Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers GDT - 9/20 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Would be huge for the Lions to not have those CB's Sunday.
RIP JustJeff

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Anyone want to guess who will be the first Packer to do a Lambeau Leap without any fans? 8-)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
16 Sep 2020 18:18
Anyone want to guess who will be the first Packer to do a Lambeau Leap without any fans?
great question.
Should be Leroy Butler - and he might even be there for the opener.
As far as current players, Jones/Williams would do it, maybe Lazard. Adams isn't a leaper. Deguarra for sure, Dillon for sure
Jaire would, maybe Z- he's never had the chance and I can't see him skipping it
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
16 Sep 2020 21:01
Remember the Brett Favre/Michael Strahan game? When Strahan spent the whole game coming close but not getting the record breaking sack? The line was stonewalling him mostly, but even when he got a pressure Favre beat him. And it was clear that it was a thing and it was so much fun to watch as it happened and then at the end Favre gave him the sack; I mean laid down for him. And at the time I was SO mad that he did. But in retrospect it's sorta fun/funny to take a role in someone else's accomplishment that way. That record will always be remembered by those who were fans at the time as the record Favre gave to Strahan.

Just saying it'd be fun to carry a shutout into the 4th and let him break the record on a totally meaningless garbage time TD, so afterwards he has to field questions from stat fiends being like "did you know you're the all-time leader in TD passes against the Packers?" and he is sitting there with an embarrassing loss marring his accomplishment.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Matt Stafford: king of volume stats! 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Sep 2020 21:19
NCF wrote:
Remember the Brett Favre/Michael Strahan game? When Strahan spent the whole game coming close but not getting the record breaking sack? The line was stonewalling him mostly, but even when he got a pressure Favre beat him. And it was clear that it was a thing and it was so much fun to watch as it happened and then at the end Favre gave him the sack; I mean laid down for him. And at the time I was SO mad that he did. But in retrospect it's sorta fun/funny to take a role in someone else's accomplishment that way. That record will always be remembered by those who were fans at the time as the record Favre gave to Strahan.

Just saying it'd be fun to carry a shutout into the 4th and let him break the record on a totally meaningless garbage time TD, so afterwards he has to field questions from stat fiends being like "did you know you're the all-time leader in TD passes against the Packers?" and he is sitting there with an embarrassing loss marring his accomplishment.
I hated that. Screwing over Tauscher who had a fabulous game. And screwing Strayhan who's said he would rather not have the record because of the crap he's had to deal with fans who razz about it being given to him and not deserving it.

Records are made to be broken not given away. If Stafford gets the record he deserves it. He turned into a decent QB with one of the worst franchies in history.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Does somebody have easy access to Pete Dougherty's latest chat at GBPG? Copy and paste here would be highly appreciated. No idea why I don't have access here from Germany, probably a EU thing.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
17 Sep 2020 06:03
YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Sep 2020 21:19
NCF wrote:

I hated that. Screwing over Tauscher who had a fabulous game. And screwing Strayhan who's said he would rather not have the record because of the crap he's had to deal with fans who razz about it being given to him and not deserving it.

Records are made to be broken not given away. If Stafford gets the record he deserves it. He turned into a decent QB with one of the worst franchies in history.
I'am the opposite of Yoho, it didn't bother me so much at the time, we won the game and I wanted strahan to get the record, however later it just seemed like a stab in the back to Tausher, and Favre to although he didn't acknowledge it, he took a lot of complaints from other players over it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

A controversy that never would have existed if radical extremists didn't hijack airplanes and crash them into the WTC. The Packers were scheduled to be in NYC that weekend to play the Giants and, with games cancelled, it was later re-scheduled to the end of the season. How many remember that?

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I guess my point is that if a record has to be set against us, I like taking something away from it out of spite.

Stafford plays the Packers twice a year; he's gonna throw another TD pass and get this record. I want it to happen when it means nothing and is marred by a loss.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Makes a ton of sense to me. For a guy that hasn't been on an NFL field in 3+ years, not sure he cares if that is the plan, either.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So what would Wynn earn if he suits up Sunday?

Basically vet minimum for his experience divided by 16?

Still like $32k or so for Winn.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That doesn't even seem like a loophole. Like, it's part of the system. It was created to enable teams to fill holes quickly throughout a season that may have a lot of personnel turnover due to health and injury. Now, it's not COVID-related, sure. But this is the system, not a hole in the system.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
17 Sep 2020 09:58
So what would Wynn earn if he suits up Sunday?

Basically vet minimum for his experience divided by 16?

Still like $32k or so for Winn.
I would think PS pay/16. Not sure on the math, but peanuts.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Since 1992, the Green Bay Packers are 26-3 against the Lions in the state of Wisconsin
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
17 Sep 2020 11:26
Since 1992, the Green Bay Packers are 26-3 against the Lions in the state of Wisconsin
Good lord the Lions have had our number lately.

2015 - 1-1. Split. Took a Miracle throw to split
2016 - 2-0. Swept em
2017 - 0-2.
2018 - 0-2.
2019 - 2-0. But led for 0:00 combined both games.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
17 Sep 2020 11:41
BSA wrote:
17 Sep 2020 11:26

2016 - 2-0. Swept em
2017 - 0-2.
2018 - 0-2.
Let me make you feel a little bit better.

Holmgren + Favre = 8-0
Rhodes + Favre = 1-0
Sherman + Favre = 6-0
McCarthy + Favre = 2-0
McCarthy + Rodgers = 8-1 (stupid Crosby)
LaFleur + Rodgers = 1-0

McCarthy + Hundley = 0-1
Philbin + Rodgers/Kizer = 0-1

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

quite a few injuries in the lions den this week, but always remember: there's nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito

https://youtu.be/ZcACaW9vwg4
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
17 Sep 2020 11:49
go pak go wrote:
17 Sep 2020 11:41

2016 - 2-0. Swept em
2017 - 0-2.
2018 - 0-2.
Let me make you feel a little bit better.

Holmgren + Favre = 8-0
Rhodes + Favre = 1-0
Sherman + Favre = 6-0
McCarthy + Favre = 2-0
McCarthy + Rodgers = 8-1 (stupid Crosby)
LaFleur + Rodgers = 1-0

McCarthy + Hundley = 0-1
Philbin + Rodgers/Kizer = 0-1
The top has 5 losses and the bottom has 3.

What gives?