Jordan Love's Status

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Sep 2024 09:22
go pak go wrote:
08 Sep 2024 07:44
MY_TAKE wrote:
07 Sep 2024 23:39
One things seems to be true for sure. Were going to find out just how good, on the fly, of an offensive coach Matt Lafleur and staff really is/are.
Don't we honestly know that by now? I think we can anoint Matt as a great coach whether he is successful here or not.
What kool aid you be drinkin GPG? Without an NFC belt he ain't nuttin' yet but a prissy wannabee.
wow, the niners have lost the NFC championship 9 times, we've lost it 6 times.

I know your only concerned with Lafleur, and I get that you don't think he's a very good HC :dunno: , probably better OC, but imo he isn't the reason we didn't win a NFC title, our defense can't secure a lead, below average #2, 3, and 4 receivers, below average TE's, and very average run blocking, those are huge obstacles to over come, specially when against the best teams in the conference, Rodgers/Lafleur can't over come every short coming. :nono: :)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Sep 2024 10:04
Drj820 wrote:
08 Sep 2024 08:35
go pak go wrote:

Don't we honestly know that by now? I think we can anoint Matt as a great coach whether he is successful here or not.
The thing we know about Matt Lafleur is he is NOT a “great coach” yet in his career.

Sure, he has a great record. He’s had marginal playoff success. But he has lost multiple games he should have won in the playoffs, and the team just comes out completely not ready to play at least twice a year. “Great” coaches don’t just come out and lay eggs and LOOK so poorly coached so often.

Many will misconstrue my words and say I hate Lafleur. I don’t. I think he’s a good coach! But great coaches don’t lay so many eggs.
So when you said last year that Matt needs to prove it by developing and winning with a QB not named Rodgers you didn't really mean it and just moved the goal post then.

Or are we getting down to wordage of "great" vs "good" vs "excellent", etc.
???

This is definitely an issue of “words”

I see a difference in “good” and “great”

Good wins games. Good stats employed. You are in a fine spot as an org if you have a good coach!

But…

Great wins conference titles. Great has command of all three phases as all three phases appear competent whether ST, D, or O. Great wins games it’s supposed to. Great uses timeouts wisely and not all of them in the 1st quarter.

You see my point…
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Sep 2024 12:11
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

What kool aid you be drinkin GPG? Without an NFC belt he ain't nuttin' yet but a prissy wannabee.

I know your only concerned with Lafleur, and I get that you don't think he's a very good HC :dunno: , probably better OC, but imo he isn't the reason we didn't win a NFC title, our defense can't secure a lead, below average #2, 3, and 4 receivers, below average TE's, and very average run blocking, those are huge obstacles to over come, specially when against the best teams in the conference, Rodgers/Lafleur can't over come every short coming. :nono: :)
Kicking the FG in Tampa as he took the ball out of Rodgers hands and put it in Brady’s hands…that was kind of egregious from Lafleur
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Sep 2024 12:39
Yoop wrote:
08 Sep 2024 12:11
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Kicking the FG in Tampa as he took the ball out of Rodgers hands and put it in Brady’s hands…that was kind of egregious from Lafleur
you can second guess coaching till hell freezes over, all make decisions that when they work there hero's, when they fail they get the blame, if he didn't kick the FG and Rodgers failed, then he would have been blamed for that decision too.

I blame him for sticking and being overly loyal with assistants, I even understand that in the sense that change never guarantee's success, and he doesn't control the purse strings, so making coaching changes is also dependent on Guty and Murphy going along with it.

again, I think he needs to play the starters more in PS games, versus using the first couple games of the season for them to build chemistry, jmo.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Kicking a FG against Tampa is one of the top tier most retarded decisions in coaching history. Probably still lose honestly because it’s Brady and it would have been something like 4th and 8. Still you take your shot to tie over trying to force a 3 and out.

I know a lot of people have tried to prop this up like “he gave them a chance to win.” &%$@. That was was $%@# stupid.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think he misses 2 weeks. We had a Friday game so there’s slightly more recovery time. It’s a position not expected to have to rely on their athleticism. If it’s between a grade 1 and grade 2 you split the difference.

I still think you really bring him back and play a very mobility conservative game plan. Pistol formations should be out best friend. It shortens the distance in which he will need to move on handoffs, drop backs, and play actions.

A 70% effective Love is better than a 100% Willis.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Sep 2024 13:39
I think he misses 2 weeks. We had a Friday game so there’s slightly more recovery time. It’s a position not expected to have to rely on their athleticism. If it’s between a grade 1 and grade 2 you split the difference.

I still think you really bring him back and play a very mobility conservative game plan. Pistol formations should be out best friend. It shortens the distance in which he will need to move on handoffs, drop backs, and play actions.

