All Remaining TCs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

All Remaining TCs

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man. I think I was honestly just completely underrating Romeo Doubs.

This is so cool to see.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jul 2024 15:35
Man. I think I was honestly just completely underrating Romeo Doubs.

This is so cool to see.
Love put Doubs on the list of receivers he could have if he could draw up any play which was intresting. He could have said anyone in the league, or even yet, anyone on his team and he chose Doubs.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I think I said this last year, but Doubs has that thing that Jennings and Adams had where you just know he's got it. Not the biggest, not the fastest, not the strongest, but he's got "it".
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I had heard rumblings last year that some considered Doubs to be the best of the bunch in GB. So, I wondered then why he wasn't putting up 80+ catches and some huge yardage, with a few more TDs to spare. It seemed like there was always a gap between his value to the offense versus his actual production. If there is a real gap, I think it's more about spreading the ball around than whether he continually gets open or not. (Most of our WRs are regularly getting open.)

So, I resign myself to simply cherish the thought that Doubs gets as many big plays as anybody on our team. First downs. TDs. Unlikely catches. Even a real good block thrown in. Yeah, Doubs is a very good WR.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Offense.

Zach Tom continues to work with the first-team offense at right tackle through individual drills, but he remains sidelined during team drills as he recovers from his pec injury. In his place, Kadeem Telfort, who appears to have overtaken Andre Dillard as the primary backup right tackle over the last week, got the nod with the first-team offense. The other offensive linemen working with the first-team offense, per Packer Report’s Andy Herman, were Rasheed Walker (left tackle), Elgton Jenkins (left guard), Josh Myers (center) and Jordan Morgan (right guard). For the most part, that’s been the Packers’ starting line lately, though, Sean Rhyan has received reps at right guard in place of Morgan.

On the offensive side of the ball, the standout of the day on Tuesday was receiver Romeo Doubs, who beat cornerback Jaire Alexander several times in one-on-one drills. According to The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman, Alexander was even asking for more reps against Doubs after the third-year receiver bested him in three head-to-head matchups. Later on in practice, Doubs caught a touchdown in tight coverage that gave him little margin for error in a team drill in a third-and-goal situation.

One player worth keeping an eye on in the preseason is second-year running back Emanuel Wilson, who Herman claimed “had the best runs of camp so far” on Tuesday. It’s tough to imagine Wilson will be one of the top three backs on the Packers’ depth chart this year, and it’ll be hard to keep a fourth back on the roster, but if anyone can make a convincing argument, it will be the 2023 preseason standout.
From Acmepacking
Last edited by Cdragon on 30 Jul 2024 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

If the coaching staff agrees with Jaire's assessment, then does his snap count on third downs compare? Which of our WRs are on the field the most on third down?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Defense:
If you thought that Devonte Wyatt would automatically fill in as the starting defensive tackle next to Kenny Clark in this new 4-3 scheme, it’s time to officially start adjusting those expectations. Not only has T.J. Slaton gotten most of the nods to play in first-look opportunities with the Packers’ first-team defense, but today it was Colby Wooden, not Wyatt, who filled in for Slaton next to Clark.

Other notable starters in practice on the defensive side included Eric Wilson and Isaiah McDuffie at linebacker, who got the nods in 4-3 base looks with Quay Walker over rookie second-round pick Edgerrin Cooper, and fourth-round rookie Evan Williams, whose turn it was to start at safety in the rotation as he, Javon Bullard and Anthony Johnson Jr. battle for one starting job.

On the defensive line, which continues to best the Packers’ offensive line in training camp, two standouts today were defensive tackle Karl Brooks and defensive end Lukas Van Ness. Brooks beat Jordan Morgan in the run game and pass game in team drills, per Herman. Van Ness, who worked with the second-team defense, turned up the pressure on backup quarterback Sean Clifford in competitive periods.

Cornerback Eric Stokes keeps making plays, too. First former first-round pick appears to be the team’s preferred option to start at outside cornerback opposite of Jaire Alexander, and it’s going to be tough for him to lose that job if he continues to perform the way he has. In a two-minute drill to end practice, Stokes picked off quarterback Jordan Love on a goalline throw to receiver Christian Watson, who may or may not have made the wrong adjustment to his route on the play.

In all but one of the Packers’ seven camp practices so far, it has ended with the defense winning the competitive period — leading to the offense ending the day with pushups for fans and the media to see.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

STs
With James Turner out of the picture, the kicking competition has come down to returning starter Anders Carlson and former Minnesota Vikings starter Greg Joseph. Joseph went a perfect 6-of-6 kicking today, bringing his camp total to 22-of-24, while Carlson was wide right from 41 yards out in his only miss of the day, bringing his camp total to 21-of-24. At this point, the placekicking competition is entirely too close to call.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Cdragon wrote:
30 Jul 2024 16:29
STs
With James Turner out of the picture, the kicking competition has come down to returning starter Anders Carlson and former Minnesota Vikings starter Greg Joseph. Joseph went a perfect 6-of-6 kicking today, bringing his camp total to 22-of-24, while Carlson was wide right from 41 yards out in his only miss of the day, bringing his camp total to 21-of-24. At this point, the placekicking competition is entirely too close to call.
The kicking comp isn't too close to call. It will be handed to Carlson, just like last year.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rank the Roster looking silly for calling Doubs wr4 :oops:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
30 Jul 2024 18:47
Rank the Roster looking silly for calling Doubs wr4 :oops:
I mean maybe trending that way but no one looks silly two weeks into training camp

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Noteworthy when guessing the roster cuts.

Are there two Newman OL?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Grant DuBose getting more love from the boys. He may be forcing his way onto the roster.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
30 Jul 2024 17:53
Cdragon wrote:
STs
The kicking comp isn't too close to call. It will be handed to Carlson, just like last year.
Yeah 87.5% make rate is definitely undeserving. :roll:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I'd like to see DuBose take the last WR spot. Heath is pretty meh; I thought he put too many balls on the ground for a bigger but not overly fast/explosive receiver. Alternatively, I'd like to see Heath improve his hands and ball skills!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jul 2024 19:51
wallyuwl wrote:
30 Jul 2024 17:53
Cdragon wrote:
Yeah 87.5% make rate is definitely undeserving. :roll:
91.7% is more bigly of a percent than 87.5%.

But the point is that it doesn't matter. Carlson could go 60% yhe rest of camp and he will be given the K job.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
30 Jul 2024 19:26
Noteworthy when guessing the roster cuts.

Are there two Newman OL?

If we are going to clone guys why not start with Bakh. :bkw: