Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

they may have started as respected best buddies, but the power struggle has been brewing since the day rodgers arrived. Rodgers is obsessed with letting the world know he is in charge. Cucks every coach he can, and loves the ones that never challenge him...even if it means putting up 9 points! (hackett)
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

musclestang wrote:
30 Sep 2024 09:50
talk about no win. If he answers he's wrong. If he doesn't he's wrong, if he dances around it he's wrong.
The only thing that's wrong is your take. If he gives a generic coachspeak response, nobody thinks twice about what he says. You can't do anything with a boring non-answer, that's the whole point of non-answers.

And this to the New York media of all people. :| It's one thing to act like this in Green Bay where it's largely insulated, ESPN doesn't run with it as much because they don't care about our small market.

Everyone (other than seemingly Rodgers, yoop, and yourself) understands that you have to be extra careful with what you say to this media. He just gave them a great sound byte to run stories about who wears the pants around the locker room. And frankly it will probably not even be an untrue story. Gonna suck for Saleh though, seeing headlines in the papers about him being whipped by Rodgers, then facing your subordinate coaches/players and knowing they see you as a cuck.
Imagine being upset you have players that want accountability from each other. Just like all the greats have demanded.
Jets are not my team, for one, so there's nothing to be "upset" about. He can tank their team all he wants, it's not my problem. My only emotional response was relief at not having to have this on *my* team any longer.

For two, it has nothing to do with what he said about "accountability." It has to do with angrily contradicting your head coach in public. Lash out at him and preach accountability all you want behind closed doors. But you do it in public, it makes the coach look weak, and then other players don't take the coach as seriously anymore. It's a bad situation for the coach and team cohesion. This is all basic common sense, don't throw your coach (or literally anyone in your team) under the bus.

The irony of this if course is that the only people who actually do get angry (rabidly so!) are Rodgers fanboys, when the time comes to hold Aaron Rodgers to any kind of accountability/standards. They NEVER do this. There is always... like literally 100% of the time... an excuse to totally absolve him of any fault whatsoever. Or they will do this cheap lip service to accountability and say "umm yeah Rodgers didn't play great," and then add, "but... (*proceeds to place most blame on other stuff, often absolving his bad play due to these external factors*)."
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Much like Aaron Jones said, no longer on the team but always in your head,or something like that…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
30 Sep 2024 12:55
The only thing that's wrong is your take. If he gives a generic coachspeak response, nobody thinks twice about what he says. You can't do anything with a boring non-answer, that's the whole point of non-answers.
why should Rodgers take the blame, Saleh made a stupid comment, that he later back tracked on. Saleh is the reason this Jets offense struggles, maybe a new coach is what the Jets need.

Rodgers can be a jerk or any other feelings you have for him, but he isn't wrong about this, Saleh is/was, if the Cadence hadn't been a problem prior, it's not on Rodgers for it's issues now.

For two, it has nothing to do with what he said about "accountability." It has to do with angrily contradicting your head coach in public.

I saw no anger in his response, if anything frustration, and Saleh called out Rodgers, Rodgers responded to a question that would have never been asked, cept Saleh blamed Rodgers for the offensive woes.

you've twisted this whole thing in order to blame Rodgers.

SAleh needs to take your advice, an quit throwing his players under the bus for his shortcomings, Rodgers doesn't coach that OL, thats Saleh's job to accomplish :thwap:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

musclestang wrote:
30 Sep 2024 13:13
Much like Aaron Jones said, no longer on the team but always in your head,or something like that…
Until the Packers show me something different. Until they prove that they can do more than just beat up on the bad teams and get beat up by the physical teams, Aaron Rodgers is going to be a lot more interesting than any story with the Packers. Sad, but true.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
30 Sep 2024 13:35
musclestang wrote:
Until the Packers show me something different. Until they prove that they can do more than just beat up on the bad teams and get beat up by the physical teams, Aaron Rodgers is going to be a lot more interesting than any story with the Packers. Sad, but true.
how so? the only reason I commented is because Rodgers always gets the blame, I knew this was a Saleh issue right from the start.

this team proved it is more then capable of beating any team in the league a year ago.

what we are witnessing is a very young team with growing pains, and minus 2 of it's 3 starting CB's was bound to have a rough go against a potent offense, add to that a QB who has only played one game since last season, and on a mended knee to boot, I know there's no time for patience, but these are real issues, like last year, we are starting slow, but still think the future is bright. :mrgreen:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

There is a lesson to be learned in this for both coaches and quarterbacks around the league: Nothing good comes from feeding the media in press conferences. I think both Saleh and AR were idiots for engaging in this. The only winners were media outlets who got their clicks from it.

