Poll: Who is Packers QB for Next 3-6 Weeks?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is Packers QB for Next 3-6 Weeks

Malik Willis
43%
Sean Clifford
26%
Sign Veteran FA (Brady, Tannehill, etc)
13%
Sign Player Off Another Practice Squad
No votes
Brett Favre
9%
Other
9%

Total votes: 23

lake shark
Reactions:

Poll: Who is Packers QB for Next 3-6 Weeks?

Post by lake shark »

I’m going conservative- Sean Clifford

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Clifford for 2 weeks. Then Love in a brace.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Cdragon wrote:
07 Sep 2024 17:19
Clifford for 2 weeks. Then Love in a brace.
That's what I'm thinking. Maybe Cliff can seize the opportunity. Avoid a Brett Hundley scenario at all costs.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Clifford? Might as well just forfeit and rest up! Willis has way more talent. He can run a bunch of read-option stuff while he learns the rest of the plays.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Arguing between Willis and Clifford reminds me of that South Park episode where the school needed to vote for a mascot between a turd sandwich and a giant douche.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I vote Tannehill

I like Malik as a project but I don't really want him starting these next few weeks, when we can get a competent QB who can run the offense in Tannehill.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

texas wrote:
07 Sep 2024 21:31
I vote Tannehill

I like Malik as a project but I don't really want him starting these next few weeks, when we can get a competent QB who can run the offense in Tannehill.
I doubt Tannehill wants to start for 2-3 games and then be a back up. He's waiting for someone to go down for the year, I bet.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think it depends on the injury to severity.

I believe this week we will see Willis and Clifford split drives
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
08 Sep 2024 07:36
texas wrote:
07 Sep 2024 21:31
I vote Tannehill

I doubt Tannehill wants to start for 2-3 games and then be a back up. He's waiting for someone to go down for the year, I bet.
Sitting on the bench for a SuperBowl contender seems better to me than starting for an also ran for the same money. You get paid the same and you've got a shot to bring a ring to your next job.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Bring in Tannenhill on the agreement that he remains on the team until Love comes back and from there he has the option to be released or stay.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Take it with a grain of salt

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Or not...
RIP JustJeff

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

We need to get Tom Brady on the phone. He named the Packers as one of the select few Super Bowl contenders on a recent podcast. This team has the pieces right now. We cannot afford to sacrifice 6 games because of our injured QB. Tom has the itch to get back out there. He is an old man now, but still competent enough to fill in for JLove and win games. Go ahead Gute, pick up the phone and do it.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Sep 2024 20:01
Arguing between Willis and Clifford reminds me of that South Park episode where the school needed to vote for a mascot between a turd sandwich and a giant douche.
I don't agree. But that's funny!

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

It is not going to be more than 3 weeks. IMO Love will only miss 2 games. Signing a veteran makes no sense to me.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

TheSkeptic wrote:
08 Sep 2024 15:35
It is not going to be more than 3 weeks. IMO Love will only miss 2 games. Signing a veteran makes no sense to me.
If you don't think this young roster could benefit from having Tom Brady in the locker room, you must be high. Even if just for 2 games, it'd be a great thing for the culture of this team.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Papa John wrote:
08 Sep 2024 16:18
TheSkeptic wrote:
If you don't think this young roster could benefit from having Tom Brady in the locker room, you must be high. Even if just for 2 games, it'd be a great thing for the culture of this team.
Yeah. But Tom isn't going to suit up for 2-4 games. No way.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Sep 2024 16:20
Papa John wrote:
08 Sep 2024 16:18
TheSkeptic wrote:
Yeah. But Tom isn't going to suit up for 2-4 games. No way.
Brady has hinted that he would come back. I believe he'd actually prefer a shortened season, at his age. 2-4 games with a team of this caliber could be the perfect opportunity for him. And if he wants to stay and compete with Jordan for the starting position, that will only make us better.
- Bill Parcells

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Sep 2024 20:01
Which one is the "Giant Douche" ? I will pick that one if I am forced to choose. :thwap: