Packers @ Eagles GDT: Friday, Sept. 6th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Big stop here! Go Pack Go!

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I’d like this more with less slips and less missed tackles

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Just cant give up a td

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Nixon! nice sack.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Some positives on D, especially defending the QB out of the pocket, but 3rd down has been a big problem.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Reed the obvious player of the half. Player I’m most disappointed with is Jaire. Gotta be way more physical.

Overall we should be dominating this game but a lot of sloppy play and missed execution on offense. Expected coming out of the preseason with so little snaps played. I agree with the decision not to play much offense because a season ending injury costs more than 1 loss. Still players need to go out and play.

Really disappointing to see us defer. In my opinion anyone who defers is an idiot and you can’t change my mind of that. Analytically it’s proven the best option is to defer and try to win the middle 8 which sets you up for a lead going into the 4th which is like a 75ish % chance to win.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Running game.

Josh Jacobs 6 carries for 4 yards isn't going to work. That needs to be much better.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I'm trying to be happy with our D in the first half. Need to remember that Hurts is a good QB. And they do have weapons. I'll take yielding 17 to them in a half anytime, especially with the slips that we've had. (More than the EAgles I think.)

Our O is playing confident ball. Big plays. Maybe we've gotten past the larger part of stupid plays and can get a roll now. 19 points is fine for the first half, after that many mistakes. I could gripe and say it should be 24 points. But I'm not.

I'll take a 2 point lead at halftime any day of the week here.

If everybody has longer cleats in the second half, I actuallly like our odds more. They have more strength up front. But we are faster. And we are already finding gaps.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Too many penalties, too many missed tackles, too many slips. Anybody's game second half. Win or lose I do not know how much we can evaluate in this game given all the variables.

Dare I say our special teams are doing good.
Last edited by kampmanfan4life on 06 Sep 2024 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

MY_TAKE wrote:
06 Sep 2024 20:57
Running game.

Josh Jacobs 6 carries for 4 yards isn't going to work. That needs to be much better.
Give it to Wilson more!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Scott4Pack wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:
Running game.

Give it to Wilson more!
Jacobs looks like AJ Dillon out there

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:
Running game.

Give it to Wilson more!
I’be been saying for a while now. Running backs really don’t matter. Hated paying Jones. Hated paying Jacobs even though I think he will be good here. You can just grab any old RB and everything will be fine.

Karen Williams, Breece Hall, Isaiah Pacheco (from my HS and College), and more but I’m drunk. You don’t need to invest in this position. It’s no different than fantasy. You go with volume. Draft some late, go with a ton of undrafted and figure it out in camp against the pros. We have seen time and time again that late round backs are damn near as good as the early round backs minus some big play ability.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Papa, check your PMs. :aok:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Okay. I’m home from high school football and was given a peacock login. I will now tune in guilt free as I did not support the endeavor.

After a scan through first half dvr I see a field that sucks. Unreal the nfl plays on crap fields overseas.

The offense looks like an offense that played no preseason
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Sep 2024 21:06
Okay. I’m home from high school football and was given a peacock login. I will now tune in guilt free as I did not support the endeavor.

After a scan through first half dvr I see a field that sucks. Unreal the nfl plays on crap fields overseas.

The offense looks like an offense that played no preseason
Well they'll play on that parking lot, soldier field so they figure what's the difference.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jaire got cooked
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Sep 2024 21:09
Jaire got cooked
He sucks tonight
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Well that sucked

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

We're officially back boys, jaire running his stupid mouth while he consistently gets cooked

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Not sure why the move is to put Ja on Brown. He should be on Smith where he has a better physical matchup and you double Brown and you figure it out from there.

Why are coaches so $%@# stupid?