Caitlin Clark

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

She could be a bust, never know. Still does not take one bit away to what she achieved in collage. If you did that, then there would be no Adam Morrisons and similar.

I know you were halk joking but I think it brings it up a bit.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Seems like maybe Sabrina Ionescu is a better player right now than Clark. I really don't know. I have watched very little WNBA and most of my interest would be for gambling. :aok: IM just being honest. I suppose my interest could change but it seems unlikely. :idn:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Much of this is because she is White.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

MY_TAKE wrote:
04 Jun 2024 22:24
Seems like maybe Sabrina Ionescu is a better player right now than Clark. I really don't know. I have watched very little WNBA and most of my interest would be for gambling. :aok: IM just being honest. I suppose my interest could change but it seems unlikely. :idn:
They are very similar players, stats wise, right now. I admit, I haven't watched much. But as usual, too much pressure being put on a rookie, on a team that had the first pick in the draft. Of course Clark is going to struggle some on the worst team in the league last year.

And other players are out for blood with her right now. Right or wrong. Clark's still doing pretty well despite everything. She's 4th in the league in assists. If she can start avoiding the turnovers and get a few more shots to fall, she'll be just fine.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

MY_TAKE wrote:
04 Jun 2024 03:28
2. It seems alot of professional athletes don't take kindly always to Rookies who come in with what they perceive is too much hype. IN other words, "WTF have they proved"? There are few examples but one that came to mind was Lonzo Ball. Part of it was his DAD hyping him too much, but it appeared like a few guys didn't like it all that much and took it personal. IN other words, " Welcome to the league Rookie!!!!" as they went out of their way to crush him. There are always going to be some that get a little jealous as you suggest. If Clark kicks ass and really is that great, it won't matter if she is white to most WNBA players if she is the face of the league. She is going to have to earn it though.
Apparently Adam Silver and I Share notes :aok:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/06/sport/nb ... index.html

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

8 TO's, but still. Great to see the attendance.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This is the reality of the face(s) of the WNBA:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
10 Jun 2024 06:15

wy day gots ta axe deeze twick questions :rotf:

don't blame me, I didn't do anything :rotf:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:

Definitely a terrible look for the WNBA UGH!!! Hard to watch. If your trying to grow your brand, this is not how!

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

APB wrote:

Just being completely honest, I thought the reporter was asking about "the bitch" until about halfway through the clip. It wasn't until mid way through that I understood it was "the bench." I kept thinking "who is this bitch that they are referring to?"
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Papa John wrote:
10 Jun 2024 17:11
APB wrote:

Just being completely honest, I thought the reporter was asking about "the bitch" until about halfway through the clip. It wasn't until mid way through that I understood it was "the bench." I kept thinking "who is this bitch that they are referring to?"
:lol: