Rank the Roster 2024: #38

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 20 Jul 2024 09:01

Andre Dillard
9%
Sean Clifford
9%
Royce Newman
4%
Jacob Monk
9%
Kitan Oladapo
4%
Travis Glover
No votes
Tyler Davis
No votes
Malik Heath
13%
Anthony Johnson Jr
9%
Eric Wilson
4%
Michael Pratt
No votes
Corey Ballentine
26%
Ben Sims
4%
Emanuel Wilson
No votes
Kalen King
No votes
Samori Toure
9%

Total votes: 23

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #38

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (48%)[-2]
4. Zach Tom (27%)[+13]
5. Kenny Clark (33%)[-1]
6. Xavier McKinney (35%)[FA]
7. Elgton Jenkins (47%)[-1]
8. Josh Jacobs (43%)[FA]
9. Jayden Reed (36%)[+18]
10T. Christian Watson (24%)[-2]
10T. Dontayvion Wicks (24%)[+21]
12T. Preston Smith (27%)[-2]
12T. Devonte Wyatt (27%)[+4]
14. Quay Walker (40%)[--]
15. Luke Musgrave (28%)[+7]
16T. Romeo Doubs (26%)[-1]
16T. Lukas Van Ness (26%)[+2]
18. Keisean Nixon (25%)[-1]
19. Tucker Kraft (21%)[+12]
20. Rasheed Walker (32%)[+12]
21. Eric Stokes (28%)[+1]
22T. Javon Bullard (38%)[R]
22T. Edgerrin Cooper (38%)[R]
24. Josh Myers (27%)[-3]
25T. Jordan Morgan (28%)[R]
25T. Carrington Valentine (28%)[+6]
27T. MarShawn Lloyd (25%)[R]
27T. Karl Brooks (25%)[+6]
29. TJ Slaton (33%)[-5]
30. Sean Rhyan (29%)[+1]
31. Kingsley Enagbare (36%)[-6]
32. AJ Dillon (36%)[-20]
33. Bo Melton (42%)[--]
34. Isaiah McDuffie (44%)[--]
35. Colby Wooden (40%)[--]
36T. Ty'Ron Hopper (23%)[R]
36T. Evan Williams (23%)[R]
38. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Getting close to the end here, camp is just around the corner. I want to get to #40, been slacking here in July.

Clifford is a key cog of the '24 Packers. Backup QB's play a massive role for Lefleur (and every team really). I thought he looked decent last year, a year under his belt and he'll be fun to watch in PS and handing off for a drive or two in the 4th every week.

Dillard is certainly in the mix on the OL and very well could be a day 1 starter somewhere.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Got the last two high-upside rookies off the board. Now, as I comb through the list I am looking for guys I am relatively certain will make an impact this year. That left me with Eric Wilson, Corey Ballentine, and Ben Sims. I went with Ballentine and Sims, but Wilson is right in with that group. I could see the back-up QB here, but I almost think you have to vote for Clifford and Pratt as a package deal. Pratt is definitely the higher upside prospect.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
19 Jul 2024 09:17
Pratt is definitely the higher upside prospect.
why are you convinced of that? seriously now, that would seem almost impossible for any of us to know, true he may be more physically gifted, but being a great QB imho is more about whats upstairs then whats on the ground, I would think Clifford ranks much higher in that category :idn:

either way I'am voting Clifford, he is in position to make a huge contribution each and every week.

went with Heath as #2, all it takes is a injury and he'll get a lot of reps, and our receivers tend to miss a game or two every season

