Jordan Love's Status

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Sep 2024 08:11
I think Tennessee has a better team than the Colts. I expected better from the Colts honestly. I completely underestimated how bad their defense is. The Titans defense is actually pretty good though so I wouldn’t look past them at all if Willis is the guy on the field.
Agreed. Yet, I think that Willis can do fine if we give him more of the playbook than he had his first week. MLF can coach him on pass plays to either throw to your open first look or scramble/throw it away. And he can do fine with that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Sep 2024 13:46
Nothing else to say. If he’s practicing he will play.
IF his knee doesn't puff up like a balloon. Maybe even then he could play.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Today is important.

If he's back out there practicing, it's indicative of no setbacks. If he's sidelined, it may indicate the knee didn't respond well. In fairness, it could also mean the training staff is simply managing reps as he recovers.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
19 Sep 2024 06:49
Today is important.

If he's back out there practicing, it's indicative of no setbacks. If he's sidelined, it may indicate the knee didn't respond well. In fairness, it could also mean the training staff is simply managing reps as he recovers.
Agree. I expect (based on nothing) that today will be scheduled as a padded practice. That could be telling, as well.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Years and years of carefulness, long-ass injury reports, being exceedingly careful with reps and load over the season... This is not a team that puts core players in jeopardy.

If Love plays, especially at this non-critical time of the season, I'm confident it's because he has full green light.

LaFleur can't get fired if we lose this game due to being overly careful with Love. A loss would be like, oh well. And heck, another win with Malik would make him a front-runner with a big lead for coach of the year.

LaFleur could get, ultimately, fired if QB1 with a massive contract is put on the field with additional risk, and something happens to ruin this season and beyond.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I reached out to the Packers today and said:

"Play Jordan Love on Sunday. We kneed him."

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Acrobat wrote:
19 Sep 2024 10:16
I reached out to the Packers today and said:

"Play Jordan Love on Sunday. We kneed him."
Also I have $$ on both the moneyline (+125) and the spread (-2.5).

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Oh it's on. This dude is playing...

:banana:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
19 Sep 2024 13:41
Oh it's on. This dude is playing...

:banana:
Nah, gotta get Willis reps! :twisted: :twisted:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

If he’s doing tire drills with ease for MCL rehab, pretty sure he’s good to go.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

He wore the pads. That's a really good sign. Almost certain.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Are we sure we want to stunt the progress of Malik Willis though? Would seem like we're holding him back.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'am all about keeping the the porch lite on and the camp fires burning, I want a seasoned QB to be the backup, so ya, I want a young pup like Willis to have some real time game experience.

Love seems cleared to play, so fine, play him, but that doesn't alter my opinion at all

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

There’s a reason why they’re called a backup. You don’t ever want them starting if they dont have to.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
19 Sep 2024 15:22
I'am all about keeping the the porch lite on and the camp fires burning, I want a seasoned QB to be the backup, so ya, I want a young pup like Willis to have some real time game experience.

Love seems cleared to play, so fine, play him, but that doesn't alter my opinion at all
:lol: :lol:

1) You act as if Love is a seasoned vet. He's not. He's still developing, too.

2) You don't need to set the team up for a loss in the standings to get the backup some playing time. There's this thing called garbage time to do that if you're not satisfied with practice reps.

Holy smokes.

I can't believe we're even having this conversation. :messedup:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
19 Sep 2024 16:10
Yoop wrote:
19 Sep 2024 15:22

:lol: :lol:

1) You act as if Love is a seasoned vet. He's not. He's still developing, too.

2) You don't need to set the team up for a loss in the standings to get the backup some playing time. There's this thing called garbage time to do that if you're not satisfied with practice reps.

Holy smokes.

I can't believe we're even having this conversation. :messedup:
seasoned vet, a player that knows the system, Willis has been in the Lafleur schemes for 3 weeks, 1 game in real time, another game would help, and this is Loves 5th season, thats 260 weeks to 3, seasoned can mean different things

hey, he's cleared, and should play if that knee is fine, and we rarely use a backup for garbage time, no one learns much playing backup for us. course we've never had a defense Lafleur had faith could hold a lead, maybe that will change with Hav.

minus our screw ups last week, drops, penalties, some questionable play calling, and that game would have been 27 to 3, we out played the Colts in almost every facet imaginal, and Tenn. is not much better if at all, why everyone seems so taken back if Love doesn't play doesn't make sense to me, ya'll watched the same outstanding play that I did with Willis, also he went 12-14, and some of his passes where just as nice and accurate as Love's, 2 that were key tosses in our win

another game with 10 more pass attempts wouldn't hurt, and perfecting our run blocking and run schemes would too with more real time run count

I get it, Love has to earn that pay check :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

You clearly don’t get it. It has nothing to do with the paycheck.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Honestly I think our punter needs game snaps at QB in case we need an emergency 4th string QB. All for Whelan throwing passes this week say “I.”
Cancelled by the forum elites.