Milwaukee Brewers 2024

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Miami sent three straight SP lefties to the mound during the Brewers series. The Brewers scored more than 2 runs in only one of those three matchups.

Clearly there’s a strategic element to baseball I (and this guy) don’t understand.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I watched most of that Marlins series. Brewers couldn't hit for crap. If they did, they couldn't get anyone in.

I haven't watched much this season, but guys like Adames, Sanchez, and Chourio looked like they didn't have much clue when up.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Adames had a clue today at sold out American Family Field. Sent a 3-0 pitch over the wall for a clinching HR over the Cubbies. Most of the pitching is locked in (amazingly the relievers are getting the job done). Brew Crew is up 4.5 games in the division now.
Sanchez is iffy and should be replaced. Chourio has a great future ahead and is a keeper.
Turang and Ortiz are keepers. Getting Rhys back will complement the temporary first baseman Bauers. Outfield is solid now. Need Rhys back to keep Sanchez out of the batters box. Need a better #2 catcher.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Secret Stadium Sauce is a Milwaukee institution, carried over from the days at Milwaukee County Stadium. It is a blend of water, tomato paste, corn syrup, vinegar, a blend of spices and capsicum. It’s something like a barbecue sauce, but not quite.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That was a damn gratifying win

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

3 out of 4 Ws. Brewers are feelin' it. GO BREW CREW!

Currently 5 games up on the Cardinals, and 5.5 games up on the Cubbies. Who woulda thunk?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Nothing like a 4 game series with the Cubbies to pad our central lead

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm partially reversing my earlier comment asking for a new backup catcher. Sanchez has picked it up a bit but he still needs to be more consistent hitting in the batters box, that's the issue. "It ain't over 'till it's over" Just hoping Contreras stays healthy.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

A week and a half of beating up on Chicago baseball teams. Went 6-1 combined with the one loss being an extra inning fluke of an ending. Gotta love it...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Now we're talkin'...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Two tough losses @ Philly against perhaps the best team in baseball. And against the bottom of the Brewers SP rotation. Discouraging and encouraging at the same time.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

swept for the first time this season. Phillies are best in the NL though.

Brewers need to find some luck on the injury report. They are about to call me to pitch. need some consistent bats too.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
05 Jun 2024 21:09
swept for the first time this season. Phillies are best in the NL though.

Brewers need to find some luck on the injury report. They are about to call me to pitch. need some consistent bats too.
Yeah, the series runs total was a mere 7-2 in favor of Philly. The pitching was there despite all the injuries but the bats went silent the entire series.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The Brewers Are Back! A 1 hitter thru 8 innings vs the Tigers. 10 runs, Hits everywhere .............. 2 triples for Perkins. Turang had 4 hits. And Da Cubs lost to the Reds ............. Cubbies are now tied with the Reds for 2nd place with losing records. Let's keep the pressure on, never let up, never give up :beer2:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Cubs are currently in last place .

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Jun 2024 18:24
Cubs are currently in last place .
This is the way

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Took another 2 of 3 from the Cubbies and continued their home dominance. Haven’t lost a home series since April.

Oh, and another grand slam today. Ho-hum. That makes 5 slams in the last 8 games. Whatev.

:lol: :shock: