General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
15 Sep 2020 18:32
BF004 wrote:
15 Sep 2020 16:51
Well &%$@, I'm going to have to start watching the Pat McAfee show, that was a fun segment with Aaron.

And if anyone has ever watched the Divergent movies, AJ Hawk now looks like that bad guy from that series. :lol:
Yup he is doing them every Tuesday. :rotf:

AJ Hawk is hilarious on that show too.
He just took over the 12-3 slot on mad dog sports radio. Lots of mixed reactions with that from the hardcore fans of the channel bc they are known to be hardcore sports, while ESPN and others let people like lebatard ham around and talk about what they want.

So far I’ve thoughts he’s had lots of good interviews and the show is entertaining. Rodgers calls him the Howard stern of sports radio :rotf:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
15 Sep 2020 16:51
Well &%$@, I'm going to have to start watching the Pat McAfee show, that was a fun segment with Aaron.

And if anyone has ever watched the Divergent movies, AJ Hawk now looks like that bad guy from that series. :lol:

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

LoL, beat me to it.

Had the pics up but dealing with jerk kids bedtimes

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
15 Sep 2020 21:28
The NFL hates us. Jennings sucks.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

EQ placed on IR! We will wait a bit longer to see if this draft pick can develop into some useful fruit.

I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was getting worried when he worked his way up to LP and then went to DNP two days in a row.

Notice how they put EQ on IR but not Taylor. I am hoping it's because they think EQ will be back in a month or so and want that IR clock to start ticking as quickly as possible.

Whereas for Taylor, we know he has zero shot so they will just IR him when they need to sign someone else on the roster.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
18 Sep 2020 21:06
BF004 wrote:
I liked him last week. There are way worse.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Sep 2020 17:51
paco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
I didn't like him. But didn't hate him either. I've gotten quite good at tuning out most announcers though.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
paco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
I didn't like him. But didn't hate him either. I've gotten quite good at tuning out most announcers though.
RIP JustJeff

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

paco wrote:
19 Sep 2020 22:47
lupedafiasco wrote:
paco wrote:
I find that most of the crews have more negatives than positives, so I generally watch games with the sound off. I'll turn up the volume when something specific is happening where I need more details, but that is pretty much it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Mazrimiv wrote:
20 Sep 2020 08:47
paco wrote:
19 Sep 2020 22:47
lupedafiasco wrote:

I find that most of the crews have more negatives than positives, so I generally watch games with the sound off. I'll turn up the volume when something specific is happening where I need more details, but that is pretty much it.
How do you honestly watch that? I need the experience of the sounds from the crowd, players etc. I basically take nothing from the announcers but I still need the sound.

What I wish I could do is sync the radio call with my TV. But that is really hard to get just right. If not impossible.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2020 08:50
Mazrimiv wrote:
How do you honestly watch that? I need the experience of the sounds from the crowd, players etc. I basically take nothing from the announcers but I still need the sound.

What I wish I could do is sync the radio call with my TV. But that is really hard to get just right. If not impossible.
I think I grew used to it after years of watching GB games in Florida at sports bars in the late 90's where it was more or less impossible to hear the game unless it was the primary game being shown on the main screen. Now I find the announcing crews to be more distracting than anything. They (very) rarely have anything useful to say.

I am usually online posting somewhere during the game, so I don't need the jibber-jabber of the announcers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Mazrimiv wrote:
20 Sep 2020 10:02
go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2020 08:50
Mazrimiv wrote:

I think I grew used to it after years of watching GB games in Florida at sports bars in the late 90's where it was more or less impossible to hear the game unless it was the primary game being shown on the main screen. Now I find the announcing crews to be more distracting than anything. They (very) rarely have anything useful to say.

I am usually online posting somewhere during the game, so I don't need the jibber-jabber of the announcers.
Yeah and honestly I do have the announcers a break for this. It was a lot easier to announce in the 90s and early/mid 2000's because the fans just didn't have the information. The announcers were the gateway to that information.

Now we have all the information at our finger tips. I mean I think it has to be really hard to be a national media guy because they can't know anything in depth and we as fans know it. We even know injury information before the sideline report can report it.

So color guys just offer little value unless you are a Tony Romo who is simply an absolute genius at explaining and educating the game.
Yoop wrote:

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2020 10:34
Yeah and honestly I do have the announcers a break for this. It was a lot easier to announce in the 90s and early/mid 2000's because the fans just didn't have the information. The announcers were the gateway to that information.

Now we have all the information at our finger tips. I mean I think it has to be really hard to be a national media guy because they can't know anything in depth and we as fans know it. We even know injury information before the sideline report can report it.

So color guys just offer little value unless you are a Tony Romo who is simply an absolute genius at explaining and educating the game.
Once fans started raving about him, Romo has been the sole exception to my "no sound" rule over the past couple seasons. He has been worth listening to.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

That's an easy bet on the Pack.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2020 08:19
Any idea whether the books have moved away from the traditional 3-point home field advantage?

With no crowd noise, the only advantage really is the lack of travel.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
21 Sep 2020 09:09
Any idea whether the books have moved away from the traditional 3-point home field advantage?

With no crowd noise, the only advantage really is the lack of travel.
The Ringer NFL Podcast where Bill Simmons and his buddy guess what the lines will be each Monday and then compare it to the reality... it will likely provide some insight there. They really chitchat about how the lines are constructed and week one, they did question if the 3-point home field tilt makes sense or if they'll start to get adjusted. I haven't listened to today's yet, but if you're wondering about line construction, it might shed some insight and is usually entertaining.