Week 1 Games Around the League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Rodgers made it farther than last season.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Trudge wrote:
09 Sep 2024 19:35
Rodgers made it farther than last season.
Him and Wilson looking sharp thus far.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I missed seeing AR just control the matchups and manipulate the defense. Him and Manning are the best ever at it. Only other current QB even close is probably Stafford

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers looks old
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Sep 2024 21:10
Rodgers looks old
He is old, but does he look done? You know like Peyton did during his whole last season. But it is probably too early to judge.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I just tuned in, can’t be doing great but I just saw 4 perfect passes with a drop and a TD on free play. Looked good to me

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Honest to god I think this Packers team with a healthy Love could play the 49ers 100 times and lose all 100. We matchup so bad with them.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Sep 2024 21:16
Drj820 wrote:
Rodgers looks old
He is old, but does he look done? You know like Peyton did during his whole last season. But it is probably too early to judge.
He doesn't look terrible but the team around him is. They can't run the ball and Lazard is the only one who appears able to catch the ball.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

He can def still throw accurately. The body looks a bit brittle tho. Everytime he gets popped I got a little nervous. Doesn’t look durable.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Sep 2024 21:34
Honest to god I think this Packers team with a healthy Love could play the 49ers 100 times and lose all 100. We matchup so bad with them.
It was week one. Relax.

Remember your proclamations of disaster last year? Jesus, give it a few weeks before you throw in the towel.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pugger wrote:
09 Sep 2024 21:50
German_Panzer wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Rodgers looks old
He doesn't look terrible but the team around him is. They can't run the ball and Lazard is the only one who appears able to catch the ball.
But didn't Aaron go to them because they were loaded to have a chance for his 2nd ring?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
09 Sep 2024 22:21
lupedafiasco wrote:
It was week one. Relax.

Remember your proclamations of disaster last year? Jesus, give it a few weeks before you throw in the towel.
I mean they were def on a whole different level week one, but they are also a team for of vets.

We tried to beat them with our vets and never did when it matters, now we went young and will try with a new crop.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

German_Panzer wrote:
10 Sep 2024 08:51
Pugger wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

But didn't Aaron go to them because they were loaded to have a chance for his 2nd ring?
He liked the coach. And maybe even liked the idea of being in NYC and the media attention.

But the defense isn't what it was two or three years ago. The OL is trash. Wilson is the only good WR (though he has the potential to easily be top 10 in the league). But combine the bad OL (so no running game) and now-average D, it is a tough road.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
10 Sep 2024 08:51
Pugger wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

They might have been 2 years ago but not now. I almost ;) feel sorry for him.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Sep 2024 09:15
APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
It was week one. Relax.

I mean they were def on a whole different level week one, but they are also a team for of vets.

We tried to beat them with our vets and never did when it matters, now we went young and will try with a new crop.
Both teams will have their ups and downs as the season progresses. It's not atypical, especially for a young team, to underperform and make simple mistakes early in the season. It happens. We saw plenty of it last year.

Fortunately, teams grow into themselves as the season progresses. Play and execution improves, sometimes exponentially. We witnessed that last year, as well.

I just think it's a mistake to make broad assumptions and statements based off week one or even early season performances. Last season is clear evidence of that being a poor barometer to base any overarching opinion upon.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
10 Sep 2024 10:43
Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:

It was week one. Relax.

Both teams will have their ups and downs as the season progresses. It's not atypical, especially for a young team, to underperform and make simple mistakes early in the season. It happens. We saw plenty of it last year.

Fortunately, teams grow into themselves as the season progresses. Play and execution improves, sometimes exponentially. We witnessed that last year, as well.

I just think it's a mistake to make broad assumptions and statements based off week one or even early season performances. Last season is clear evidence of that being a poor barometer to base any overarching opinion upon.
Add to that we lost by 5 and were leading at one point in the 3rd quarter. The Eagles were not out of our league on Friday.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
10 Sep 2024 10:43
Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:

It was week one. Relax.

The only thing I was "really" disappointed in was I thought we got beat in the trenches battle on both sides and tackling issues. That was disappointing.

In terms of losing? I primarily tally the loss to the Packers just making so many mistakes. The multiple drops. The multiple inacurrate throws. The multiple boneheaded penalties.

I view the trenches and tackling as possible concerns moving foward. I view the mistakes as something to easily correct moving foward.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

My thoughts on the Jets/niners game.

Man the 49ers running game is GOLD!!!! Its remarkable just how much that can influence an entire game.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
sure didn't look like that 9 months ago once our OL was capable of the task at hand, they were not last Friday night, even so minus a couple flub ups and we would have beaten the Eagles point out put, and some of the points this defense gave up where do to poor footing, McKinny would have had 2 picks if not for slipping in coverage.

who we saw Friday is not who this team is ;)