Saleh wasn't gonna solve his penalties OL by talking to the media, and AR responding to it only created more drama. If someone asks about cadences or such specifics, both the coach AND the QB should just say "we'll look at all the things in the film room and will get it fixed".

I guess AR keeps teaching Love things after leaving the team...

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

musclestang wrote:
talk about no win. If he answers he's wrong. If he doesn't he's wrong, if he dances around it he's wrong.
Here's the right way to answer that:

"Yeah, that's something we'll look at. We want everyone to be comfortable with the cadences, at the same time we just need to be careful we're not overreacting to one game."

Simple. Done. No controversy and Rodgers still gets to do a mild push-back.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
30 Sep 2024 13:21
I saw no anger in his response, if anything frustration, and Saleh called out Rodgers, Rodgers responded to a question that would have never been asked, cept Saleh blamed Rodgers for the offensive woes.
The problem always starts at the top. Who's the top of the chain?

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
30 Sep 2024 14:12
musclestang wrote:
Here's the right way to answer that:

"Yeah, that's something we'll look at. We want everyone to be comfortable with the cadences, at the same time we just need to be careful we're not overreacting to one game."

Simple. Done. No controversy and Rodgers still gets to do a mild push-back.
That is a very good way of putting it. But pretty much immediately after 9-10 loss and have to sit up and answer questions, IMO, he didn't really say anything wrong. Or really worthy of controversy. Imagine, a team of players who think accountability for their job is more important than making the standard for their job, lower.

There's only controversy because people love to talk about Rodgers.

You know how many times i've heard a player, coach, etc be asked about pre snap penalties and they all say they need to play better. Period. If Rodgers would say, we need to quit mental mistakes and play better people would go off how he's calling out his offensive line when pretty much every other coach or QB in the league has said exactly that at one point or another and it just passes by without another thought. It's same stuff different day.

Every effin QB in the league uses cadence to pressure a defense to hold long enough not to show, but not too long they don't get a jump on their position. To throw off timing of rushers etc. Every single one. Rodgers isn't special in that regard, he's just been better at it than most. knowing a cadence and snap count isn't rocket science. There's a reason most Olines do just fine with it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

musclestang wrote:
And the tears of his fangirls are always in my tummy! OM NOM NOM!
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The inevitable is upon us…

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I think we all knew this would happen, right?

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Contact aside would be a good get for 31 teams

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Interesting, what team will go for it. Jets obviously will try, probably Chiefs and Chargers but doubt the Raiders trade in the division. Bills, Ravens, 49ers, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Vikings, even Buccaneers possibly

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lake shark wrote:
01 Oct 2024 16:53
Interesting, what team will go for it. Jets obviously will try, probably Chiefs and Chargers but doubt the Raiders trade in the division. Bills, Ravens, 49ers, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Vikings, even Buccaneers possibly
There’s a salary cap impact to comsider, as well. I believe it’s upwards of $25mil this year.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
01 Oct 2024 16:42
I think we all knew this would happen, right?

But his family...
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Actually pretty reasonable contract to deal with, as essentially a 1 year rental.

$10-11 million this year would have to be paid out, then like a couple ~35 million salaries after that, that would never have to be paid. Cut or new contract.

Could make sense for a lot of teams, assuming I’m understanding his contract correctly and none of bonus money would get transferred over in any way.

You’d have to cut him, so no comp pick.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

How do you feel if you are Seattle's defensive mastermind?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/401671491

Read More. Post Less.