Packers @ Eagles GDT: Friday, Sept. 6th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The Packers prized FA addition, Xavier McKinney has gone up against the Eagles 8 times in his NFL career- that gives him some additional insight into the QB and WRs he will face on Friday. I'm quite curious to know how much time he spends deep vs in the box. I've seen several comments suggesting one or the other or both - and the one stat I did find put him at LOS on 56 % of the snaps while in NYG

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

To launch the 2024 season...are you kicking off or receiving if the Packers win the toss ?
The NFL completely revamped the KO rules, does that change your choice ?
Packers have a new kicker, does that impact your coin toss decisions ?

IT. IS. TIME

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

BSA wrote:
04 Sep 2024 16:29
To launch the 2024 season...are you kicking off or receiving if the Packers win the toss ?
For this game, take the ball, score first.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yeah, I'm going into this season thinking that our offense will be hard to match. Maybe it's in slow speed the first week or two. Yet, still better than previous Septembers. Can we score 30 coming out of the blocks? I would love to see it.

Play mistake free. No turnovers. Play the field position. Let Watson and Reed run free. Grind the clock.

Packers 31
Eagles 28
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Wheels down, almost 10 hour flight

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

New D (us) versus New O (them), early season favors defense. I also think MLF is a better coach than Sirriani (sp?). My main hang-up is our team is very delicate when it comes to long-distance travel. They come out flat in those games so often. I hate it!

I feel like this is going to be messy and decided by very few points. Hopefully it is us who come out on top. I am not gonna sweat it much if we do not win, though. So like, ... 31-28 Pack?

Football is BACK, baby!! :woohoo:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
I am 99.9% in favor of deferring. I understand the change up to take the ball first, at times, but deferring always seems like the best choice to me. The clock management at the end of the half to get the possible back-to-back possessions is so critical in determining the outcome of games.

New KO rules change nothing for me.

New kicker changes nothing for me.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
04 Sep 2024 16:11
One of many touchdowns in Brazil.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
05 Sep 2024 06:55
BSA wrote:
I am 99.9% in favor of deferring. I understand the change up to take the ball first, at times, but deferring always seems like the best choice to me. The clock management at the end of the half to get the possible back-to-back possessions is so critical in determining the outcome of games.

New KO rules change nothing for me.

New kicker changes nothing for me.
Analytics have proven time and time again it is better to defer. It gives you the ability to control the middle 8 minutes of a game which is another analytic that improves a teams chance to win.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 Sep 2024 09:32

Boy I hope he pans out, super likable guy. Have a feeling his attitude like that gunna carry a lot of gravity in that locker room.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

BF004 wrote:
05 Sep 2024 11:15
wallyuwl wrote:
05 Sep 2024 09:32

Boy I hope he pans out, super likable guy. Have a feeling his attitude like that gunna carry a lot of gravity in that locker room.
If the ball ever touches his hands then something has gone horribly wrong.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I'm having a hard time getting amped for this game because it is only on Peacock and I'm not forking over $$ this rime. :(

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pugger wrote:
05 Sep 2024 16:22
I'm having a hard time getting amped for this game because it is only on Peacock and I'm not forking over $$ this rime. :(
I think you can do a free trial. Otherwise $8 to watch the game. Cheaper than going to a bar.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The 2010 season started in Philly and ended the reg season in CHI
The 2024 season starts in Philly and ends the reg season in CHI

Packers then beat Philly and CHI in the playoffs on their way to winning Super Bowl XLV
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Personally I hate the whole Brazil thing. I think there is so much out of the ordinary in this game that it may not tell the truth about either team. Packers had a ten hour flight. They have a 2 hour drive to stadium when Philly is much closer. Gotta be careful to even wear green lol it’s a joke.

The greed and how far the nfl will go to make a dollar at the expense of its core fans never ceases to amaze. Philly fans deserve this home game. Might have been one of their biggest home games of the year.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the packers and the nfl has me in a choke hold too. I do my part to resist by not buying their crap on peacock and all the others. In the end, I’m just not sure what this game will say. I think it says very good things about the winner, I don’t think Il judge a loss too much. It’s week one, we didn’t play much preseason, and we are super young. A trip like this will be very strange and may distract from readiness. Will be awesome if it doesn’t, but it’s possible.

We either really put the world on notice about our 2024 campaign, or we lose and it won’t affect my views on the teams Super Bowl/playoff chances.

The only guy Il judge based on his wage is the highest paid qb…Mr Love.
Last edited by Drj820 on 05 Sep 2024 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
05 Sep 2024 16:26
Pugger wrote:
I think you can do a free trial. Otherwise $8 to watch the game. Cheaper than going to a bar.
Not necessarily
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
no more introductory offer Pugger, I paid 7.95, but can cancel after the game, so it's not to bad.

the introductory offer was 4.95, but you had to take it for 4 months, so full price is better since we can't cut ties with just one month.

Peacock is another streaming service I will hardly use, if a game comes up or something I want to see I don't mind just paying for 1 month service :aok:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
NFL app too
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!