Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 29th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 08:27
First game this year packers are favored??
The Vikings haven't been favored in a game yet. Yup, not even the Giants game. The Giants were 1.5-point favorites. SF, 5.5. Houston 3.5. Green Bay, as of today, 4.5.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Man, that Aaron Jones letter.

That’s the good stuff, right there. Nothing but love for that man.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2024 09:35
Jones would probably have close to another 2000 yards if not for McCarthy, course he may have gotten hurt more as well, if there is a knock, it's his durability, but what a explosive, allusive RB he was when healthy.
:dunno:
Attachments
IMG_0251.jpeg
IMG_0251.jpeg (189.8 KiB) Viewed 193 times

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Love Aaron Jones although I still blame him for the 49ers loss in the 2021 Divisional Round. He keeps running full speed, we win that game and most likely win the Super Bowl that year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jones was a big game choker. The meanest defenses could pop him and cause a turnover or make him play like he had a concussion...but idc...i love the guy. seems like a great human.

I wonder if he didnt show offseason interest in Dallas because of McCarthy. McCarthy was an idiot toward jones.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Stat: Sam Darnold’s Passer Rating Versus the Blitz – 158.3
No opponent in 2024 has been able to stymie Vikings’ quarterback Sam Darnold. He leads the NFL in passing touchdowns with eight, is second in passer rating at 117.3, and is fourth in yards per attempt at 8.4.
The first step in slowing down Darnold, at least when he’s playing for Kevin O’Connell, is to stop blitzing him. When teams have sent five or more rushers after Darnold, he’s made them pay. On 14 such dropbacks this season, Darnold is 10 of 12 for 189 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions, good enough for a passer rating of 158.3, which is perfect.

Stat: Vikings Defense Has 5 Sacks in Each of the First Three Games
The Vikings are the first team with five or more sacks in three straight games to begin a season since the 2001 New Orleans Saints.
One challenging aspect of mitigating the Vikings’ pass-rush scheme is the varying ways defensive coordinator is dialing up the pressure. Minnesota ranks second in sacks when sending five or more rushers, recording six in those scenarios. At the same time, the Vikings are tied for first in sacks with 10 when using four or fewer rushers.

Stat: 11 Penalties (Five False Starts) Against Houston on Sunday
Whether watching from home or in the stands, it was clear noise was a factor inside U.S. Bank Stadium on Sunday. The Texans were penalized 11 times on the day, compared to the Vikings’ five. The false starts and procedural penalties incurred by Houston only empowered the home crowd to make more noise and the Vikings’ defense to gain more confidence.

Houston’s offense did not score on any drive in which it incurred a penalty.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/3-st ... ames-2024/

Need to pressure w/ 4, need to protect, need to Get Louder at Lambeau!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

“The question facing Darnold and the Vikings is whether they can sustain this. It is wicked hard to outscheme every Sunday opponent for a month, for two months, three, four… Winning on the chalkboard every week for 20-plus weeks is just too tall of an ask. The first weak point that opposing defenses will attack? Darnold. Pressure has famously flustered him, and while those longer dropbacks are good for downfield routes putting big stresses on defense, they invite a ton of pressure. Darnold has been pressured on 35.2% of his dropbacks and has taken a sack on 9.1% of his total dropbacks, both of which are above league average. On a small sample, Darnold is holding it together when pressured (ninth in EPA per dropback, 14th in success rate), but his off-target rate is higher than all but five quarterbacks so far this season.
https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/minn ... am-darnold

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
25 Sep 2024 10:26
Yoop wrote:
Jones would probably have close to another 2000 yards if not for McCarthy, course he may have gotten hurt more as well, if there is a knock, it's his durability, but what a explosive, allusive RB he was when healthy.
do you carry a dictionary to the bar with you for every conversation?

the first thing to come to mind when someone says allusive to me would be shifty, hard to grasp, out of reach, but whatever

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2024 11:20
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

the first thing to come to mind when someone says allusive to me would be shifty, hard to grasp, out of reach, but whatever
I knew what you meant but you’re trying to say elusive.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I suspect the word you’re searching for is “elusive”. It has thus far eluded you. I fear had I been more allusive, you may not have understood the point.

The point being: words matter.

Especially so for someone who insists on continually arguing term definitions with other posters in thread conversations.
Attachments
IMG_0252.jpeg
IMG_0252.jpeg (152.97 KiB) Viewed 146 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
25 Sep 2024 11:36
Especially so for someone who insists on continually arguing term definitions with other posters in thread conversations
lupe new what I meant, you did too, and so did Brandon yesterday, when you know what I mean, then correct me, rather then just discussing topic, in my shoes how would you react? pissed off I'am sure.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2024 11:34
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

I knew what you meant but you’re trying to say elusive.
everyone new what I meant.

it is more important for some to point out my short comings then the topic of conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
always remember the chatter here that Rodgers audibled out of run plays, this sorta squashes those opinions some.
Huh? The play Rodgers called for Jones could've been a screen for all we know. If anything it shows he had even more leeway to change things than we knew.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I think Rodgers played within the gameplan far more than most would give him credit for. I remember 2 plays near his end of time here. We ran on the goal line and they asked why that play, he and the coach said that’s what was called to run. If he’s such an ego maniac why didn’t he change it?

And a deep pass to end another game, they asked why that pass, answer it’s what was called.

Now was he given latitude to check from run to pass or pass to run at times? I’m sure and many of those were probably sent in by coach and called that way in huddle

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:50
Yoop wrote:
always remember the chatter here that Rodgers audibled out of run plays, this sorta squashes those opinions some.
Huh? The play Rodgers called for Jones could've been a screen for all we know. If anything it shows he had even more leeway to change things than we knew.
people were actually saying how Rodgers changed up plays, mostly out of perceived running formations, true, that particular play may have been a pass :idn:

I remember articles where beat writers said it Starks, I also remember articles where Rodgers said we need to run more on several occasions.

now I would admit that Rodgers obviously wants to pass a lot more then run the ball, after all he does that better then most everyone, I also remember McCarthy say we only run to keep the defense honest and to set up the pass.

A QB like Rodgers will always be free to change up plays, imo, that's all about the ability to read a defense, Lafleur will do the same with Love once he gains that ability, I thought we say that plenty late last year. :mrgreen:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

i'm gonna hate seeing him wear purple, but he's a guy I can never root against.