Rank the Roster 2024: #32

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 24 Jun 2024 22:10

AJ Dillon
36%
Colby Wooden
7%
Ty'Ron Hopper
4%
Evan Williams
4%
Andre Dillard
No votes
Sean Clifford
No votes
Isaiah McDuffie
32%
Royce Newman
No votes
Jacob Monk
No votes
Kitan Oladapo
No votes
Travis Glover
No votes
Tyler Davis
No votes
Malik Heath
No votes
Anthony Johnson Jr
No votes
Eric Wilson
No votes
Bo Melton
18%
Michael Pratt
No votes
Corey Ballentine
No votes
Ben Sims
No votes
Emanuel Wilson
No votes

Total votes: 28

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #32

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (48%)[-2]
4. Zach Tom (27%)[+13]
5. Kenny Clark (33%)[-1]
6. Xavier McKinney (35%)[FA]
7. Elgton Jenkins (47%)[-1]
8. Josh Jacobs (43%)[FA]
9. Jayden Reed (36%)[+18]
10T. Christian Watson (24%)[-2]
10T. Dontayvion Wicks (24%)[+21]
12T. Preston Smith (27%)[-2]
12T. Devonte Wyatt (27%)[+4]
14. Quay Walker (40%)[--]
15. Luke Musgrave (28%)[+7]
16T. Romeo Doubs (26%)[-1]
16T. Lukas Van Ness (26%)[+2]
18. Keisean Nixon (25%)[-1]
19. Tucker Kraft (21%)[+12]
20. Rasheed Walker (32%)[+12]
21. Eric Stokes (28%)[+1]
22T. Javon Bullard (38%)[R]
22T. Edgerrin Cooper (38%)[R]
24. Josh Myers (27%)[-3]
25T. Jordan Morgan (28%)[R]
25T. Carrington Valentine (28%)[+6]
27T. MarShawn Lloyd (25%)[R]
27T. Karl Brooks (25%)[+6]
29. TJ Slaton (33%)[-5]
30. Sean Rhyan (29%)[+1]
31. Kingsley Enagbare (36%)[-6]
32. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

One comment about AJ Dillon's value to the Packers offense.
When he was on the field, more often than not, the defense would respond with a heavier package. Choosing an LB or Safety over a CB and that's exactly what MLF wants to see from the defense. I'm not talking about alignment or a stacked box- but rather changes in the personnel package. DC's generally match personnel- so you can use that against them- IF you have a bruiser like Dillon. It makes passing easier, it gives the match-up advantage to GB offense. That's a big part of Dillon's value to the team and it doesn't show up on his stat sheet.
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I'm voting for Dillon, but I have always questioned his designation as a bruiser or big back that will always get you 2-3 yards.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 24 Jun 2024 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jun 2024 11:39
I have always questioned his designation a bruiser
Fair enough.
But what matters is how the opposing DCs designate him. If his presence influences their personnel choices, its a win.
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I'm just not getting the Dillon votes to what is still available. I would take Bo, McDuffie, Oladapo, Williams, Wooden, Hopper, and probably even Pratt over Dillon. A lot of these players are relative unknowns but I would take that over a known below average player we werent willing to pay more than the minimum for his services.

We saw what Dillon was last year to the tune of 3.4 yards a carry. He has regressed all 4 years inthe league. Cool dude and I get he loves the team but hes pretty &%$@. I think he becomes RB3 pretty quickly and offers little to no STs value as things stand.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
24 Jun 2024 11:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jun 2024 11:39
I have always questioned his designation a bruiser
Fair enough.
But what matters is how the opposing DCs designate him. If his presence influences their personnel choices, its a win.

I went with Duffy 1 and AJ two today, both will see a lot of game snaps, as for AJ I think I read a article that it's possible he'll become the H-back now that we parted ways with Dequara, good blocker, receiver, makes sense to me.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jun 2024 13:07
as for AJ I think I read a article that it's possible he'll become the H-back now that we parted ways with Dequara, good blocker, receiver, makes sense to me.
We'll see. Dillon dropped some weight and is totally ripped right now - I think its because they want to try him on pass routes out of the backfield like Jones did previously. Get Dillon in space and make the DBs tackle him as opposed to using him as a lead blocker. If lead blocking is what MLF wanted, I doubt he'd look the way he does in OTAs. Just a guess. :idn:
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Jun 2024 12:44
I'm just not getting the Dillon votes to what is still available. I would take Bo, McDuffie, Oladapo, Williams, Wooden, Hopper, and probably even Pratt over Dillon. A lot of these players are relative unknowns but I would take that over a known below average player we werent willing to pay more than the minimum for his services.

We saw what Dillon was last year to the tune of 3.4 yards a carry. He has regressed all 4 years inthe league. Cool dude and I get he loves the team but hes pretty &%$@. I think he becomes RB3 pretty quickly and offers little to no STs value as things stand.
You kind of convinced me on Dillon, but I think his slot is still soon and he has the clearest path to some kind of role, no matter how small. McDuffie is basically like the Dillon of the defense. If Hopper sees action early, where does that leave McDuffie? Also not a ST guy, so I am hesitant to say he really has a clear role. I switched my votes to Melton and Hopper. Melton probably is the one with the clearest role of everyone left.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

My brain just cant compute with not taking a player with an 88 PFF grade last season. Small sample size but the production matched the grade and matched the eye test. Melton is a good player at a premium position with STs value. Dillon is a below average player at one of the least valued postions with no STs value.
Cancelled by the forum elites.