Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
14 Jun 2024 05:53

I would take Love over Lawrence in a heartbeat right now.
So would every single GM in the league
IT. IS. TIME

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

BSA wrote:
14 Jun 2024 11:53
APB wrote:

Not sure on that. Both have looked good and bad. The latest sample is Love good and Lawrence not good. Love may have a regression if teams adjust to better defend his frequent deep under throws. He needs to get more consistent there.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lake shark wrote:
14 Jun 2024 15:01
BSA wrote:
APB wrote:

Not sure on that. Both have looked good and bad. The latest sample is Love good and Lawrence not good. Love may have a regression if teams adjust to better defend his frequent deep under throws. He needs to get more consistent there.
Lawrence's offensive weapons and coaches aren't that great.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Jun 2024 15:05
lake shark wrote:
BSA wrote:

And Love was on the youngest team in the league and won a playoff game anyway and then the Packers had nothing to be ashamed of vs the 49'ers.

No one knows the future but odds are both these QB's are going to be top 5 in the league soon - probably Love already is.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The only thing they got wrong was "cheap" seed. We at least used a first rounder on each of our last 3 QBs. :)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jul 2024 08:40
The only thing they got wrong was "cheap" seed. We at least used a first rounder on each of our last 3 QBs. :)
I've never had much luck with cheap seeds, always end up with late harvest, and competing pot growers scarf up all the buyers, and I'am left to cutting prices to dump my weed :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
15 Jun 2024 03:51
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Jun 2024 15:05
lake shark wrote:

And Love was on the youngest team in the league and won a playoff game anyway and then the Packers had nothing to be ashamed of vs the 49'ers.

No one knows the future but odds are both these QB's are going to be top 5 in the league soon - probably Love already is.
probably true, Lawrence forced to play in system with below average skill position talent probably developed poor habits and tech, while Love simply had to over come 1/2 season of poor pass pro and inexperience, he weathered that well.

Not saying Lawrence will struggle to unlearn any bad habits, or regain any lost tech ability, but many do, and never become the player they may have been, thats why it is so important to set up a young QB for success, supply quality pass pro, and also a bunch of skill position players, receivers that get open on schedule, and run precise routes, and stud muffin RB's that can force a defense to honor the run game, a TE that can do more then block, Guty did a great job setting up Jorden for success, no way he could know that Bakhtiari wouldn't stay healthy, and if he had our offense would have clicked even sooner.

I don't agree with everything Guty has done, but he nailed this transition, cudo's are deserved. :clap:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Trevor Lawrence is an average QB and he will have a few shining moments.
But there's no chance he will ever be Top 5 in anything... except disappointment for Jags fans :lol:
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yeah Lawrence is never going to be even top 10. He’s had plenty of weapons IMO to be better than what he is.

If he was going to be the great QB he was billed to be he would be there already. I never understood the hype in the first place. I always thought he just looked like a good prospect. Not a great one.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Jul 2024 12:29
Yeah Lawrence is never going to be even top 10. He’s had plenty of weapons IMO to be better than what he is.

If he was going to be the great QB he was billed to be he would be there already. I never understood the hype in the first place. I always thought he just looked like a good prospect. Not a great one.
I thought he looked like a great prospect in college. I believe it was his sophomore year, they beat Alabama? Don’t quote me on that I’m not as into college football. He looked like the complete package to me. His arm really stood out and he made quick decisions. He probably showed more potential than any college QB I have seen. Shame that it hasn’t translated to the NFL.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Tragedy Khyree Jackson Vikes R CB, 4th rounder dies in a car accident.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Cdragon wrote:
06 Jul 2024 15:42
Tragedy Khyree Jackson Vikes R CB, 4th rounder dies in a car accident.
Damn. I had mocked him quite a bit. Really liked his size and physicality. Awful news.
Cancelled by the forum elites.