Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Cdragon wrote:
17 May 2024 13:10
Yoop wrote:
17 May 2024 12:13
NCF wrote:
17 May 2024 11:15

I don't. One terrible decision/pass. That is all that it was. If Carlson makes that FG, we are still talking about taking the 49ers to OT in their house. The tipped ball interception I am chalking up to bad luck more than anything else. The decision was fine, the ball could have been caught, but it was not a great ball and when those get tipped up, interceptions happen.
Love did enough for us to win that game, Joe Barry doesn't work here any more, hard to blame just any one thing, but our defense couldn't keep a lead against that Niner offense.

the QB though usually gets the blame
The fact that they didn't hold the lead is one thing but they didn't give a young O any time to pull out the win.
We all know that 1 or 2 plays from offense, defense or special teams could have won that 49er game. The TEAM lost. Hopefully next playoff run someone makes enough plays.

Classic example of coulda, woulda, shoulda!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

MY_TAKE wrote:
20 May 2024 18:23
Cdragon wrote:
Yoop wrote:
17 May 2024 12:13

Love did enough for us to win that game, Joe Barry doesn't work here any more, hard to blame just any one thing, but our defense couldn't keep a lead against that Niner offense.

the QB though usually gets the blame
The fact that they didn't hold the lead is one thing but they didn't give a young O any time to pull out the win.
We all know that 1 or 2 plays from offense, defense or special teams could have won that 49er game. The TEAM lost. Hopefully next playoff run someone makes enough plays.

The team lost but two players played particularly bad. That was Love and the other was Savage. Love I expect to be better. Savage is gone, finally.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 May 2024 22:12
MY_TAKE wrote:
Cdragon wrote:

The team lost but two players played particularly bad. That was Love and the other was Savage. Love I expect to be better. Savage is gone, finally.
Yes and I added the kicker to name all three. But yeah, that's basically correct. OH and Love was more 2nd half issues, but issues nontheless

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:
Cdragon wrote:

that game should have never gotten to the point that Love had to save a win, that he did poorly in the process is no defense for a defense that basically folded up in the 2nd half, and it wasn't just Savage, we couldn't get pressure on Purdy, we new all year that the coverage ability was suspect minus quality pass rush.

Lafluer wanted to retain his buddy Barry, Guty and others new not getting after Purdy and his terrible coverage schemes cost us that game, we just over hauled the secondary and hired a new DC as a result of that defensive performance. :mrgreen:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
You might want to take another look at Jonathan Owens. He was even worse than Savage. If ever a game dictated blowing up the Safety room, this was clearly it.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

AR practicing full-go.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
21 May 2024 16:59
AR practicing full-go.
Of course he is. He was ready to go for the playoffs last year, remember? 8-)

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 May 2024 17:25
wallyuwl wrote:
AR practicing full-go.
Gonna be interesting to see what happens. If the Jets don’t make the playoffs the coaching staff and gm are toast. Rodgers could get cut and if the Vikings still don’t have a QB next year-Rodgers could fulfill his destiny.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lake shark wrote:
21 May 2024 17:46
YoHoChecko wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
AR practicing full-go.
Gonna be interesting to see what happens. If the Jets don’t make the playoffs the coaching staff and gm are toast. Rodgers could get cut and if the Vikings still don’t have a QB next year-Rodgers could fulfill his destiny.
Vikings drafted JJ McCarthy.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Labrev wrote:
21 May 2024 18:00
lake shark wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yes and the 49ers drafted Trey Lance. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be playing or playing well.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

About damn time…

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
22 May 2024 05:49
About damn time…

Yes! This technology (for measuring distance --> whatever it is) has been around for quite awhile now.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lake shark wrote:
21 May 2024 19:01
Labrev wrote:
21 May 2024 18:00
lake shark wrote:

Yes and the 49ers drafted Trey Lance. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be playing or playing well.
And SF named Lance their starting QB within his first couple years of drafting him. Year 2. Round 1 QBs are going to get their long look within the first couple years of getting drafted. McCarthy will probably get it this year, and the job is his to lose and long as he grades out passably.

Sure, if he faceplants and/or suffers some long-term injury, that would open the door to a vet like Rodgers coming in.

But the presumption for now is that MIN has a QB. Again, Round 1 QBs get their long look before the team pulls the plug.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

APB wrote:
About damn time…

I'm not really a fan in general. It's a game played by men and should be called with human eyeballs if you ask me. We still argue about half the replays anyway, it just changes the game, it doesn't "fix" it.

you still have to have eye balls to spot the ball, where he's down, forward progress stopped etc.

and I want to know exactly how this system works. Lag times in measurement, magins of error. What is reading the chip etc.

On top of that, there isn't much more suspense or drama in the game than when the chain gang comes out on to the field and pulls it tight and one side is going to go nuts and the other is going to feel the exact opposite. I feel they're cheating me as a fan LOL

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think the new tool to judge measurements is only logical. Let the technical part of the game be called by the officials but a lot of these short yardage and inches plays can’t be seen with the amount of bodies around the ball. Accuracy is always better IMO. Get the calls right.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

musclestang wrote:
22 May 2024 11:23
APB wrote:
About damn time…

I'm not really a fan in general. It's a game played by men and should be called with human eyeballs if you ask me. We still argue about half the replays anyway, it just changes the game, it doesn't "fix" it.

you still have to have eye balls to spot the ball, where he's down, forward progress stopped etc.

and I want to know exactly how this system works. Lag times in measurement, magins of error. What is reading the chip etc.

On top of that, there isn't much more suspense or drama in the game than when the chain gang comes out on to the field and pulls it tight and one side is going to go nuts and the other is going to feel the exact opposite. I feel they're cheating me as a fan LOL
I have three words for you:

1) Jerry
2) Rice
3) Fumbled

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

APB wrote:
22 May 2024 12:49
musclestang wrote:
22 May 2024 11:23
APB wrote:
About damn time…

I have three words for you:

1) Jerry
2) Rice
3) Fumbled

oh, I remember. and I don't think replay has really fixed anything in this game. Just like I don't think this will either.

But I would like to at least know the details of how this works, lag times, accuracy etc before I get too excited.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Paste "optical tracking" and "football" in your Google box to read about it.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 May 2024 20:58
Paste "optical tracking" and "football" in your Google box to read about it.
Every article on the first page of google is a news story telling me they're going to implement it or an ad, mostly for soccer use actually to track player data on the field. None of which get into latency issues, margins for error, accuracy in common and uncommon situations on the field, weather, rain drops, similar colors, shadows etc will affect the optical only system the NFL plans to implement.

I am not unfamiliar with all sorts of ways to measure everything from nominal lumber in construction to mass to charge ratios in samples to figure out exactly what was in the solution I just made. But I am also not an expert. I have used optical measurement and GPS measurement myself and have found them to be pretty cool, but in a game of inches, what is available to me is lacking. So I'd like to know more about what is available to the NFL.

If you have an article or understanding of it, I'd appreciate it if you would share it. Thank you.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Try Brave or Yandex instead of google