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
19 Jul 2024 10:17
why are you convinced of that? seriously now, that would seem almost impossible for any of us to know, true he may be more physically gifted, but being a great QB imho is more about whats upstairs then whats on the ground, I would think Clifford ranks much higher in that category
Just the offseason buzz I have read and heard. He is definitely the more physically gifted. As you said, that is usually not enough, especially at QB. Yet, the reports from the offseason have been that Pratt has taken command, picked up the playbook well, has demonstrated leadership beyond his years, and has that alpha, want to get on the field vibe you would expect from a high upside QB. I still like Clifford and that is why I mentioned they should probably be a package deal, but I do think a year from now no one will be hesitating to view Pratt as the back-up. At this point in the vote, I choose to be a year too early vs a year too late at that position.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
19 Jul 2024 09:17
Pratt is definitely the higher upside prospect.
The question is - which one is more likely to survive the cut to PS ? Clifford was not highly regarded coming out, but has a year in the league.
And the comments on Clifford in 2023 were generally favorable. And MLF apparently felt OK going with only Clifford at back up last year.
Pratt seems to have a higher profile despite his draft slot and as noted above, the comments on Pratt have also been quite favorable.
Competition at QB2

We'll learn more in TC and preseason for sure, but I don't believe they'll keep 3 QBs on the 53 because of talent elsewhere
IT. IS. TIME

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I will Return to Monk(e) with my first vote.

'Pretty undecided with my second vote. Anthony Johnson Jr. did open OTAs as the starter, and I was big on him as a rookie. He could surprise, I guess, in spite of all the competition. I also think Ben Sims is really underrated and has more upside than people might think. I also would not be surprised to see a jump from Emanuel Wilson, though it will be hard for him to see the field. Corey Ballentine was thrust into the starting lineup last year and held his own. I wonder if being in Barry's zone scheme benefited him and he may get exposed more in Hafley's defense, or if the dude really is just a solid player.

I will deliberate on this.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pratt is the better prospect than Clifford. I do expect Pratt to win the QB2 battle from the fan's view in August. Might not be that way on the depth chart but I think after watching presason, fans are going to love Pratt.

I was pretty jacked when we took him. Absolute steal.

Pratt has the better physical tools and the dude is just a leader. He is a fun player to play for. His teammates are gonna love him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Going Corey Ballentine and Eric Wilson.

Wilson will make the team based on STs and he will be a leader on that group. If we keep saying the Packers need to emphasize STs...then we need to emphasize it too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Jul 2024 12:05
Pratt is the better prospect than Clifford. I do expect Pratt to win the QB2 battle from the fan's view in August. Might not be that way on the depth chart but I think after watching presason, fans are going to love Pratt.

I was pretty jacked when we took him. Absolute steal.

Pratt has the better physical tools and the dude is just a leader. He is a fun player to play for. His teammates are gonna love him.
Clifford is out starting QB! What are you talking a out!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I continue to question Gary chosen at #2 on the list. I'd lean forward toward Jayden Reed or Preston Smith. Just my thoughts today as training camp opens soonest. GO EFFEN FREAKIN PACK GO.

Again to continuously iterate and re-iterate, aka footstomping. Plan on joining Lupe and Ringo on Sunday November 24 for a pre-game celebration of this wonderful chatboard and its associated friendships and ancillary side situations. We'll be relying on BF004 to tell us where and when to kick this Packers-Niners game party off. Last season we met up at The Bar (before and after the game). GO EFFEN FREAKIN PACK GO!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Waldo wrote:
19 Jul 2024 09:07
Getting close to the end here, camp is just around the corner. I want to get to #40, been slacking here in July.
Whether we make it to 40 or not, thank you, as always, for putting this together, @Waldo. It always does help pass the time until Training Camp starts.

:aok: :aok: :hail: :hail: :aok: :aok:

:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Seconded!

Thanks again for another ranking off-season!

:aok:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Jul 2024 20:01
I continue to question Gary chosen at #2 on the list. I'd lean forward toward Jayden Reed or Preston Smith. Just my thoughts today as training camp opens soonest. GO EFFEN FREAKIN PACK GO.

Again to continuously iterate and re-iterate, aka footstomping. Plan on joining Lupe and Ringo on Sunday November 24 for a pre-game celebration of this wonderful chatboard and its associated friendships and ancillary side situations. We'll be relying on BF004 to tell us where and when to kick this Packers-Niners game party off. Last season we met up at The Bar (before and after the game). GO EFFEN FREAKIN PACK GO!

Read More. Post Less.