Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 29th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 29th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:vikings: Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers :packers:
Sunday, September 29th, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -2.5
Over/Under: 42.5

Stadium

Lambeau Field

Injury Report

Broadcast (CBS)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=4
Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... eek-4-2024
The Green Bay Packers return to Lambeau Field to take on the Minnesota Vikings.

Green Bay has won two of the last three and three of the last five home games against the Vikings.
The Packers have scored 30-plus points in five of the last eight games vs. Minnesota.
Overall, the Packers have won six of the last 10 meetings.
In each of the last five games between the two teams, the scoring margin has been 14-plus points, including 23-plus points in three contests. It is the most consecutive games in the series decided by 14-plus points, surpassing four-game streaks from 1961 to 1962 and 1990 to 1991 (STATS). Prior to that five-game stretch, six of the seven games were decided by single digits, including a tie.
The two teams have split the regular-season series each of the past four seasons, marking the longest stretch in series history.
Since realignment in 2002, the Packers (12) and Vikings (five) have accounted for 17 of the 22 NFC North titles.
Of the past 43 regular-season meetings between the teams, 25 of those games have been decided by seven points or less.
Through 127 meetings, which includes two postseason contests (1-1), the Packers hold a 66-58-3 edge over the Vikings in the all-time series.
The Packers 65 regular-season wins over Minnesota are the most by any team against the Vikings (Chicago ranks No. 2 with 57 wins).
Since 2000, the Packers are 28-18-2 (.604) in regular-season contests versus the Vikings.
Under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, the Packers are 6-4 against the Vikings and have scored 21-plus points in eight of the 10 contests.
Green Bay's six wins over Minnesota since 2019 are the most in the NFL.
LB Preston Smith registered three sacks and two forced fumbles against Minnesota last season. Smith has posted six sacks in the last six games against the Vikings. Smith has 8.5 sacks against Minnesota, the most he has against any single opponent.
DL Kenny Clark has posted a sack in two of the last three contests against the Vikings. Clark has eight sacks against Minnesota, the most against any single opponent.
Among active players, Smith (8.5) and Clark (8.0) rank No. 1-2 for the most sacks against the Vikings.
WR Jayden Reed posted 10 catches for 172 yards (17.2 avg.) and two TDs last season in two games versus Minnesota, becoming the first NFL player to record 10-plus catches, 150-plus receiving yards and multiple TD catches against the Vikings as a rookie.
It is the first time the Packers do not play an NFC North foe until Week 4 or later since 2017 (Week 4 vs. Chicago).
The Vikings are the only NFC North opponent the Packers play in the first eight games, tied for the fewest since realignment in 2002 with 2012 and 2015.
Under LaFleur, the Packers have started 2-1 or better every season. Green Bay joins Buffalo as the only NFL teams to start 2-1 or better in each of the past six seasons (2019-24).
Weather
image.png
image.png (491.52 KiB) Viewed 255 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Vikings 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m ready for wicks to breakout. Can’t hold it against him with Willis out there, but I’m ready to see it come together for him
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

It’s a must win game. You can’t go back 2.5 games in the divisional standings. Love needs to be sharp and better than he was in the opener but I’m not expecting him to be.

What I do expect is the same intensity from the defense we have had these last two games and their propensity to create turnovers that we have seen all season. They got to smack around bad teams the last two weeks. This Vikings team is shockingly not bad.

I do expect LaFleur to have to have a ton worked out again to protect his QBS but Love has to make the throws. He did not do that against the Eagles.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Think we are going to take them to the woodshed. Oline and front 7 are steamrolling people, Lafleur owns Brian Flores, and we are forcing turnovers left and right.

49ers and Houston both look like they are regressing so not making much of their start, they are who we thought they were and all that.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

First game this year packers are favored??

Quick chance to spring us up to a probably consensus top 3-5 team in all power rankings

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not sure if this is reality. But I feel like we always struggle with Minnesota earlier in the year, and do much better against them later in the year

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2024 02:56
It’s a must win game. You can’t go back 2.5 games in the divisional standings. Love needs to be sharp and better than he was in the opener but I’m not expecting him to be.

