Packers @ Browns Preseason GDT: Saturday, August 10th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Browns Preseason GDT: Saturday, August 10th, 3:25 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Cleveland Browns :browns:
Saturday, August 10th, 3:25 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers +3.5
Over/Under: 39.5

Stadium

FirstEnergy Stadium

Injury Report
None

Broadcast (LOCAL)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=p1
Kevin Harlan, John Kuhn

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... debut-2024
Green Bay will travel to Cleveland to take on the Browns in the preseason opener.

This will be the 26th time the Packers and Browns have played in the preseason and will tie for the second-most preseason games Green Bay has played against any opponent (Pittsburgh and Washington, 26 / New York Giants, 30).
This will be the ninth time that the Packers will play their first game of their preseason slate against the Browns. It is the first time since 2016, when Green Bay hosted Cleveland in what was supposed to be its second preseason contest but ended up being the first after field conditions canceled the Packers' first game in Canton, Ohio.
It is the first time since 2011 that Green Bay will open the preseason in Cleveland.
The Packers open on the road for the third consecutive preseason.
Following the first preseason game, the Packers will have two open practices (Aug. 13-14) back in Green Bay, before going to Denver, where they will have a joint practice (Aug. 16) before facing the Broncos on Aug. 18 at 7 p.m. CT.
With the three-game preseason schedule implemented in 2021, the Packers will alternate between hosting one and two preseason games each year. This year, the Packers will start with two road games before the Baltimore Ravens come to Lambeau Field to close out the preseason. The matchup with the Ravens is designated as the Packers Give Back Game, with a benefiting charity to be highlighted through the game and surrounding activities.
Weather
Screenshot 2024-08-08 222929.png
Screenshot 2024-08-08 222929.png (58.89 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Browns 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It warms my heart to finally see another GDT.

Well done, @Pckfn23! :aok:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
09 Aug 2024 07:21
It warms my heart to finally see another GDT.

Well done, @Pckfn23! :aok:
Yeah, I don't even have anything to say. Just good to be back.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

38-13 in a laugher

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We are so back... as the kids say.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

2009 was Rodgers' 2nd season under center...and the Packers opened up preseason vs CLE- winning 17-0
2024 is Loves' 2nd season under center...and the Packers open up preseason vs CLE-

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxsco ... 2009081505
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
09 Aug 2024 09:32

2009 was Rodgers' 2nd season under center...and the Packers opened up preseason vs CLE- winning 17-0
2024 is Loves' 2nd season under center...and the Packers open up preseason vs CLE-

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxsco ... 2009081505
I remember this game well. I was at a wedding and spent most of the time at the bar watching the debut of the Packers 3-4 under Dom Capers. Oddly enough, here we are, again, watching the debut of the Packers 4-3 under Jeff Hafley. Funny how the world works.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I absolutely love watching preseason games. No anxiety. Just watching football. For the exception of the 4th quarter can be absolutely brutal with the back 90 players.

As long as your Oline holds up a little bit...it should be fun to watch. Really hoping to see guys like Pratt, Lloyd, Dubose, all backup tackles, and quite frankly every rookie on the team.

Hope to see our kickers get opportunities too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
09 Aug 2024 10:09
I absolutely love watching preseason games. No anxiety. Just watching football. For the exception of the 4th quarter can be absolutely brutal with the back 90 players.

As long as your Oline holds up a little bit...it should be fun to watch. Really hoping to see guys like Pratt, Lloyd, Dubose, all backup tackles, and quite frankly every rookie on the team.

Im always excited to watch preseason football until I start watching preseason football. There needs to be some stakes on the line for me to get really invested these days.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Players/positions I'll be paying particular attention to:
  • O-Line
  • Brenton Cox Jr
  • Javon Bullard/Evan Williams
  • Edge Cooper
  • Grant DuBose
  • Anders Carlson

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Go Pack Go!
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 09 Aug 2024 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

On ABC in Wisconsin except for Green Bay and Milwaukee. Thanks for the timely message.
KUUUUHN!!
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 09 Aug 2024 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I want to see some run blocking from the O-line. Family Night was pretty bad on that front.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
09 Aug 2024 10:09

these PS games are for solidifying positional prominence, while boring when it comes to 3rd and 4th stringers late in games, first alternate wars are always fun to watch

heck I watch as much HS football now as pro ball, those kids leave there heart on the field, peddle to the metal the whole game.

enjoy the game you and all :aok:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's one of the eleventy million articles talking about what to watch for this afternoon.
As if you need to be told...fer cripes sake

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... on-opener/
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
10 Aug 2024 11:24
Here's one of the eleventy million articles talking about what to watch for this afternoon.
As if you need to be told...fer cripes sake

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... on-opener/
we'll get to see how well this OL can do minus Toms and Morgan, always like seeing positional rebuild, and the safety position has arguably the best FS in the league and 2 highly rated rookies, looking forward to watching that play out, ILB also has addition.

I expect a few growing pains, takes time to build chemistry, scheme repertoire, so much rotation hinders that development.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Anyone have a stream? I have YouTube TV and don't get the game because if the stupid Olympics.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Aug 2024 13:46
Anyone have a stream? I have YouTube TV and don't get the game because if the stupid Olympics.
I PMd you that jawn.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Aug 2024 13:50
wallyuwl wrote:
10 Aug 2024 13:46
I PMd you that jawn.
Ditto please