All Remaining TCs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Way better report here

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPacker ... _aug_20th/

One comment I noted from La Fleur

“Devonte Wyatt has really excelled in this scheme”

IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Wyatt has looked the same to me so far in the little I’ve seen him play and practice. Super disruptive and still struggles to finish the way.

Still a ton of value in him getting in the backfield and forcing a QB off his spot or to throw early but if he could finish and tackle we are talking pro bowl caliber and probably one of the best pass rushers at DT in the league.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

As of yesterday:
Screenshot_20240821-192538.png
Screenshot_20240821-192538.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 859 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Joseph fading. Hopefully Gute is looking hard at possible cuts.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Seems like the joint practice is going MUCH better than with the Broncos. I wonder if being home helps. Interesting comment from MLF in a presser: someone asked him if he thought pre-determining and telling the starters they weren't going to play in the game inadvertently lowered the intensity of the practice and MLF was very non-committal but open to that as a possibility. (He also said that after watching the tape of the Broncos game, he feels he was incorrect when speaking out after the game about their lack of effort and grit. Pointed out that even at the end of the game there were ten guys around the ball on defense at the tackle)

But he hinted that he was undecided about who would/wouldn't play in the final preseason game and that it might be determined in part by how practice goes. So a better display today may be the results of a different approach to the coaching.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I absolutely love that the missed FG in practice today was from Justin Tucker :lol:

(I mean, from 62, sure)

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Carlson has swung himself back into 1st place. I still think its a massive mistake to go forward with him but you just cant make Jospeh the guy at this point. Multiple teams have given up on him and he is in a funk right now despite taking the lead in the competition.

Evan Williams with yet another turnover play. Not sure how he doesnt play significant snaps throughout the season. He needs to be on the field. Hes a guy who just has a knack for being around the ball and making plays.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Another in depth TC report via Reddit, tons of details on today's joint practice

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPacker ... _aug_22nd/
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Aug 2024 13:53
Carlson has swung himself back into 1st place. I still think its a massive mistake to go forward with him but you just cant make Jospeh the guy at this point. Multiple teams have given up on him and he is in a funk right now despite taking the lead in the competition.
Yeah, I think Joseph had the job pretty well sewn up and has &%$@ the bed the past two weeks. Carlson wins by default pretty much.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's another TC report, this time from Rob Reischel via Forbes. Note: Reischel has links at the bottom to all of his TC write-ups in one spot

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robreische ... he-ravens/

Anders is getting better as camp rolls on, hoping he is settling in on his stroke and the precise mechanics of the snap/hold.
They were trying a few different things in TC with his "approach" - so getting it all down pat takes some time
Bisaccia got Anders brother Daniel into the 90% range on FGs, hoping he can do the same for our Carlson who is hitting at 83% this week
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

So tired of hearing about how there is always a lack of energy with this team when they go out West.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
22 Aug 2024 14:28
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Aug 2024 13:53
Yeah, I think Joseph had the job pretty well sewn up and has &%$@ the bed the past two weeks. Carlson wins by default pretty much.
Neither are the answer.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

In all seriousness I’m pretty sure Carlson has been downright good for like three weeks now. He has a 2-day span where he missed 5 kicks and I don’t think he’s missed more than one in any given day since. The total tallies kind of obscure that

What i care about improving from last year most is XPs. But we don’t get those in camp. That was unacceptable. His FGs were like, below average but whatever he was a rookie.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Aug 2024 19:26
As of yesterday:
Screenshot_20240821-192538.png
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BSA wrote:
22 Aug 2024 13:58
Another in depth TC report via Reddit, tons of details on today's joint practice

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPacker ... _aug_22nd/
Coach Lafleur:

Says Rasheed Walker is really starting to pick up on the detail, helping him grow at the LT position. LaFleur adds that he has a high ceiling.

I'll be eating some crow with Walker it seems, sounds like I under estimated him, I hate crow :rotf:

Thanks for sharing :aok:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Ol in pass pro was stellar yet again. Run game meh.

DL kicked ass yet again.

Slow start for the O but looks like they got hot and GB won the day pretty easy. Nice turn around from last week.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Aug 2024 16:02
In all seriousness I’m pretty sure Carlson has been downright good for like three weeks now. He has a 2-day span where he missed 5 kicks and I don’t think he’s missed more than one in any given day since. The total tallies kind of obscure that

What i care about improving from last year most is XPs. But we don’t get those in camp. That was unacceptable. His FGs were like, below average but whatever he was a rookie.
Ok I checked. Carlson went 4/7 the Thursday before family night spawning the kicker panic level to spike.

For all of camp and preseason, Carlson is 59 of 72, 81.9%
Starting 3 weeks ago at Family Night, Carlson is 34 of 41, 82.9%
Starting 2 weeks ago against the Browns, Carlson is 16 of 19, 84.2%

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Beautiful weather today at Training Camp in Titletown. And happy to report that Bogey appears to be in mid-season form doing his Fan Assistance duties. The receivers looked great all day. Love looks ready to go. Huge crowd today ............. hard to keep track of everything. Fans are upbeat and ready to get this party started. Won't be long now (2 more weeks until Brazil)

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Aug 2024 20:25
Ok I checked. Carlson went 4/7 the Thursday before family night spawning the kicker panic level to spike.

For all of camp and preseason, Carlson is 59 of 72, 81.9%
Starting 3 weeks ago at Family Night, Carlson is 34 of 41, 82.9%
Starting 2 weeks ago against the Browns, Carlson is 16 of 19, 84.2%
HUGE thanks for doing the legwork on this, greatly appreciated
Draft & Develop includes kickers and the Packers have been rewarded in the past for showing some patience as these guys learn the pro game

When a college kicker gets to the NFL, the first thing the ST coach tells him is that he needs to shave 0.5 seconds off his approach.
NFL rushers just get there faster. And when you ask a place kicker to speed up their approach, it impacts everything about their stride and stroke

There's tons of stories of heralded college kickers getting drafted and flaming out with their first NFL team, only to see success and consistency on their next NFL stop. It takes time.

I'm always amazed when fans of the incredibly patient Packers, get impatient.

Actually, no I'm not. :mrgreen:
IT. IS. TIME