Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
05 Aug 2024 16:22
I don’t know who this guy is with this account but I haven’t seen this reported anywhere else.

Meanwhile beat reporters are reporting he is still holding in at 49ers camp

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/foot ... db0fe90000

Also, Tom P with this:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This Aiyuk news may actually be legit:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
05 Aug 2024 22:22

Why does the player, on a 1st contract, get to veto a TRADE?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 Aug 2024 22:25
APB wrote:

He doesn't, but he can throw a wrench in the process if he does not want to play for the team, just as he is doing now with the 49ers.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 Aug 2024 22:25
APB wrote:

Because the trade, I am sure, is contingent upon him agreeing to a new contract with the team set to acquire him.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:rotf: :rotf:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Anyone watch the Bears hard knocks yet? I haven’t watched but I have two Bears fans yapping that they’re already 1st in the division because of one episode of manipulated film.

Is this normal? Growing up I knew not a single Bears fan. The first I encountered I think I was 20 or so. I thought he looked like Shrek minus the green skin. Since then I assumed they were all deformed tard boys.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Aug 2024 22:32
Anyone watch the Bears hard knocks yet? I haven’t watched but I have two Bears fans yapping that they’re already 1st in the division because of one episode of manipulated film.

Is this normal? Growing up I knew not a single Bears fan. The first I encountered I think I was 20 or so. I thought he looked like Shrek minus the green skin. Since then I assumed they were all deformed tard boys.
Some of the details are fuzzy but your final conclusion is spot on.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2024 22:03

A poor man's....Jameis Winston?

Ouch.

:rotfl:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
07 Aug 2024 06:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Aug 2024 22:03

A poor man's....Jameis Winston?

Ouch.

:rotfl:
:rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Patriots “have decided not to explore any further trade possibilities” with the 49ers for WR Brandon Aiyuk.

The Patriots were rumored earlier to have framework of a deal with the 49ers for Aiyuk, but are now out on the 26-year-old. NBC Sports Bay Area’s Matt Maiocco added that the Patriots were prepared to offer the largest deal among the Aiyuk suitors, over $30 million per year. Aiyuk likely declined the Patriots as a destination more than their offer, or the 49ers did not want to deal him for the Pats’ return. Schefter adds that the Patriots “are excited about their young receivers and want to focus on them.” Rookies Ja’Lynn Polk and Javon Baker join DeMario Douglas as the team’s wideouts under 25. K.J. Osborn and Kendrick Bourne (recovering from a torn ACL) are the veterans of the group. Third overall pick Drake Maye would have benefitted from a No. 1 receiver like Aiyuk but the Patriots are doubling-down on their drafted wideouts. The sweepstakes narrow to the Browns and Steelers as the other teams most rumored to be in the running for Aiyuk.
Seeing as it was earlier reported the framework for a trade had been reached between the 49ers and Patriots, my guess is the Pat's front office were informed of Aiyuk's contract demands and promptly said not just no, but hell no.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also could be Aiyuk said no to any offer. That team is a dumpster fire right now.

If you get a chance to go to the Steelers, or Browns even, and are getting a fair market contract, that’d be more appealing to me than just trying to get max dollar.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
07 Aug 2024 12:23
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Patriots “have decided not to explore any further trade possibilities” with the 49ers for WR Brandon Aiyuk.

The Patriots were rumored earlier to have framework of a deal with the 49ers for Aiyuk, but are now out on the 26-year-old. NBC Sports Bay Area’s Matt Maiocco added that the Patriots were prepared to offer the largest deal among the Aiyuk suitors, over $30 million per year. Aiyuk likely declined the Patriots as a destination more than their offer, or the 49ers did not want to deal him for the Pats’ return. Schefter adds that the Patriots “are excited about their young receivers and want to focus on them.” Rookies Ja’Lynn Polk and Javon Baker join DeMario Douglas as the team’s wideouts under 25. K.J. Osborn and Kendrick Bourne (recovering from a torn ACL) are the veterans of the group. Third overall pick Drake Maye would have benefitted from a No. 1 receiver like Aiyuk but the Patriots are doubling-down on their drafted wideouts. The sweepstakes narrow to the Browns and Steelers as the other teams most rumored to be in the running for Aiyuk.
Seeing as it was earlier reported the framework for a trade had been reached between the 49ers and Patriots, my guess is the Pat's front office were informed of Aiyuk's contract demands and promptly said not just no, but hell no.
Idk it says the Patriots offered the most and over $30M which would have likely landed Aiyuk at 3rd in APY. I think whats more likely is the Patriots declined the asking price. They were rumored to be giving back Bourne who is a 29 year old off injury. It would have likely costed the Pats AJ Brown type trade compensation (a 1st and 3rd) which I just dont think the Patriots want to do considering they stink.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Maybe this one is legit...

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
07 Aug 2024 12:23
my guess is the Pat's front office were informed of Aiyuk's contract demands and promptly said not just no, but hell no.
Aiyuk stated that he didn't want to play for Pats, this is just their way of saying THEY broke up with him to save face.
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Really long, but fun.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
08 Aug 2024 09:07
Really long, but fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=JE6H3oCK3fM
Great find!

If I was to nitpick, I think the creators put too many limits on themselves. Like Lombardi back to Jim Lee Howell is factual, but it's more accurate to say Lombardi was a disciple of Red Blaik at West Point. And Lambeau would be under the rather large Knute Rockne system. (Just make it a 2 hour video, you cowards! :lol:)

And then there's Jon Gruden. Should he be connected to Ray Rhodes instead of Holmgren? Yes, he was OC under Rhodes, but Holmgren was his mentor (along with Paul Hackett).
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
08 Aug 2024 13:38
NCF wrote:
08 Aug 2024 09:07
Really long, but fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=JE6H3oCK3fM
Great find!

If I was to nitpick, I think the creators put too many limits on themselves. Like Lombardi back to Jim Lee Howell is factual, but it's more accurate to say Lombardi was a disciple of Red Blaik at West Point. And Lambeau would be under the rather large Knute Rockne system. (Just make it a 2 hour video, you cowards! :lol:)

And then there's Jon Gruden. Should he be connected to Ray Rhodes instead of Holmgren? Yes, he was OC under Rhodes, but Holmgren was his mentor (along with Paul Hackett).
Yeah, that part drove me a little nuts, too, but it actually does help understand how the mind melds happen in cross-influences. Like, Matt LaFleur being part of the Bill Belichick tree is hilarious, but you do see some of the Vrabel influences in LaFleur, so I guess, it works.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-har ... f1bbc91921

Jim just can't stay clean in the NCAA. Over/Under 6 years before his act wears thin in the NFL... again?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Aug 2024 23:59
https://apnews.com/article/michigan-har ... f1bbc91921

Jim just can't stay clean in the NCAA. Over/Under 6 years before his act wears thin in the NFL... again?
I'll take the under.