Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Sep 2024 23:01
Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 22:50
Told you I would bring it back.

PPG by the Packer's defense.
18 or less 13 or 14 wins
19-20 10 to 12 wins
21-22 8 to 9 wins
23 plus. losing season.
In a vacuum it holds no significance.
Yup. What Love does means less than what the defense does.

Come back to this at the end of the year and we shall see how off I am.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 23:04
Pckfn23 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 22:50
Told you I would bring it back.

PPG by the Packer's defense.
18 or less 13 or 14 wins
19-20 10 to 12 wins
21-22 8 to 9 wins
23 plus. losing season.

Love 110+ QB rating - 13+ wins
Love 105-109.9 - 10 to 12 wins
Love 100-104.9 - 8 to 9 wins
Love - less than 100 - losing season

Look, I can play that game too!!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Sep 2024 23:14

IT. IS. TIME

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BSA wrote:
03 Sep 2024 23:22
Pckfn23 wrote:

Classic. Some may not get it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My favorite part of this is that Raptor is arguing that Jordan Love might not be very good and that having a good QB isn’t that important and he’s so obsessed with Packers success that he associates the counterpoints to those varieties with arrogant Packers fans who can’t accept opinions of non Packers fans.

That is some powerful inferiority complex psychology at play. Sorry the ten times the Vikings have had a top-8 defense since Favre took over have resulted in zero super bowls, but that’s not a packers fan thing, man.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 16:24
Yoop wrote:
03 Sep 2024 13:05
Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 09:18

Oh don't worry, it's coming back.

this seems like a repeat of the debunked line that defenses win championships, when in reality the defense only needs to not lose the game, whomever has the most points wins championships, a defense rarely accumulate enough points to win any game

why come hear to trash our QB? why even entertain comments negative about yours, it's not as though you've had any worth actually bragging about :thwap:
to rap this, there isn't a scout or GM in this league who doesn't have Love ranked top half of league starters, some top 10, others top 5 to 7,.
sad that you lost McCarthy, but it's no reason for smack talk about Love, we did everything right bringing along LOve, and he's playing that way.
Who debunked it? Name 10 teams that won a Super Bowl without a top-10 defense. The Packers never have. Every one one of their Championships was with a top 4 or better defense. But, yeah, it's debunked.
so then for a team to win a SB it needs to have a defense in the top 1/3rd of the league, I have no issue with that, however it also has to have a top 5 or so offense.

your so stuck in pre 1990 when defenses actually did win championships, but since the live ball era no team goes to the SB without a power house offense, offenses that score at will by passing, or control the clock running, and defenses that can simply not allow scoring late in the games.

teams that can score in 2 or 3 plays destroy great defenses every week in this league, we all watched Brady, Rodgers, Bree's etc. blow up defenses that where ranked top 10 on a weekly basis.

when a new GM comes on board his number one priority (should be) is to be able to score points, it sure as heck isn't to build a defense :thwap: , defense is twice as hard to build as offense, that GM wants a great QB and skill position players to compliment that QB, a blind side protector so that QB can stay up right, a RB so he has clock control, defense comes after all that, heck GM's will even trade draft slots from a quality defender to a WR to accomplish getting points, points are what matter, I think maybe you lost sight of that. :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

For the record, I have a superhero underwear usage profile that I can share that directly relates to win/loss success. #foolproof

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 22:35
Labrev wrote:
03 Sep 2024 21:09
Viqueens QBs are always &%$@ so he needs to cope by diminishing the value of the players and of the position.
Ah yes, other fans can't have opinions that don't coincide with what Packers fans say. Packer fans know football better than any other fans. An old BS line. Yet, Packer fans have no problem diminishing the QB's of teams in their division whenever they can. After all, no way the Vikings could ever have a good QB. Doesn't matter how good they are, they suck. Because, well they are on the Vikings.
I didn't say anything about having opinions different from our fans, knowing better, or Viqueens fans in general.

