Packers @ Titans GDT: Sunday, Sept. 22nd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
21 Sep 2024 08:10
Will be worth watching our Punt rush this weekend. That is some bad effort on some of these protections by the Titans.

wow, awesome, we need to develop our rush techniques :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2024 16:37
APB wrote:
20 Sep 2024 11:29
Pugger wrote:
20 Sep 2024 11:19

What will the dew point be?
I'm not sure I've ever seen a dew point forecast... :lol: ;)
If you live in the southeast or the corn belt (because corn gives off so much moisture)....you are always very, very aware of the dew point. We have the term dew point itself which gets nast above 70 and awful above 80. To then make the term relatable you may also hear terms like "heat index" or "feels like" temperature
For the record, I was being somewhat a smarty-pants with my earlier response. I’m well aware of what dew point means and how it impacts heat index, fog, etc. I’m simply saying dew point forecasts aren’t of much use beyond a 12-24 hour window or so due to the dynamic nature of weather and that general weather forecasting doesn’t typically include a “dew point” forecast.

<sigh>

Now that that is settled, maybe we can get back to football talk.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
21 Sep 2024 09:36
go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2024 16:37
APB wrote:
20 Sep 2024 11:29

I'm not sure I've ever seen a dew point forecast... :lol: ;)
If you live in the southeast or the corn belt (because corn gives off so much moisture)....you are always very, very aware of the dew point. We have the term dew point itself which gets nast above 70 and awful above 80. To then make the term relatable you may also hear terms like "heat index" or "feels like" temperature
For the record, I was being somewhat a smarty-pants with my earlier response. I’m well aware of what dew point means and how it impacts heat index, fog, etc. I’m simply saying dew point forecasts aren’t of much use beyond a 12-24 hour window or so due to the dynamic nature of weather and that general weather forecasting doesn’t typically include a “dew point” forecast.

<sigh>

Now that that is settled, maybe we can get back to football talk.
sarcasm in this forum is so rampant how's anyone to know you where just being a smarty pants, and does football talk include woman's private parts?

< PG >

I love talking football, there are some who don't like that I love to talk football, maybe I spend to much time here. :thwap:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

You know what I’m trying to work on myself. I have offended yooper and I apologize.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Sep 2024 11:21
You know what I’m trying to work on myself. I have offended yooper and I apologize.
uh, not me you numbskull, :lol: well maybe a little for the crack about Willis, I was referring to the use of the P word versus the 100 other verbs that denote wimpy, weak, wuss, push over, mouse, etc.

as to the rest, We all want to see Love back, Me wanting to see more of Willis has absolutely nothing to do with that, never did, I just think Willis has more to offer then we saw last week, and if there was any doubt with Love, then I looked forward to seeing it, accurate arm, poise under pressure, who wouldn't want to see more of that, but Love seems near a 100% he's our guy.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

wallyuwl wrote:
21 Sep 2024 17:44
I wouldn't read that to mean that Love sits. More of a belt and suspender thing. Yeah, that means 3 QB suit up. I'm just thinking if Love can start but then might not be able to finish...
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Sep 2024 17:53
wallyuwl wrote:
21 Sep 2024 17:44
I wouldn't read that to mean that Love sits. More of a belt and suspender thing. Yeah, that means 3 QB suit up. I'm just thinking if Love can start but then might not be able to finish...
I’m still not familiar with the emergency QB rules. This could play into that. Or it could mean Love maybe is t going to play. He was limited all week. He didn’t log a full practice.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yup Love out according to Rapoport... That’s disappointing. I think it’s still winnable but I think the Titans are much better than the Colts but they just get in their own way.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

getting a win in TN is going to be tougher sledding than the Colts at home. Limit our own mistakes, don't have Willis try to much again and we'll be ok. Can't be fumbling going in for TD's this week.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Looks like @Yoop is going to get his wish.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
22 Sep 2024 07:11
Looks like @Yoop is going to get his wish.
not really, however I think this will be good for the team. :aok:

first , there is no way to stop us from running, as long as we have success stretching them early, that will get them running horizontally, then you go back to those A and B gaps, just as we did against the Colts, that also opens up the rest of the play book, screens, hitch routes, stay away from interior crossing routes as the cross traffic is hard to pick up for young QB's, I have no fear that this team can beat Tenn.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I am excited that Willis gets this start against his old team. I think we are going to pull this one out, but it’s not going to be easy.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
22 Sep 2024 07:22
I am excited that Willis gets this start against his old team. I think we are going to pull this one out, but it’s not going to be easy.
my only worry is that we beat ourselves with penalties or poor defensive play, but even those are minimal.

agree it would be great for Willis to get some revenge on the team that let him go, I think Lafleur will also lower the guard rails and give him more option to pass.

looking for ward to the game :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

If it does end up as Willis playing, I don’t think TN makes the same mistakes IND made. They’re a much tougher run defense and they, of all teams, know Willis’ limitations as a QB. They are gonna force the issue with making Willis beat them.

The reporting simply says the Packers plan to start Willis so I’m not sure Love has been ruled out yet. Gonna go right up to the wire, I’d guess. Guessing there is also some gamesmanship going on, as well.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The defense needs to step up in a major way today. The Titans have a legit defense with legit DTs to plug the middle. The offense is going to need to be more multi-dimensional this week to score points.

Going to be really interesting.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I was proud of this team last week, really was and Malik staying within what he knew and what coaches wanted him to do.

He is going to be asked to do a bit more today, but I have serious reservations if he’s up for it. If we can control clock and flow we have a good shot. We have to limit mistakes, and create some turnovers. That’s our formula, let’s go D! And get the yards we can on offense and hang on to that ball.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

We still have the better QB and better offense by miles. Tenn sucks on O. Their OL is the worst in the league. Get after Levis and he will make mistakes

Their d is good but I trust our OL. The run game isn't going to be like last week but the wrs can win

Pack handles business and Willis sticks it to Tenn

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yup. This game will come down to our defense making plays and turnovers and our WRs winning their matchups. YAC will be key.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Love is in the Titans field with trainers warming up. It’s an uncommon warmup for Love to be out there this early.