Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2020 08:47
APB wrote:
23 Sep 2020 08:04
Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2020 07:46
our world now seems to revolve around one conspiracy after another, we support supposition over the simpleness of reality, after all reality is often boring and doesn't require very much investigation, and wont sell ink, all this talk of drafting Love to insult and jump start Rodgers is just that, propaganda, the guy has been pissed off for a couple years, so obvious, yet people jump to all kinds of conclusions minus any real merit or truth, the guy has literly asked for some of what we are doing now since 017.
This response from you is hilarious. You speak of conspiracy and denial of reality...all while ignoring what Rodgers himself is saying out loud for all to hear because you have your own narrative you refuse to let go of.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
exactly the type insult I expected from you, par for the course

why would I ever let go of something I strongly believe in because of peer pressure.
I'm sorry, where exactly did I insult you? I simply pointed out the irony of your post.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2020 10:34
Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2020 08:47
APB wrote:
23 Sep 2020 08:04

This response from you is hilarious. You speak of conspiracy and denial of reality...all while ignoring what Rodgers himself is saying out loud for all to hear because you have your own narrative you refuse to let go of.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
exactly the type insult I expected from you, par for the course

why would I ever let go of something I strongly believe in because of peer pressure.
I'm sorry, where exactly did I insult you? I simply pointed out the irony of your post.
you didn't just point out anything, you meant it as a smart ass remark, and you know you did, plus I think you came back and deleted part of your remark.

and I believe what I said, again why would I believe such canned response from a interview? people almost always say what they think others want to hear or stuff to stop confrontational questions, who's calling out Rodgers because he thinks LOVE is the answer? no one.

Let’s start with the running game, which is featuring every bit of Aaron Jones’ athletic ability. The Packers relied heavily on inside and outsize zone running concepts last season. This year, the line is quicker and more fluid by way of reps and continunity, and the backs understand their landmarks. The newish wrinkle, however, is LaFleur mixing in some more split zone and gap schemes. Like the Niners of last year, the Packers are executing multiple run schemes, which has the direct benefit of keeping first- and second-level defenders playing honest. Gap looks different than zone, and hesitation on the front line makes life easier for the Packers up front. It also creates confusion for linebackers and box safeties. Add in the jet and orbit motion with Tyler Ervin and it’s no wonder why we saw the Lions’ defenders running into each other pre-snap.

this is part of a article that explains some of Lafluers run blocking concepts, and pre snap motions, my point is that it doesn't matter what the opposing DC see's when we huddle (you are so out in the woods about that) it only matters if he has enough of the right people to counter the mis matchs Lafluer creates during the pre snap movements our players make.

I already brought this article, however this will make it easier to go to should you actually desire to read ANYTHING I bring

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-ea ... 35498.html

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Message board ruiner strikes again!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

[mention]Yoop[/mention] I'm not sure why you seem to think that it has to be scheme/receiver talent OR Rodgers' headspace and adjustments. It's very obviously both.

We all expected the offense to improve in year two under MLF--based on common sense and on historical precedent both of offenses developing in general and of MLF's year 2 with the same QB specifically.

But we all also noticed that Rodgers didn't seem to be enjoying himself or football the past two years. You made frequent mention of it; you seemed to think he was trying to get people fired, if I remember correctly.

So the fact that the SCHEME and the blocking have improved--the fact that this system requires fewer WRs to simply "win 1-on-1 matchups" as McCarthy's scheme emphasized--matters. But the fact that our QB has made some adjustments to his outlook on life and his mentality approaching things with more positivity also matters. I don't think ANYONE would argue that employee satisfaction has no impact on employee performance in any field.

Many people here who have criticized Rodgers' play over the past couple years, in fact, have specifically questioned his headspace and his approach rather than his physical ability. We think that he's had the capability to play better but has been pushing, pressing--that he's been a little too angry and cocksure to reflect upon his misreads and make improvements.

