Packers @ Eagles GDT: Friday, Sept. 6th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Eagles GDT: Friday, Sept. 6th, 7:15 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles :eagles:
Friday, September 6th, 7:15 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers +3
Over/Under: 48.5

Stadium

Corinthians Arena

Injury Report
image.png
image.png (44.63 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Broadcast (Peacock)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=1
Noah Eagle, Todd Blackledge

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... eek-1-2024
The Green Bay Packers will travel to Brazil to take on the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday, Sept. 6, at Corinthians Arena in São Paulo.

It is the sixth straight year and the 10th time in the last 12 seasons that Green Bay has started the season as the road team. Green Bay is the only team in the NFL to open the season as the road team each of the last six years (2019-24). It is the first time over that span that it will be against a team outside the NFC North.
It is the first time in history that the NFL will play a regular-season game in South America and the first time the league has played a game on Friday night of its opening weekend in over 50 years, when the St. Louis Cardinals and Los Angeles Rams met on September 18, 1970.
Throughout the weekend, fans can visit NFL Experience – a free, three-day football fan festival at Parque Villa Lobos in São Paulo, kicking off with a watch party of the Packers-Eagles game on Friday night. Six NFL Shop presented by Visa retail locations will house exclusive game merchandise across São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, and local Brazilian artists will create NFL-themed murals across the host city.
On gameday, the NFL will highlight Brazil's vibrant culture and music scene with Brazilian superstar Anitta headlining the São Paulo game halftime show and local sensations Luísa Sonza, Zeeba and CAROLA performing for fans pregame. Local fans in São Paulo can close out the weekend with NFL RUN - a 5km race with a 2km recreational walk - on Sunday morning, followed by watch parties of Sunday afternoon NFL games at NFL Experience.
Weather
image.png
image.png (3.87 KiB) Viewed 1228 times

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Eagles 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Thanks for putting this together Pckfn23, greatly appreciated

Here's a game preview from Sharp Football- its a fantasy -based article, but tons of cool stats on both teams

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/f ... ibar-2024/

The Packers scored a touchdown on 95.0% (19-of-20) of their goal-to-go possessions in 2023, the highest rate for any team in the 2000s.

Over their final 10 games in 2023, Green Bay was fourth in the NFL in touchdown rate per drive (32.3%) and second in points per drive (2.71).

Green Bay allowed 2.8 sacks plus turnovers per game in 2023, the fewest in the league.

Philadelphia allowed opponents to convert 46.4% of their third downs (31st in the league).

The Eagles allowed a league-high 6.9 yards per play on third downs last season after allowing 5.1 yards per play on first and second downs (12th).

Green Bay had a 53.9% success rate per passing play on defense last season, 31st in the league.

The Eagles were 24th, with a 55.8% success rate defending the pass.
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Couple of links below to the Philly Inquirer and their takes on the game

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles- ... 40903.html

A new offensive scheme that revealed next to nothing during the preseason faces off against a new defensive scheme that revealed next to nothing during the preseason.

What happens next? This isn’t some gotcha riddle. The answer is: Who knows? What we do know is that Green Bay — mainly defensive tackle Kenny Clark — will give this new-look Eagles interior offensive line a good first test Friday night in São Paulo, Brazil.

“He’s a guy that could have a huge impact on this game,” new offensive coordinator Kellen Moore said. “We have awareness that they’ve invested a lot on that defense. They’ve done a tremendous job building the talent around that thing. It’s going to be a challenge for us.”

NEXT UP: A look at the Eagles historical collapse last year and what history says about their 2024 chances

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles- ... 40903.html

There's links in that story for a plethora of stories about the 2024 Eagles
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

38-13 in a laugher

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

peacock took there 4.95 a month for 4 months introductory offer down, now they want the full price of 7.95, I took it as I figured I would, every game is must see when your old :) , but I think I'am stuck with the first 4 months and then can cancel, streaming adds up, already have netflix and Amazon and spectrum cable, this game is going to cost me 32 bucks by the time I opt out of Peacock, heck I can get a pair of sheep lined house slippers for that molla :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm opting out of my Friday Night Billiards & Bourbon Night with the boys to watch this game without distractions. They better not disappoint....

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I have NFL plus premium

I do not and will not pay for peacock. The NFL thought I would, but I will not give them the pleasure.

I will enjoy my friday night at the local high school football game, ignore the phone and internet, and watch the replay first thing when I wake up on Saturday.

Hopefully this will make for a pleasant saturday morning
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Both teams are one of the best if they play up to their standard. Both teams can also clearly lay an egg.

