Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Sep 2020 14:25
Holy cow; that hurts them big time. They're down to like 5 good players on defense without Barr (Hunter, Ngokwe, Kendricks, and the safeties)
I said it during the trade with MN. It just made no sense to me for the moves they made there. This team was clearly not in a 2020 window. They just weren't.

And all these moves ultimately did was make them harder to be successful for their 2021 - 2023 window.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Sep 2020 19:10
Snarky PFT Headline:
Stefon Diggs had more receiving yards than the Vikings’ whole team today
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 20, 2020, 7:34 PM EDT

The Vikings’ decision to trade their No. 1 wide receiver, Stefon Diggs, did not look wise today.

Diggs, who was traded to the Bills for a haul of draft picks this offseason, was outstanding in Buffalo’s win over Miami today. Diggs caught eight passes for 153 yards and a touchdown, the most receiving yards of any player in the league so far in Week Two.

Without Diggs, the Vikings’ offense is a mess. The Vikings managed just 95 passing yards, with Kirk Cousins gaining 113 through the air but losing 18 on sacks, in today’s loss to the Colts.

It’s too soon to fully assess the Diggs trade, but through two games, he’s a big part of the Bills being 2-0, and his absence is a big part of the Vikings being 0-2.
Yeah, 2 games do not make a career. By the end of next year, Diggs will be bitching in Buffalo. Does it look bad for the Vikings? Yeah. Was Diggs the difference-maker? I don't think so. Even had he still been with the Vikings, they played so poorly the last two games it wouldn't have mattered. But he would be bitching.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Raptorman wrote:
21 Sep 2020 15:47
Yeah, 2 games do not make a career. By the end of next year, Diggs will be bitching in Buffalo. Does it look bad for the Vikings? Yeah. Was Diggs the difference-maker? I don't think so. Even had he still been with the Vikings, they played so poorly the last two games it wouldn't have mattered. But he would be bitching.
I mean of course it's just two games. But if it turns out your QB can't play a whip without Diggs attracting attention and making plays, but Diggs was a frequently unhappy person, so good riddance? :rotf:

I mean, we all knew the defense was undergoing a makeover, but on offense, are there any differences between last year and this year besides subbing Diggs for Jefferson? I guess Stefanski to Kubiak but that wasn't supposed to be a downgrade, right? And suddenly Cousins can't play... connect the dots.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Sep 2020 16:14
Raptorman wrote:
21 Sep 2020 15:47
I mean of course it's just two games. But if it turns out your QB can't play a whip without Diggs attracting attention and making plays, but Diggs was a frequently unhappy person, so good riddance? :rotf:

I mean, we all knew the defense was undergoing a makeover, but on offense, are there any differences between last year and this year besides subbing Diggs for Jefferson? I guess Stefanski to Kubiak but that wasn't supposed to be a downgrade, right? And suddenly Cousins can't play... connect the dots.
Still put up 34 against the Packers. I don't care how they come. 34 points is a lot of points.

I'm not shutting the door on their offense yet.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (15.5 KiB) Viewed 389 times
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Sean Payton wastes so many downs giving the ball to go go gadget boy taysom hill.

Sure his plays are successful some, but I don’t think the positives are worth all the wasted downs.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Week 1:
3 rushes, 13 yards
1 catch, 14 yards
1 for 1 passing, 38 yards

Week 2:
2 rushes, 8 yards

Rushes of 0, 0, 0, 8, 13
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Sep 2020 20:03
Week 1:
3 rushes, 13 yards
1 catch, 14 yards
1 for 1 passing, 38 yards

Week 2:
2 rushes, 8 yards

Rushes of 0, 0, 0, 8, 13
Yeah that pass was the one reason I said “some of his plays...”

Even tho that was pretty much a garbage time gimmick. Game was over at that point.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Sep 2020 19:51
Sean Payton wastes so many downs giving the ball to go go gadget boy taysom hill.

Sure his plays are successful some, but I don’t think the positives are worth all the wasted downs.
Idk last season he came away with a ton of big plays. It’s still early in the season so they’re probably hiding a few things.

Right now the Saints look very beatable.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Sep 2020 21:10
Drj820 wrote:
21 Sep 2020 19:51

Idk last season he came away with a ton of big plays. It’s still early in the season so they’re probably hiding a few things.

Right now the Saints look very beatable.
I do hope the Saints are as penalty-prone vs the Pack as they are in this game. Their O will score on us without that, but their D looks exploitable. We could be in for a high-scoring affair...

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Saints suck outside their dome at full capacity. Never liked overrated gimmicky Payton and his whiny team. I still get triggered when they whine about that PI non call when they had time after that to win if only they had a little composure.

Very happy to see them lose bc of the nfc race, but also bc they are my least favorite team outside of the division.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Between Bryan Edwards and Darren Waller, not to mention getting beat up in the run game, Malcolm Jenkins looks like he can't handle physical play. If they don't move him around too much, sounds like a great opportunity for Lazard to wear him down.

We don't have a Waller but it will be interesting to see if this is a bigger game for Tonyan (or Sternberger).

MVS speed cam be used somewhat like Ruggs' last night, nut assuming he's cleared from concussion protocol, Ervin actually looks more like the guy who could fill that role for all the movement and jet sweep action they used last night.

That felt like a real road map for how to attack the Saints and it will be interesting to see how we approach it and what we do/don't take away from it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think the saints have a couple problems.

1) discipline-very undisciplined team as we saw with all the penalties.

2) drew brees-he started looking washed late in the season TWO years ago. He got injured last year due to the body starting to break down, and now he just looks old. He can still do some nice things, sure. But I wager he is not the scary elite qb he used to be. He’s just an average starter now.

We will have a tough time with kamara and their run game probably...but I think our secondary will hold up fine. I was surprised how well the raiders O did against the Saints d. I agree with YoHo that hopefully we took some notes.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

One interesting thing that I don’t think is getting mentioned enough...that impacts us bc we play the saints this week...

Michael Thomas got hurt bc Sean Payton was trying to run up the score. That game was over. They were up 2 scores and Tampa had no TOs. They had already done there trick play with hill and kamara. The game was completely over.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Sep 2020 17:43
One interesting thing that I don’t think is getting mentioned enough...that impacts us bc we play the saints this week...

Michael Thomas got hurt bc Sean Payton was trying to run up the score. That game was over. They were up 2 scores and Tampa had no TOs. They had already done there trick play with hill and kamara. The game was completely over.
100%

Great point.

I hate that guy.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I remember preferring Payton over McCarthy in 05, boy was I off base with that, Payton backed up that DC of his (?????) that had his guys targeting players too, both total scum bags

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I don’t know if I’d say Aaron’s got snubbed in back to back weeks, but damn, lol.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
23 Sep 2020 08:03

I don’t know if I’d say Aaron’s got snubbed in back to back weeks, but damn, lol.
I don't think so. Allen had a great game this week just as Wilson did last week.

I don't even think Rodgers has had the best two week stretch. That honor belongs to Wilson. Dude is ballin'. Were it not for a tipped ball interception, he'd have a 9/0 TD/INT line along with 610 passing / 68 rushing yards and an 82.5% completion percentage. Carroll is finally letting Russ cook and it's smelling pretty damn good at the moment.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well Aaron Jones lost out to Dak, not Josh Allen. I didn't argue with it, I even said I wouldn't call it a snubbing.

And yes, Russell Wilson has been better than Rodgers through 2 weeks statistically, not sure what that has to do with this argument though. ;)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Ah, when you said Aaron I assumed you meant Rodgers. And yeah, I completely and wrongly cross-referenced Allen into the NFC picture. :oops: