preston is steady eddie and I don't foresee him declining a bunch or anything, so he's a plus starter. I'll vote for him soon.

But NCF's Quay/Cooper question is a really fun/interesting one. I think Quay is at his best when he's not The Guy. Think less, attack more. The scouting reports on Cooper are sort of similar, though he was a much more instinctive college player than Walker, so he is better primed to be a top guy at LB. I think, honestly, McDuffie is the best option for a green dot, but also I don't want him on the field ahead of either Cooper or Walker and the vast majority of snaps will be in a 2-LB nickel formation, not the base 4-3; so I'm conflicted and intrigued by how the LB snaps play out.

I'm nowhere near voting for a 4th WR and I think we have the correct top 3 on the board. I like Doubs a lot; he's another plus starter, steady eddie and he has some great contested catches on his resume. He'll play a good role, but WR4 is probably playing less than ha;f the snaps.

Gonna be tough to figure out the right spots to vote for a LT as whoever wins the battle will be a crucial part of our success, but I see it as a true kinda 50/50 to 40/60 range odds on who wins the job.

I'm also going to start voting for Marshawn Lloyd sooner than the rest of the board, but that's a topic for like a week or three from now. Certainly ahead of AJ Dillon, who I also like more than most of y'all but don't understand why he's on the voting list already.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 May 2024 10:15
I'm also going to start voting for Marshawn Lloyd sooner than the rest of the board, but that's a topic for like a week or three from now. Certainly ahead of AJ Dillon, who I also like more than most of y'all but don't understand why he's on the voting list already.
The initial list is the top 20 of last years' list minus players that left. Dillon went #12 last year. Enagbare is the last one from the initial list, everyone after him was added after this started.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Waldo wrote:
20 May 2024 07:57
YoHoChecko wrote:
18 May 2024 10:15
The initial list is the top 20 of last years' list minus players that left. Dillon went #12 last year. Enagbare is the last one from the initial list, everyone after him was added after this started.
I figured it was something logical like that