All of this matters. All of it is having an impact. There's nothing wrong with people hearing an interview and thinking "wow, Rodgers is dialed in, he's enjoying himself, and his happiness and focus are positively impacting his play." It doesn't mean that the MLF scheme and running game aren't behind a lot of the improvement of the offense as a whole. Both things are happening, and it's silly to argue over the chicken and egg here.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i think team chemistry has a lot to do with Rodgers head space too. I specifically remember him being public about how the evolution of the roster at WR was somewhat difficult for him as far as connection to his teammates. He was the young phenom with Jennings, Driver, Jermichael...then he came fully of age with his best friends Jordy and then Cobb.

Only to have those guys leave the team to be replaced with MVS and the young boys. Obviouly Adams did fill a positive void after Jordy in the last couple of seasons, but i remember rodgers mentioning how he doesnt connect with the young boys because he doesnt like fort nite and video games lol.

I think he really like Jamaal, and Aaron Jones, and Adams more than ever, and Bahk, and then the Smith Bros, and he is accepting his role as the OG vet, as opposed to the guy who is going to be buddies with everybody that comes through the door.

Im not sure if McCarthy had an official stance on it, but Lafleur seems to realy embrace letting the guys personalities shine. Jones can wear shades on the sideline down ten, Jamaal can dance all he wants, the Smith bros can do interviews together...the vibe killers seem to have been shown the door and Lafleur seems to be providing an atmosphere that guys enjoy.

I think the new vibe and chemistry has helped Rodgers more than anything.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

He has also specifically said that the QB room has been a lot more fun since Tim Boyle came around and beat reporters say they're always goofing around together at practice

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah I mean I don’t think the vibe turning sour with the last administration is something that shouldn’t have been expected. Lots of good teams, and a long time since that was converted to a title. Year after year something silly happening, or a playoff failure...after lots of winning in the regular season.

Most coaches don’t last as long as MM did in GB. Sometimes things go sour and it doesn’t make Mike a terrible coach, but it was probably best to make a change for everyone. The stale is now new, the coaching philosophy now fresh...everyone seems invigorated.

Everyone seems happier. We know Aaron Jones is considering MM didn’t have the vision to see what he could be. Doesn’t mean Rodgers threw games to get McCarthy fired lol, just means things are fresh now and spirits are high...and we’re seeing a biproduct of good vibes and energy and chemistry on the field on Sundays. It’s great!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Sep 2020 15:08
Yeah I mean I don’t think the vibe turning sour with the last administration is something that shouldn’t have been expected. Lots of good teams, and a long time since that was converted to a title. Year after year something silly happening, or a playoff failure...after lots of winning in the regular season.

Most coaches don’t last as long as MM did in GB. Sometimes things go sour and it doesn’t make Mike a terrible coach, but it was probably best to make a change for everyone. The stale is now new, the coaching philosophy now fresh...everyone seems invigorated.

Everyone seems happier. We know Aaron Jones is considering MM didn’t have the vision to see what he could be. Doesn’t mean Rodgers threw games to get McCarthy fired lol, just means things are fresh now and spirits are high...and we’re seeing a biproduct of good vibes and energy and chemistry on the field on Sundays. It’s great!
Right, I mean Andy Reid wore out his welcome in Philly, as well. It happens

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Great interview here again, particularly at the end when he is talking about the RB's in pass protection. Can tell he is really engaged in his answer. Huber asks the question around 18:50.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

as I said he acts as though he'd been hoping for changes like this for a few seasons, not that these changes are exactly what he expected, however after 20 games in he's adapted well to them, and employing the RB's more in the passing creates mis matches.

