Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

PFFs explanation:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2024 12:16
Loving these community notes :lol:

Gotta click on it
Lame excuse by PFF:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

My favorite response to that:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

DeShaun Watson is just the worst.

When asked if he’d be open to more designed runs to help jumpstart the struggling offense - the offense he leads - this was his response:
"I'm not going in there to ask them for more designed runs. ... If I don't have to run, I'm not going to run," Watson said. "I'm not trying to take any hits. ... I'm not a running quarterback, in a sense. I can make things happen, but I'm not trying to run.

"I'm not a running back. It's not my specialty. They signed me to throw the ball, make decisions and be a quarterback, not a runner."
What a complete &%$@ attitude. His dynamic passing AND running is what gained him the big contract in the first place.

I mean, dude has the 2nd lowest QBR next to Bryce Young and he’s putting out stuff like this. Just another sorry chapter with the Factory of Sadness.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
25 Sep 2024 19:16

When asked if he’d be open to more designed runs to help jumpstart the struggling offense - the offense he leads - this was his response:
"I'm not going in there to ask them for more designed runs. ... If I don't have to run, I'm not going to run," Watson said. "I'm not trying to take any hits. ... I'm not a running quarterback, in a sense. I can make things happen, but I'm not trying to run.

"I'm not a running back. It's not my specialty. They signed me to throw the ball, make decisions and be a quarterback, not a runner."
What a complete &%$@ attitude. His dynamic passing AND running is what gained him the big contract in the first place.

I mean, dude has the 2nd lowest QBR next to Bryce Young and he’s putting out stuff like this. Just another sorry chapter with the Factory of Sadness.
I like it when my quarterback says,
"I thought the team needed a little juice"

Glad JLove is my quarterback
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Based

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

PFF hates the Packers.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:
25 Sep 2024 19:16

Sounds like the guy needs a massage.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Not news related but this is an all-time great commercial. Well done, Uber Eats… :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

pawwwp koarrrrn :munch:

—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
30 Sep 2024 07:43
pawwwp koarrrrn :munch:

He's right, Saleh should concern himself with why is OL are jumping, and how to scheme to stop the unblocked rusher, and Lafluer should lend a ear, Love had one in his grill to often yesterday.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Regardless of right, that should be kept internal, not by publicly throwing your coach under the bus. Whatever, glad this is not our problem any longer. :)

I love how Rodgers is into all this New Agey stuff and loves to act all like "nah I'm above it all, bro ~namaste!" yet at no point during this spiritual awakening has shown any ability to control his emotions in public settings. :rotf:
—Magneto

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

talk about no win. If he answers he's wrong. If he doesn't he's wrong, if he dances around it he's wrong.

He's a man, like the rest of us. He said nothing wrong, in fact if I was an owner of a team those are the words I want to hear from our players, coaches, staff etc. Accountability. Be better, doing your job as a professional shouldn't be made easier because you have people that can't do their jobs.

It's more difficult to have standards and uphold them than it is to just say, oh well, let's just lower them so everyone can do it...

It would be different if Rodgers wasn't doing something that every single QB in the entire NFL worth a &%$@ does every single snap of every single game with success. He did it here for a lot of years, there was nothing absurd or needing to be made easier. If guys can't do it, find someone who can.

Imagine being upset you have players that want accountability from each other. Just like all the greats have demanded.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
30 Sep 2024 08:33
Regardless of right, that should be kept internal, not by publicly throwing your coach under the bus. Whatever, glad this is not our problem any longer. :)

I love how Rodgers is into all this New Agey stuff and loves to act all like "nah I'm above it all, bro ~namaste!" yet at no point during this spiritual awakening has shown any ability to control his emotions in public settings. :rotf:
you hate the guy so much it blinds you, always has, you don't know who brought this issue up, Rodgers didn't just come out with that comment, he was asked about it, and Saleh is so wrong to ask Rodgers not to do stuff they practice, it's his OL man that are screwing this up, not Rodgers, Saleh should go back to being a DC, and let Rodgers and the OC run this offense.

what Rodgers does outside of simply playing never really bothered me as it did for you and so many others.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

musclestang wrote:
30 Sep 2024 09:50
Imagine being upset you have players that want accountability from each other. Just like all the greats have demanded.
Amen to that
Rodgers demanded accountability, he figured if he put in the time to be good, so should everyone else, the ol saying of Vince was never more true, we strive for perfection, hoping that process brings excellence, or something like that.

Rodgers never expected perfection, simply a attempt to reach it, and people ridiculed him for it and defended people like these OL man who can't remember a snap count sequence from one play to the next.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Rodgers 1 - Saleh 0

As per ESPN, Saleh has already backtracked on the issue:
New York Jets coach Robert Saleh has been around Aaron Rodgers for only a handful of games, but he already has learned an important lesson about his quarterback: You don't mess with his cadence.

Saleh, under fire after a sloppy, penalty-filled loss Sunday, said his coaching staff spoke "at length" Monday morning about ways in which they can eliminate the alarming number of pre-snap flags -- five false starts in their 10-9 loss to the Denver Broncos.

Altering Rodgers' sophisticated cadence -- one of the hallmarks of his game -- isn't among the potential solutions, according to Saleh, who hinted otherwise after the game.

"We've got to figure it out, whether or not we're good enough or ready to handle all the cadence," Saleh said Sunday after watching his offense go without a touchdown in 13 possessions. "Cadence had not been an issue all camp. Felt like our operation had been operating pretty good. Obviously, today it took a major step back."

On Monday, Saleh backtracked when the issue again was raised in a videoconference with reporters, saying there's a distinction between "cadence" and "operation."

"We're always going to push the envelope with cadence. Always," he said. "But with regards to operation, getting in and out of the huddle, getting to the line of scrimmage, the communication that's being had, those are all things that we can continue to look at and clean up.

"But from a cadence standpoint, that's part of what makes us who we are and we're going to continue to always push the envelope on that."
I do think it's absolutely absurd "Bo Nix beat Aaron Rodgers" by completing 12 of 25 passes for 60 yards. :messedup: :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

And just like that, the true Alpha dog has ascended to his rightful place in the Jets locker room.