I said that *your* takes about QBs are just copium for the fact that your team never has any good ones.

I'm sure there are Minny fans out there who don't subscribe to this nonsense though.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Just 3 KOs into the season I think kicking it just into the EZ might be the play.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Sep 2024 20:10
Just 3 KOs into the season I think kicking it just into the EZ might be the play.
Been my take the whole time

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
So then next year they bump the automatic spot up to the 35 yd line? I just can't see the league content with everybody just kicking touchbacks.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yeah I dont care what anyone says. So far Caleb Williams looks like Baker Mayfield to me. Like hes fine but thats not a franchise QB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
06 Sep 2024 06:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
So then next year they bump the automatic spot up to the 35 yd line? I just can't see the league content with everybody just kicking touchbacks.
That was the initial rule wasnt it? Then they changed it to the 30 because the 35 made it too easy to score.

I think all this &%$@ is dumb. The league needs to accept this is a physical and violent sport and the players are paid handsomely for it. They neutered kickoffs to where its unbearable to watch. Its been prime beer and !@#$ time for me the last 20 years. You cant hit a QB anymore even though half the league now are athletic QBs that leave the pocket in .5 seconds. For whatever reason a player on a football field can be considered defenseless despite rule #1 is to protect yourself at all times (not to mention the QBs should be protecting their receivers.)

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Sep 2024 10:45
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
That was the initial rule wasnt it? Then they changed it to the 30 because the 35 made it too easy to score.

I think all this &%$@ is dumb. The league needs to accept this is a physical and violent sport and the players are paid handsomely for it. They neutered kickoffs to where its unbearable to watch. Its been prime beer and !@#$ time for me the last 20 years. You cant hit a QB anymore even though half the league now are athletic QBs that leave the pocket in .5 seconds. For whatever reason a player on a football field can be considered defenseless despite rule #1 is to protect yourself at all times (not to mention the QBs should be protecting their receivers.)
The thing is, it is the low paid players with usually short careers that play on the ST units. So they are risking their health for not a lot of money. I think the new rules are fine, except there needs to be something done so the average starting point for the offense isn't the 30-32 on returns. Maybe just move where the players are lined up another 5 yards toward the endzone.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Sep 2024 10:34
Yeah I dont care what anyone says. So far Caleb Williams looks like Baker Mayfield to me. Like hes fine but thats not a franchise QB.
It's to early to tell, let him build some chemistry with receivers and schemes, a lot of football people, that know this stuff, say he's the best prospect to come out in years, I wouldn't discount there opinions just yet, the pro game is so much faster then college, and QB is such a mental position, however there is no time to think much once the ball is snapped, we know muscle memory takes time to develop, it's the same with the mental part, I think Williams will rejuvenate the Packers/Bears rivalry of years past, jmo

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 Sep 2024 10:50
lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Sep 2024 10:45
APB wrote:

The thing is, it is the low paid players with usually short careers that play on the ST units. So they are risking their health for not a lot of money. I think the new rules are fine, except there needs to be something done so the average starting point for the offense isn't the 30-32 on returns. Maybe just move where the players are lined up another 5 yards toward the endzone.
Not a lot of money my ass. Especially now. Theyve got their NIL money, their degree, and make hundreds of thousands a year. No sympathy from me. Pick a different profession then.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
06 Sep 2024 10:57
lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Sep 2024 10:34
It's to early to tell, let him build some chemistry with receivers and schemes, a lot of football people, that know this stuff, say he's the best prospect to come out in years, I wouldn't discount there opinions just yet, the pro game is so much faster then college, and QB is such a mental position, however there is no time to think much once the ball is snapped, we know muscle memory takes time to develop, it's the same with the mental part, I think Williams will rejuvenate the Packers/Bears rivalry of years past, jmo
Trevor Lawrence was also the best QB prospect to come out in years. That doesnt always make it the end all be all. I think Caleb has a lot not going for him. Number one being hes small.