Packers Offensive Line 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
18 Aug 2024 12:31
Whatever happens with David, I wish him all the best- he's a great human and a was great Packer

thanks for all the info BSA :aok: always liked Bakhtiari, one of best tackles we ever had, and if the staff want him at vet min with incentives I havn't a issue, just figured David would want more, if healthy he's worth a ton more, KC and Reid would seem attractive, natural grass.

33rd is a tough grader, where at #8 toping the list of average, that site sure has a bunch of pop up ads though (my pc?) so I didn't scroll down to where below average starts lol

as others have said our top 5 or 6 OL seem solid, it's our depth we question, I think were in better shape this year then last.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I would think Packers are out of the conversation. At this point in his career and the youth the team has at OT I can’t imagine it.

That said with how weak our backup OT position is I’m not really worried about losing one from the PS. Tell him he could solidify a legacy and his claim at the Packers HoF if he comes back as the backup OT while he continues to heal and when we need him he will be called upon. But he’s gotta come back on a cheap contract.

Even if he doesn’t win a ring his legacy will be etched forever in GB if he shows some selflessness so be the backup LT until needed. If he goes somewhere else and wins a ring, more than likely he still won’t be remembered for it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

IOL depth and a RG are still issues.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Dillard has a surprisingly good grade so far

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, for all the reports out of camp about how bad he looked (which I'm sure were true) Dillard has held up well enough in live action. I don't know if he went up against anyone with legitimately dangerous pass rush ability, maybe Bonito(?) but he has passed the eye test. Telfort does not look terrible either. I don't love what we have there but these are backups we're talking about. I can live with it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
19 Aug 2024 12:44
Dillard has a surprisingly good grade so far

A few bloggers have pointed it out. Dillard has been decent at LT. Its when we have tried him at RT where hes been really bad. Honestly its tough to get good swing tackle play at any point let alone the end of camp. OTs just play sides now. Im still ok with the OL with how versatile the OGs are.

One thing Nagler said last year was the OL looked so bad in run blocking early on was because it wasnt something that was emphasized by Lafleur in the offseason. Nagler said Lafleur felt like you dont get as much from practice running the ball because no one can really hit or get that physical anywhere which makes a little sense. Still you play the way you practice. Its no wonder why we see year in and out that tackling and running the ball is always a struggle.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Aug 2024 13:08
A few bloggers have pointed it out. Dillard has been decent at LT. Its when we have tried him at RT where hes been really bad. Honestly its tough to get good swing tackle play at any point let alone the end of camp. OTs just play sides now. Im still ok with the OL with how versatile the OGs are.
Just wrap Zach Tom in bubble wrap. That was probably the biggest reason we didn't hold a lead in SF last January and we really have no good options behind him now with the season weeks away. I hate when an injury affects two positions, but I wonder if the best bet would be Dillard at LT and Sheed at RT.

Read More. Post Less.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

I assume at this point we can keep Dillard around knowing he essentially Is only backing up LT? Stenovich said that he struggled at RT, reports from practice seem to agree, and he has only played LT in preseason. LT is probably important enough to keep Dillard as it looks like it is coming down to that. We have a ton of versatility in others to make up for it. Not great but I think it is the best we are going to get.

Tentua played guard a bit, not sure I saw him there before?

I will also add Monk started slow, but he is coming around.

Newman should be cut ASAP. 4th year player being as inconstant as him is embarrassing, and the upside is probably gone.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
19 Aug 2024 14:27
Tentua played guard a bit, not sure I saw him there before?
Yeah- I saw that too, was surprised to see all 6'8 of him lined up at OG. They probably want some tape on him there as they decide who to keep and develop further. Previously, Tenuta was listed as RT-only and that's a tough one if you're a back up on a team that values versatility so highly
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Came across some clips and breakdown of Monk's work vs Denver

IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I still think Tom should be our LT but ya know, I guess who cares.

The best, most athletic OL should pay the most valuable position and while it's evened out, that's still LT.

Walker is a fine LT but Tom is aa stud.

Also, seems like Rhyan is getting more snaps and really thriving in the run part of our game this year. Looks like he's the poorest pass blocker of the unit. Will be interesting to see how that weird G rotation thing develops as we move forward.

Also, three OL puked yesterday? I know it was 85 degrees, but like, was there a virus going around? What's the deal?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Sep 2024 13:49

Also, three OL puked yesterday? I know it was 85 degrees, but like, was there a virus going around? What's the deal?
It was 85 degrees and the Packers offense was on the field a LOT.

At halftime the Time of Possession:

Packers: 23:05
Colts: 6:55

Total Game:

Packers: 40:11
Colts: 19:49

So the Packers Oline (besides Rhyan) played every one of those snaps.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It's most likely excessive water consumption. I see it on hot days at the HS level as well.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Sep 2024 14:15
It's most likely excessive water consumption. I see it on hot days at the HS level as well.
You'd think they would be supplementing electrolytes to counteract that.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
16 Sep 2024 14:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
Not excessive water consumption in the sense that it could hurt or kill them.
It's just being overly full on liquids and then exerting so much the liquids come up.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Happened all the time when I was in basic. First day I drank so much water so fast because Texas is hot as &%$@ in the summer and I was making myself nauseous when we had to run.

When I was graduating a newer flight had some girl end up puking water all over this other girl in front of her. It was hilarious.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Sep 2024 15:08
NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Happened all the time when I was in basic. First day I drank so much water so fast because Texas is hot as &%$@ in the summer and I was making myself nauseous when we had to run.

When I was graduating a newer flight had some girl end up puking water all over this other girl in front of her. It was hilarious.
I threw up during the Army’s Day Zero Air Assault School 3-mile boot run for that very reason. Fort Campbell is hot as balls in the summer and humid, to boot. Finished the confidence course a little early and drank too much water. About halfway through the boot run I started feeling nauseous and I had to fall back out of formation. Air Assault instructor barking in my ear to get my ass back in formation, I threw up all over the side of the road. Felt better, recovered, and finished with the formation. Got kudos from the instructor for pushing through it. :aok:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
16 Sep 2024 15:56
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:

I threw up during the Army’s Day Zero Air Assault School 3-mile boot run for that very reason. Fort Campbell is hot as balls in the summer and humid, to boot. Finished the confidence course a little early and drank too much water. About halfway through the boot run I started feeling nauseous and I had to fall back out of formation. Air Assault instructor barking in my ear to get my ass back in formation, I threw up all over the side of the road. Felt better, recovered, and finished with the formation. Got kudos from the instructor for pushing through it. :aok:
Tried that during a half-marathon in the sun. Didn't end up puking, but it sure was close. Body says thirst, and mind goes "I'm sweating so much, I need to hydrate", but neither knows what's actually best for you. Takes a lot of training and self-discipline to get over that.

I bet the Oline is in for some puke-ball shenanigans in the coming weeks for camaraderie. I sense a Nickelodeon goo tie-in coming up...

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
16 Sep 2024 15:56
lupedafiasco wrote:

Ok, military training is different, though. They intentionally work you until someone throws up. At least my drill sergeants did. You get so comfortable throwing up we had competitions every night our last week in afghanistan to see who could make it through the most Rip-Its without puking.

Anyway, I hope the OL is feeling well and ready to move the Titans off the ball like they did the Colts.