What I do expect is the same intensity from the defense we have had these last two games and their propensity to create turnovers that we have seen all season. They got to smack around bad teams the last two weeks. This Vikings team is shockingly not bad.

I do expect LaFleur to have to have a ton worked out again to protect his QBS but Love has to make the throws. He did not do that against the Eagles.
play Willis, and Win, or play Love and also win, my point is I actually don't think it matters, obviously I want Love to play and improve his chemistry with the offense, but this team really came together because it felt it had to step up after it lost it's starting QB, and it made all of them better, they had each others back, imo the best way to do that is having success under adverse conditions that we had these last two games.

right it is a important game, but we sure seem more prepared now to handle it, I expect Love will be more settled then the opener, he better be :mrgreen:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also, lol at that banner photo, having AJ Dillon included.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 08:31
Not sure if this is reality. But I feel like we always struggle with Minnesota earlier in the year, and do much better against them later in the year
https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/gr ... eam?opp=18

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
I swear 3/4 of the time the Vikings get the luxury of playing in Green Bay in Sept. or Oct....
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
Also, lol at that banner photo, having AJ Dillon included.
I saw that too. The good banners don't come out until today. Will change.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

From what I'm reading, it sounds like the Packers best bet is to win with the ground game. If Love returns, we absolutely cannot call a game plan where he's dropping back 40 times. Gotta keep the Vikings front 7 honest and be patient even if we don't have a lot of success on the ground early.

Also sounds like we'll be able to get some pressure on Darnold. I think this is the game where he sees ghosts and falls apart.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

For you youngins too young for this awesome ending!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

:bigcry:
No G on the helmet Sunday, always one in my heart.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 08:48
$%@#, I love that man.

Read More. Post Less.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 08:48
He's the guy I'm most worried about.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Acrobat wrote:
25 Sep 2024 08:45
From what I'm reading, it sounds like the Packers best bet is to win with the ground game. If Love returns, we absolutely cannot call a game plan where he's dropping back 40 times. Gotta keep the Vikings front 7 honest and be patient even if we don't have a lot of success on the ground early.

Also sounds like we'll be able to get some pressure on Darnold. I think this is the game where he sees ghosts and falls apart.
Pass rush the hell out of Darnold. And pound it with our marvelous trio of running backs. And go deep when they least expect it. Hit Kraft and Musgrave as needed. I hope Narvy is on his game. The defense will win this game. LaCoach will have the team ready to beat the Vikings. The Packers running game should take the pressure off the Packers QB giving the Vikings defense fits. me again. Remember this is the Visqueens....formerly the tenets of the Homer Hanky Hefty dome. 62 years of futility and counting. The '69 team won the NFL title but lost to KC in SB4.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 25 Sep 2024 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Home Oct. 29th - L
Away Dec. 31st - W
Away Sept. 11th - L
Home Jan. 1st - W
Away Nov. 21st - L
Home Jan. 2nd - W
Away Sept. 13th - W
Home Nov. 1st - L
Home Sept. 15th - W
Away Dec. 23rd - W
Home Sept. 16th - T
Away Nov. 25th - L
Away Oct. 15th - L
Home Dec. 23rd - L
Away Sept. 18th - L
Home Dec. 24th - W
Away Nov. 22nd - W
Home Jan. 3rd - L
Home Oct. 2nd - W
Away Nov. 23rd - W

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

what an epic letter. I love aaron jones. Rodgers demanding he be in the game was a cool story. Gute flying down to the funeral is a plus on his character from me, especially after some of the coldness gutey has been accused of.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

always remember the chatter here that Rodgers audibled out of run plays, this sorta squashes those opinions some.

Jones would probably have close to another 2000 yards if not for McCarthy, course he may have gotten hurt more as well, if there is a knock, it's his durability, but what a explosive, allusive RB he was when healthy.

he'll be out to exact some revenge against us for sure, our defense will have to play up to that challenge.