Jordan Love's Status

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I've been pretty fortunate especially recently in terms of game quality and fans. A couple seattle games, one in the playoffs that ended in a nice snow falling, giants playoffs, a couple MN night games, last year Dallas game etc. A couple of those I remember walking in, standing for the anthem and the flyover and never sitting again until we got back to our vehicle to drive home. The energy was flowing thru the stadium in all those games and you could feel it.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

QUESTIONABLE :dance:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Hate reed banged up already.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Hate Lafleur not being ready for the Eagles game. :messedup:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 14 Sep 2024 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

If Namath played effectively with a knee brace, then Jordan Love can play effectively with a knee brace.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Sep 2024 12:57
If Namath played effectively with a knee brace, then Jordan Love can play effectively with a knee brace.

Back in those days it was common it seemed to see QB's with knee braces, Love has less experience???? he can step back, set, and throw like Namath, but does he have the ability to protect himself if the pocket collapses? I think thats the question, and is this game worth the risk.

to us, well we want to win every game, but now days ya don't have to, ya just need to qualify for post season, coaches aren't playing starters in PS games, and the first game of the season we see the rust with most teams.

PS now seems to be getting the position groups tiered up right, with all the starter injuries and rotation backups play a lot, whatever, I think we'll see improvement on defense at least Sunday, maybe a ton of RPO on offense, screens, Hope we have reason to celebrate tomorrow afternoon :aok:

GO PACK GO

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I always think back to RG3 when it comes to rushing QBs. I think one week and 2 days is too soon. Especially without a week of practice go see how he will deal with it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

If it jeopardizes him for the remainder of the season, I'd rather sit him. We have an actual chance of beating Indy without him. It's already likely he'll be gimpy most of the season. But hey, I'm not the team physician.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'll be overtly (potentially obnoxiously) demanding a stellar performance from the Packers defense while trying various bloodys in the parking lot / tailgating spots to get in the correct mood.

Get FIRED UP!!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
14 Sep 2024 18:38
No surprise. I think next week follows a similar path as well. Until I see Love practice I don’t think he plays a game. They’ll want to see how the knee responds to a drop back first.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Thought they got rid of the doubtful designation?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
14 Sep 2024 23:06
They got rid of probable

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Well it is obvious now. The Packers can win without Love.

There is no reason to risk the post season by bringing him back too early. If he is healthy enough to start by December the Packers can make the playoffs.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Sep 2024 23:13
wallyuwl wrote:
14 Sep 2024 23:06
They got rid of probable
They should have got rid of both.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I still think they don’t play Love this next week. It’s a road game which does the OL no favors getting a jump on the snap. It’s still incredibly soon from that initial timetable. It’s just an AFC game as well so even with a loss you aren’t down bad in the NFC standings.

I think we sit him one more week and bring him back for a divisional home show down against the Vikings.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Sep 2024 15:21
I still think they don’t play Love this next week. It’s a road game which does the OL no favors getting a jump on the snap. It’s still incredibly soon from that initial timetable. It’s just an AFC game as well so even with a loss you aren’t down bad in the NFC standings.

I think we sit him one more week and bring him back for a divisional home show down against the Vikings.
Knowing nothing about the current remaining limitations of his injury, this makes sense. If he’s ready to go, though, I say lace ‘em up.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't think Love plays because he tore an MCL and these things take time. Always though MN was the earliest we could hope for.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
16 Sep 2024 16:00
I don't think Love plays because he tore an MCL and these things take time. Always though MN was the earliest we could hope for.
Aaron Jones with the same injury missed 1 game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
16 Sep 2024 16:00
Was it a tear or simply a grade 1/2 sprain? I thought it was just a sprain he was dealing with.

And there have been a multitude of players who return sooner rather than later from this type MCL injury.