Packers @ Eagles GDT: Friday, Sept. 6th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Find a friend who has Peacock and invite yourself over. Otherwise it’s the cost of 2 gallons of gas and you can watch all the Olympic events for a month.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
05 Sep 2024 17:17
Personally I hate the whole Brazil thing. I think there is so much out of the ordinary in this game that it may not tell the truth about either team. Packers had a ten hour flight. They have a 2 hour drive to stadium when Philly is much closer. Gotta be careful to even wear green lol it’s a joke.

The greed and how far the nfl will go to make a dollar at the expense of its core fans never ceases to amaze. Philly fans deserve this home game. Might have been one of their biggest home games of the year.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the packers and the nfl has me in a choke hold too. I do my part to resist by not buying their crap on peacock and all the others. In the end, I’m just not sure what this game will say. I think it says very good things about the winner, I don’t think Il judge a loss too much. It’s week one, we didn’t play much preseason, and we are super young. A trip like this will be very strange and may distract from readiness. Will be awesome if it doesn’t, but it’s possible.

We either really put the world on notice about our 2024 campaign, or we lose and it won’t affect my views on the teams Super Bowl/playoff chances.

The only guy Il judge based on his wage is the highest paid qb…Mr Love.
If 2023 taught us anything at all, don't judge by the first two months of the season. The Packers were AWFUL in September and much of October last year. But look how they came out of that. I was ready to fire MLF before midseason. But once they got into the playoffs, I would've considered him HCOY.

They sure better start out better this season, especially on D and our passing game. If Eagles get a bunch of third and shorts, that'll be bad for us.

This'll be a fun game either way. Eagles coaches are not conventional guys too much. They like to take risks and follow unconventional wisdom. And the Pack pulls out a brain scratcher every now and then too.

On a side, I'm hoping that Love starts hitting his sideline and backshoulder routes sooner than later. That would speak a lot to the chemistry he has with the WRs. I can see Doubs doing a lot of the sideline stuff like Jordy used to. Jordy was 150% the best at that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

If Hafley has the guts to Safety blitz 3 or 4 times to mess with their Offensive Coordinator.....that should be an interesting difference maker.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lake shark wrote:
05 Sep 2024 17:37
Find a friend who has Peacock and invite yourself over. Otherwise it’s the cost of 2 gallons of gas and you can watch all the Olympic events for a month.
For me, it’s a matter of principal. How many times will they get you to say “well it’s just two gallons of gas”, they demand that out of us all the time while we still pay for cable and watch their commercials.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Acrobat wrote:
05 Sep 2024 16:26
Pugger wrote:
05 Sep 2024 16:22
I'm having a hard time getting amped for this game because it is only on Peacock and I'm not forking over $$ this rime. :(
I think you can do a free trial. Otherwise $8 to watch the game. Cheaper than going to a bar.
Even if we did a free trial in the past?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just throwing it out there, peacock it one of the best streaming services, and cheaper than Netflix and Hulu and the lot. I watch it all the time.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
05 Sep 2024 17:26
Pugger wrote:
05 Sep 2024 16:22
I'm having a hard time getting amped for this game because it is only on Peacock and I'm not forking over $$ this rime. :(
no more introductory offer Pugger, I paid 7.95, but can cancel after the game, so it's not to bad.

the introductory offer was 4.95, but you had to take it for 4 months, so full price is better since we can't cut ties with just one month.

Peacock is another streaming service I will hardly use, if a game comes up or something I want to see I don't mind just paying for 1 month service :aok:
As Drj said - I hate this having regular season games outside of the USA. We purchased MLB Extra Innings to watch Brewer games down here but if the game is on You Tube or Apple TV we are screwed. Now the NFL is doing it again. I love my Packers but enough is enough. I'll watch highlights later. :?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gameday!!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
05 Sep 2024 20:46
Just throwing it out there, peacock it one of the best streaming services, and cheaper than Netflix and Hulu and the lot. I watch it all the time.
I have Amazon prime for the shopping convenience, delivery, and it includes streaming, however the free to watch movie list is short and I have to pay for everything else I watch, Maybe I'll investigate Peacock more before canceling, I dropped Hulu, and netfilx has jumped the monthly rate to 18.00 per month, ouch

I'am home and watch more TV now then ever, movies mostly, commercial free of course, (if I want to watch commercials I turn on a football game :rotf:)

my monthly TV bill including internet and streaming is more then my first house monthly payment 50 years ago, the cost of being a couch potato has really gone up :rotf:

come on Packa's make my investment to watch exciting as well as fulfilling. :aok:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Drj820 wrote:
05 Sep 2024 18:39
lake shark wrote:
05 Sep 2024 17:37
For me, it’s a matter of principal. How many times will they get you to say “well it’s just two gallons of gas”, they demand that out of us all the time while we still pay for cable and watch their commercials.
I agree cable subscribers are getting fleeced and should not be for what they pay. Another reason to drop cable and just stream what you want to watch when you want. Almost everything worth watching is streamable now.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Gahh, I can't wait. 9 hours to go.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Won't see a down of live action... Stupid NFL on Friday.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Smoker is a smoking. Already shutdown work for the week. Quick workout and it's on!!!

I feel GB rolls in this game. Philly has a lot of ?s. New coordinators. A QB and hc that can't stand each other. A weak lb and db team GB should exploit. Limit the big plays and get after hurts (he sucks under pressure)

34-17. GPG

:beer2:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

The Eagles D is going to be good. They have a great DL and secondary. Sorry but WR Smith is going to be a problem for Stokes. Still Im looking forward to the Packers D containing Barkley and pressuring Hurts, J Love finding some open reads and seeing what Josh Jacobs has. Go Pack go!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Call. In. Sick. @Pckfn23

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Sirianni is trash. I think we win this comfortably. Eagles are talented but need to start over with the coaching staff.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So wholesome.

Read More. Post Less.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

BSA wrote:
05 Sep 2024 16:57
The 2010 season started in Philly and ended the reg season in CHI
The 2024 season starts in Philly and ends the reg season in CHI

Packers then beat Philly and CHI in the playoffs on their way to winning Super Bowl XLV
The final game against CHI in the regular season was played at Lambeau Field. The crowd knew what was at stake and definitely got Lambeau loud in a relatively close game.

This year too the final game will be at home against da Bears.
GO PACK GO!!!