Week 3 (other) Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:21
Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:10
we watched Lafleur design more up tempo for Willis,
We did NOT watch LaFleur design an up tempo offense for WIllis. We watched Lafleur limit Willis' reads and had him get the ball out quickly or run.

that is webs definition of up tempo
Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:17
up tempo includes not only that but every other play where the snap is closely followed by the QB releasing the ball.
Incorrect., yes it is correct, read what web says again
and there is no way I'll allow people in this forum to change my opinion about that, I bet you could ask a damn ten year old about this and get the same answer I just gave..
It's not opinion, it's fact that you are getting wrong.

You could ask every coach in football and they will say you are wrong.
I know what coaches will say when I ask about speeding up the game, and NO HUDDLE wont automatically pop out of there mouths.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
we watched Lafleur design more up tempo for Willis,
We did NOT watch LaFleur design an up tempo offense for WIllis. We watched Lafleur limit Willis' reads and had him get the ball out quickly or run.

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:17
up tempo includes not only that but every other play where the snap is closely followed by the QB releasing the ball.
and there is no way I'll allow people in this forum to change my opinion about that, I bet you could ask a damn ten year old about this and get the same answer I just gave..

I know what coaches will say when I ask about speeding up the game, and NO HUDDLE wont automatically pop out of there mouths.
Nothing you quoted said anything about No Huddle. Stay on topic here: Up-Tempo does not mean how quickly the QB releases the ball.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
According to Merriam-Webster, up-tempo means having a fast-moving tempo. For example, you might describe music as up-tempo if it has a fast beat. You can also use the term to describe a style of basketball that is aggressive and fast-moving.

the term no huddle isn't mentioned anywhere with the webster definition, not anywhere, this isn't yoop making up a damn thing

heres my lead in, and Lafleur obviously sped up snap to trigger for Willis, that is speeding up tempo,

I think we'll see more teams using motion, and play action, imo the goal is protecting the QB, we watched Lafleur design more up tempo for Willis, but he did this for Love and would have with AR too, except Rodgers specialty was extending the play.
:rotf: Maybe use a football encyclopedia, like everyone else, not a general one.

Merriam-Webster is often crap when it comes to football terms. For example "blitz": "a rush of the passer by a defensive linebacker, back, or end in football". So by general dictionary definition, EVERY pass rush should be called a blitz, even a 3-man one (except for some reason pass rushes by DTs and safeties wouldn't count :idn: ).

---

And please, do ask a 10-year-old football fan. Ask many. Ask any coach. Ask reporters, pundits, anyone knowledgeable in football and see what they say.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:33
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Nothing you quoted said anything about No Huddle. Stay on topic here: Up-Tempo does not mean how quickly the QB releases the ball.
word salad, the term no huddle is nothing more then a term for plays schemed up to use prior, up tempo is completely different, you've got this convo so twisted up you remind me of trump at a campaign rally, and thats no laughing matter lol.

this started with me adding no huddle, along with motion, miss direction, and up tempo, simply to include all in Lafleurs plan to limit exposure to Willis, and also my expectation that the league will copy cat those plans because imo they do help with what I said.

again you only focused on terminology and your perception of it, which according to dan webster is wrong.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

So those week 3 games huh. Some crazy outcomes there am I right?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:35
Yoop wrote:
According to Merriam-Webster, up-tempo means having a fast-moving tempo. For example, you might describe music as up-tempo if it has a fast beat. You can also use the term to describe a style of basketball that is aggressive and fast-moving.

the term no huddle isn't mentioned anywhere with the webster definition, not anywhere, this isn't yoop making up a damn thing

heres my lead in, and Lafleur obviously sped up snap to trigger for Willis, that is speeding up tempo,

I think we'll see more teams using motion, and play action, imo the goal is protecting the QB, we watched Lafleur design more up tempo for Willis, but he did this for Love and would have with AR too, except Rodgers specialty was extending the play.
:rotf: Maybe use a football encyclopedia, like everyone else, not a general one.

Merriam-Webster is often crap when it comes to football terms. For example "blitz": "a rush of the passer by a defensive linebacker, back, or end in football". So by general dictionary definition, EVERY pass rush should be called a blitz, even a 3-man one (except for some reason pass rushes by DTs and safeties wouldn't count :idn: ).

---

And please, do ask a 10-year-old football fan. Ask many. Ask any coach. Ask reporters, pundits, anyone knowledgeable in football and see what they say.
maybe just read what I write versus the convoluted interpretation from some football jock.

if I ask a ten year old what up tempo means he sure as hell wont spout no huddle salmar :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:33
Yoop wrote:

word salad, the term no huddle is nothing more then a term for plays schemed up to use prior, up tempo is completely different, you've got this convo so twisted up you remind me of trump at a campaign rally, and thats no laughing matter lol.

this started with me adding no huddle, along with motion, miss direction, and up tempo, simply to include all in Lafleurs plan to limit exposure to Willis, and also my expectation that the league will copy cat those plans because imo they do help with what I said.

again you only focused on terminology and your perception of it, which according to dan webster is wrong.
I didn't mention no huddle in what you quoted. Stay focused! Up-Tempo does not mean how quickly the QB releases the ball.

You need to go back and read your "Webster." Please bring here what you think proves you up tempo means getting the ball out quickly.

You also might want to go back and reread the conversation, especially your original post, because your memory of how this started is faulty.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 25 Sep 2024 12:59, edited 2 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:51

if I ask a ten year old what up tempo means he sure as hell wont spout no huddle salmar :rotf:
He won't because he doesn't know what up tempo means, just like you. Fortunately every football coach does know and it certainly does not mean how quickly the QB gets rid of the football.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:51
So those week 3 games huh. Some crazy outcomes there am I right?
unfortunately about 60 minutes is about all the excitement I can handle, but with the way the team has been playing, thats been enough for me, thank you :aok:

I think this week we should establish the perimeter, stretch runs, screen passes, get those defenders running laterally and wear them down, be hawkish with coverage, and stay in the gaps against the run.
The Vikes will be a tougher opponent, but we left a ton of points on the field in the last 2 games, With Love back and hopefully less mis cues and we'll finish more drives.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:55
I didn't mention no huddle in what you quoted. Stay focused! Up-Tempo does not mean how quickly the QB releases the ball.
It can, up tempo means speeding up, more then any one other thing, you go read webster, because you are trying to make it something other then that, and it's not, up tempo does not automatically include no huddle, which is what you seem to think.

again, none of this terminology mattered at all in the points I was making, all are inclusive, but then you wouldn't have been able to start this ARGUMENT without it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Holy &%$@, guys. Enough with this. You're simply repeating the same arguments now.

This sidebar is done.