This will be a very, very interesting game. Loads upon loads of talent on both sides of the ball for both teams and both teams are also going through new coordinators.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Thanks for the gdt! It appears the team is not fully healthy, especially at RB. Excited to see what Josh Jacobs can do.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Yoop wrote:
04 Sep 2024 07:53
peacock took there 4.95 a month for 4 months introductory offer down, now they want the full price of 7.95, I took it as I figured I would, every game is must see when your old :) , but I think I'am stuck with the first 4 months and then can cancel, streaming adds up, already have netflix and Amazon and spectrum cable, this game is going to cost me 32 bucks by the time I opt out of Peacock, heck I can get a pair of sheep lined house slippers for that molla :rotf:
If you paid the regular price, you should be able to cancel after one month.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

One thing in the Packers favor is that GB has the same QB/OC and same offense, whereas Hurts is on his 3rd offense and has a new OC
On top of that, the Eagles lost All- Pro Kelce at Center and he was the grizzled vet who had seen it all - and was responsible for all the line calls

Now that responsibility falls more on Hurts- and he hasn't had much time in this offense nor vs the Hafley style of defense. And to add one more wrinkle for Hurts- the reason the Eagles changed OCs is because their offense was stale and predictable and they used very little pre-snap motion or disguise. That will change under new OC Kellen Moore and so Hurts has to assimilate the change in timing & tempo due to the addition of motions/shifts to the new offense. Its a lot to take on

I'm sure Hurts will handle it all at some point, but I think GB catches them early on and that should be an advantage for the Packers defense
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I have some real concerns about the run defense for this one. I had really hoped Cooper would have been ready for this one. I think him and Quay make a good duo for defending running QBs.

I think McDuffie might be an option target for the Eagles. He doesnt have the athleticism and if he makes a false step the same way Quay and Cooper can make up for it.

Im very interested to see how these safeties play though. Even if they are middle of the league as a duo thats going from worst to average which will be huge for the entire front.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Eagles new offense vs. GB new defense

No idea how this plays out.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm excited about how all of our motion impacts their famously weak LB corps. They signed White to shore it up, but he's out this week. Now, their young guys could grow or take a jump, but man, we're a tough offense for inexperienced and sub-par LB play.

I can see run defense being a problem, certainly, given Hurts and Barkley and that OL combined with our DL being better as pass rushers than run defenders and our LBs also being inexperienced. But the answer to that is to keep scoring on every possession and force them to be one dimensional. That's a lot of pressure on an offense and offenses typically start slow, but this is such a stable cohesive unit with very little turnover and scheme consistency, so I think the passing game and whatever Jacobs has to offer for us are really going to be the key to elevating our chances this week.

Like GPG said: both teams have shown talent and a capacity for laying eggs. Anything could happen. Every outcome is on the table. Excited to get it underway

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Sep 2024 12:07
I can see run defense being a problem, certainly, given Hurts and Barkley and that OL combined with our DL being better as pass rushers than run defenders and our LBs also being inexperienced.
This will be quite the stiff test for Hafley's crew right out of the gate. And they get Richardson/Taylor next week.

By playing Cover-1 and Cover-3 with the added Safety in the box -Hafley is betting that gives his D a better chance at run stoppage.
We're about to find out. I'd also say that turning Quay loose could be a real boon in the run defense too.
Clark and TJ Slaton have both been pretty stout vs the run - I'll be interested to watch them penetrating up field, instead of screwing themselves into the ground as 2 gappers
IT. IS. TIME

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BSA wrote:
04 Sep 2024 11:04
One thing in the Packers favor is that GB has the same QB/OC and same offense, whereas Hurts is on his 3rd offense and has a new OC
On top of that, the Eagles lost All- Pro Kelce at Center and he was the grizzled vet who had seen it all - and was responsible for all the line calls

Now that responsibility falls more on Hurts- and he hasn't had much time in this offense nor vs the Hafley style of defense. And to add one more wrinkle for Hurts- the reason the Eagles changed OCs is because their offense was stale and predictable and they used very little pre-snap motion or disguise. That will change under new OC Kellen Moore and so Hurts has to assimilate the change in timing & tempo due to the addition of motions/shifts to the new offense. Its a lot to take on

I'm sure Hurts will handle it all at some point, but I think GB catches them early on and that should be an advantage for the Packers defense
This

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's the Packers flight AA9747 headed south, they just crossed over into the continent of South America

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL9747
image.png
image.png (288.24 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's Packers Wire with their comments on a couple of key matchups

Packers IOL vs Eagles brutes at DT will be a tough challenge

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... in-week-1/

Packers Interior OL vs Eagles DTs

Philadelphia can no longer rely on defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, who retired after 12 productive seasons. The Eagles aren’t expected to have much trouble replacing the future Hall of Famer with two former top-15 picks, Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter, waiting to take on larger roles. That means Elgton Jenkins, Josh Myers, and whoever starts right guard for the Packers –likely Sean Rhyan—will have their hands full. A two-time Pro Bowler, there isn’t much need to worry about Jenkins. However, the same can’t be said for Myers and Rhyan, who have a lot uncertainty surrounding them entering the new season. Myers needs to take the next step in his development and prove he can be the team’s long-term starter at center. Meanwhile, Rhyan might just be a placeholder for rookie Jordan Morgan until he is ready to take over. It all starts in the trenches, where Green Bay must have an answer for Philadelphia’s stud defensive tackles.
IT. IS. TIME