Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2024 10:51
Raptor is part of a collective of posters who came from Julie's world. Raptor stays. It's good having him on the forum.
Jesus, I forgot about Julie's world. How long ago was that? I know JustJeff got me to come over.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

if raptor wants to come here and tell us the only difference between brady and kirk cousins is that brady had a good defense...thats his prerogative!!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Sep 2024 11:30
go pak go wrote:
Raptor is part of a collective of posters who came from Julie's world. Raptor stays. It's good having him on the forum.
Jesus, I forgot about Julie's world. How long ago was that? I know JustJeff got me to come over.
16 years ago.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Sep 2024 10:28
Half Empty wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:26
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
22 Sep 2024 19:25
Why does this site allow a troll from a division rival to post?
More to the point, why does anyone respond and give him more material. We all know how it feels to throw a zinger out there and hear crickets.
Wow. So Packer fans don't want to hear the other side? The fact is, I've been here longer than a lot of posters. Well before APB for sure. You want to know what makes forums die? Everyone thinks the same and no discourse is allowed, and/or the lack of or too heavy moderation. I could always register as a Packer fan and be just as annoying.
Are you sure about that? I came over from Julie's world when the purge happened. Unless you came over when they were still doing it by a smoke signals, I kind of doubt you beat me here. 😉

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2024 11:36
Raptorman wrote:
go pak go wrote:
16 years ago.
Yeah I think the Packersnews.net got born when the purge happened and packersnews.com swtiched from this look to a "gluck back operating system" and it looked terrible.

There was a time when people switched to the R-rated Packers Planet but then JustJeff and his comprade (can't remember the name on the top of my head) made packersnews.net

This all happened I believe the same time Brett Favre retired, went to the Jets and the Aaron Rodgers era began.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2024 11:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

16 years ago.
Yeah I think the Packersnews.net got born when the purge happened and packersnews.com swtiched from this look to a "gluck back operating system" and it looked terrible.

There was a time when people switched to the R-rated Packers Planet but then JustJeff and his comprade (can't remember the name on the top of my head) made packersnews.net

This all happened I believe the same time Brett Favre retired, went to the Jets and the Aaron Rodgers era began.
Yep, Julie's World EXPLODED during the summer of Favre so Packersnews.net was born out of the ashes. Summer of 2008.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2024 11:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

16 years ago.

That was Pete, aka Get Louder at Lambeau.

Pete purchased both sites and enlisted Jeff to help run them. One was more a PG version, the other more a free-for-all. This site is the eventual successor to the PG version after Pete moved on.

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

I joined Julie's World on draft day 2007! Prior only as lurker, I wanted to defend the Justin Harrell selection. He was a man among boys in the SEC at Tennessee. Just Jeff welcomed me immediately.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Anyone got a pic of that brick we bought for JustJeff?

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Half Empty wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:26

More to the point, why does anyone respond and give him more material. We all know how it feels to throw a zinger out there and hear crickets.
Wow. So Packer fans don't want to hear the other side? The fact is, I've been here longer than a lot of posters. Well before APB for sure. You want to know what makes forums die? Everyone thinks the same and no discourse is allowed, and/or the lack of or too heavy moderation. I could always register as a Packer fan and be just as annoying.
Are you sure about that? I came over from Julie's world when the purge happened. Unless you came over when they were still doing it by a smoke signals, I kind of doubt you beat me here. 😉
Well, you are probably right. I just thought you came later. Don't know why. Not like my memory is spot-on these days.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
go pak go wrote:
16 years ago.
I've been annoying you guys for 16 years? It's a love-hate relationship for sure. :)

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
23 Sep 2024 12:13
Anyone got a pic of that brick we bought for JustJeff?
This one?
wMAUERa.jpg
wMAUERa.jpg (60.2 KiB) Viewed 141 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
22 Sep 2024 19:25
Why does this site allow a troll from a division rival to post?
He's been here as long as you have :rotf: I have :rotf: which is about day 1 of this forum :rotf:

hows it go, a friend of your enemy, is still your friend :mrgreen:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Sep 2024 12:14
APB wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Well, you are probably right. I just thought you came later. Don't know why. Not like my memory is spot-on these days.
I was originally Army PackerBacker. Shortened it to APB once I jumped on board with Jeff and this new adventure.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I do kind of miss the old Packersplanet chat room for game days. It was easier than refreshing here all the time. Although now most days I go to a Packers bar in Omaha for games.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 12:22
Raptorman wrote:
APB wrote:

I was originally Army PackerBacker. Shortened it to APB once I jumped on board with Jeff and this new adventure.
When did you leave the Army? I remember discussing Pilot opportunities with you.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

flapackfan wrote:
23 Sep 2024 12:12
I joined Julie's World on draft day 2007! Prior only as lurker, I wanted to defend the Justin Harrell selection. He was a man among boys in the SEC at Tennessee. Just Jeff welcomed me immediately.
a bit earlier for me, lurked till 07 with the Favre meltdown, or should say Julie rage time when she allowed abuse of the abuse button with suspensions for both parties, minus any investigation to see who started the fight , Louder started the x rated Planet, JustJeff ( Sam) the PG version, Pigskin Prattle ( a name I always thought fit perfectly for a football forum?

time truly does fly by, 16 years in the blink of a eye, thank you Sam, and all of the Mods for keeping our community going :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Sep 2024 12:31
APB wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

When did you leave the Army? I remember discussing Pilot opportunities with you.
Retired in 2012.

Yeesh.

I'm old.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 12:46
Raptorman wrote:
23 Sep 2024 12:31
APB wrote:

Retired in 2012.

Yeesh.

I'm old.
Not as old as Yoop and myself I'm sure. I'm older than my team.