My guess too is Willis starts vs Indy and Tennessee and Love comes back with a giant brace vs MN.

I absolutely think we can win without Love if we are the team we think we are.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

go pak go wrote:
08 Sep 2024 14:07
lupedafiasco wrote:

My guess too is Willis starts vs Indy and Tennessee and Love comes back with a giant brace vs MN.

For sure.

"Scouting" Indy today and nothing special. Good dl. Rich has arm talent but still raw. Pittman is solid not elite.

Slow Taylor down and spread the d out and GB can absolutely win

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
08 Sep 2024 14:17
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

For sure.

"Scouting" Indy today and nothing special. Good dl. Rich has arm talent but still raw. Pittman is solid not elite.

Our Oline needs to play better. We need Jacobs and Wilson to cook. We can score 20+ if we put up over 150 yards on the ground.

A good ground game will eventually open a big play to either Watson or Reed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:
07 Sep 2024 23:39
One things seems to be true for sure. Were going to find out just how good, on the fly, of an offensive coach Matt Lafleur and staff really is/are.
The thing we know about Matt Lafleur is he is NOT a “great coach” yet in his career.

Sure, he has a great record. He’s had marginal playoff success. But he has lost multiple games he should have won in the playoffs, and the team just comes out completely not ready to play at least twice a year. “Great” coaches don’t just come out and lay eggs and LOOK so poorly coached so often.

Many will misconstrue my words and say I hate Lafleur. I don’t. I think he’s a good coach! But great coaches don’t lay so many eggs.
Your words are true. No hate whatsoever. He's just a prissy wannabe right now. That could change if he ever put more effort in his profession.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I keep thinking about this from Guty's / MLF's level. If Tannehill (or someone else who is actually a serviceable QB) is available, I think he gets brought in. 100%. The only question is who gets bumped off the roster.

I'm sure that the Pack was willing to roll with Willis with the assumption that if something happened to Love that it would be midway thru the season. Not in week 1. Good grief. So, who is worth bringing in for a month? Maybe nobody. But we will see. I would really love for us to win 1 or 2 games this next month.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm watching the Lions Rams game right now and wondering: 1) Will Lafleur ever be as good as Campbell? Will Love ever be as good as Goff and/or Stafford?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Sep 2024 14:54
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Your words are true. No hate whatsoever. He's just a prissy wannabe right now. That could change if he ever put more effort in his profession.
I shouldn't even comment bc it will just stir the pot but wtf

You ever hear of Andy Reid Man they should have closed the doors on him cuz he couldn't get over the hump in philly. what eggs is Matt lafleur Laying that other coaches don't please please give examples cuz this is absolutely silliness.

This is literally week one and these are the conversations coming up?? And to think the Rams and Lions game is something that we should be looking at is absolutely insane. Green Bay is making the playoffs in winning over 10 games if you guys want to fight about that let's do it

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Sep 2024 20:27
I'm watching the Lions Rams game right now and wondering: 1) Will Lafleur ever be as good as Campbell? Will Love ever be as good as Goff and/or Stafford?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

will Hafley ever be as good as Spagnolla? will Lafleur ever be as good as Campbell? will Love ever be as good as . . . .

thing is all 3 required certain variables for their success, Love as yet doesn't have Megatron, Campbell hasn't yet the success of Lafleur, and Spags is a successful veteran NFL DC with a established scheme, while Haf is just starting.

I'am excited to see a healthy Love with this stable of receivers in the Lafleur offense, as well as Hafley's defense once players gain some chemistry in it, Rome wasn't built in a day :aok:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Will our 2nd year starter ever be as good as an 8 year and a 15 year starter?

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Acrobat wrote:
09 Sep 2024 12:39
Will our 2nd year starter ever be as good as an 8 year and a 15 year starter?
Sure hope so.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
08 Sep 2024 14:17
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

For sure.

What? You actually WANT our D to slow down a RB? We have a long tradition now of doing otherwise. Why change that now?

<Wisconsin sarcasm, ya know.>
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

LaFleur sucks at media gamesmanship, but the fact that they can even toy with this is encouraging.

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

NCF wrote:
11 Sep 2024 15:03
LaFleur sucks at media gamesmanship, but the fact that they can even toy with this is encouraging.

Please keep it open until the game time. I wanna be surprised cause I'll be at this one.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
11 Sep 2024 15:03

not sure how to feel about this, always thought a sprain is actually a very mild tear of the connecting tissue, if so, doubt that it heels in a week.

I might feel a little better if Walker and the rest of this OL could protect him better, when your TE gets better blocking grades then 2/3rds of your Oliners, well, thats not very reassuring for a QB :dunno: