Preseason games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Head Coach Matt LaFleur confirmed during his pre-practice news conference that the current plan calls for Love and most starters to play against the Browns.

LaFleur said he and the coaches reviewed previous seasons when Green Bay had its starters play in the preseason compared to when guys sat out and felt playing helped players prepare for the start of the regular season.
"I thought it was beneficial for us early on, especially Week 1, just to kind of knock some of the rust off," LaFleur said. "There was a lot of value of going through, getting your mind right to get ready to play a football game. Obviously, we're going to be smart with those guys. The last thing we want to do is put guys at risk. … We'll be smart with him."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I know I said I was against them playing in the preseason but if you’re going to do it, do it early. Knock off the rust and if you do take any dings you got 3 weeks to get right.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The August 10 preseason game is on Channel 55 on DirecTV in the Milwaukee area. Not sure about the other TV options.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I haven't seen a PS1 GDT created yet...?

I blame @Pckfn23...

Arcticfox
Reactions:

Post by Arcticfox »

Pre season game against the Browns. I know winning and losing these games doesn't mean much but don't we all want to see the team play well? As it concerns the starters? I Know Love will be playing but I hope it's only one series and he hands the ball off every play. Cannot have him injured in pre season after land that huge contract.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
08 Aug 2024 16:45

I blame @Pckfn23...
Gotcha, after practice
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Aug 2024 18:44
APB wrote:
08 Aug 2024 16:45

I blame @Pckfn23...
Gotcha, after practice
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Might be going to Aug 24. Been since like 2007. Went to quite a few during late 80s through mid 90s, but few since.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Got the tix. Going to last preseason game.