I don't think it matters or ever really did just how he would get the running game increased when he said we need to run more several years back under MM, I wish I could find the article but havn't been able to, he said we need to be more balanced, course we all new that because he had to extend plays to the max so McCarthy iso verticals could space out, we all complained that McCarthy would abandon the run, often when the run was producing, Rodgers likes this because we just increased our offensive impact players by about double.

my point was (and always will be) that Rodgers was always capable of what we now see, it was scheme and lack of talent needed in those schemes that held Rodgers back, and led to the complacency the last couple years, :bkw: :bkw:

sure McCarthy changed the depth of the breaks in the iso-verts, added a couple crossers. etc, etc. nothing to challenging that most DC's couldn't scheme to stop unless it was against Adams or the MVS and Lazards made a great play, odds decline.
sure I was going extreme with AR kicking McCarthy out the door, however if the vid AR, was not speaking with fork tongue, he's found LOVE with this scheme and coaches he had lost with Mike and those samo samo schemes for years, someone said he was or looked pissed off during these couple seasons, well imagine that, one of the best ever to play the game wants to accomplish more, if only his coach could design a offense to help him, walla, imo he got his wish, it takes a little time to gain faith with changes we have to make, to me the vid didn't really tell me anything I didn't already feel.

hell so obvious by just viewing the games that he's having more fun now then he has in about 3 or 4 years, or when we should have replaced McCarthy, Ted wasn't to impressive at that point either, hell actually we could have taken a flame thrower to the joint from Murphy on down, nail a couple Bordies while where at it too, Opie, Ted, Mike and Dom in one sweep in the off season of 2016, we'd probably have multiple Super bowls now for sure :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So, zero blame goes to Rodgers, and 100% of the blame goes to everyone else. Rodgers saying he needed to look back at 2011 and changed his game because he found something that was missing, was all complete &%$@?
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 23 Sep 2020 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

il add another factor...the guy spent about three years always dinged up. He missed half a season with a collar bone, then hurt his knee week one against the bears (amazing comeback btw) and didnt practice pretty much the entire season. That had to have killed chemistry with his guys. In addition, in 2016 he strained his calf right before the playoffs which made him a pure shotgun, pocket qb during that run. Keep in mind this was when he was as mobile as anyone in the league.

I hope we continue to see adjustments in his playstyle that lead to longevity, but Lafleur has done a very good job of steering him in that direction.

So along with team vibe, chemistry, drop in talent at WR for a couple seasons, rodgers own mistakes like holding onto the ball too long, not being coachable, blaming others and being too risk adverse...i would wager injuries contributed to him looking bad on the field. Even though he played on sundays, there was a long stretch of time where he never practiced.

His mind seems right, the scheme seems right, the WRs are developing, he has a run game now, he has a good relationship with the coach, and hes been practicing with his boys..it makes sense we are seeing the Rodgers we know and love!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah. I think Rodgers's having an offseason to get his legs back after that injury in 2018 is a bigger deal than we thought. Especially on the accuracy side.

If there are things I am noticing most:

1. He gets the ball out quick (like who is this guy)
2. He is okay dumping the ball off
3. He is actually throwing the middle of the field (I think I heard it was like 80% of attempts on Sunday)
4. His throws are accurate as because he worked on his legs.

His accuracy this year has been really good. That can't be understated enough. It goes beyond decisions.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-qb ... 36869.html

oach Matt LaFleur deserves plenty of credit. Receivers are open on time in large part due to clever play designs that are stressing defenses both before and after the snap. Pre-snap motion, varied personnel groupings, bunched formations and natural pick plays have come together to create easy, on-time throws for Rodgers through two ga

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Sep 2020 16:20

oach Matt LaFleur deserves plenty of credit. Receivers are open on time in large part due to clever play designs that are stressing defenses both before and after the snap. Pre-snap motion, varied personnel groupings, bunched formations and natural pick plays have come together to create easy, on-time throws for Rodgers through two ga
Like Ben Fennel says.

"offense doesn't need to be hard."
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yoop wrote:
24 Sep 2020 16:20

Thanks for sharing. You know, before the NFL opener, I was talking with a coworker about how much of a pleasure it is to watch KC, but frustrating. They always seem to have someone open, hell, a lot of teams seem to have someone open all the time. It just seemed like so much work to find an open WR in the last couple years. Happy for the way things are going, hope that ball keeps coming out quick and finding players in space. Love it!
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

thing is though imho what we see happening now on offense is hard, in fact so hard that only a few teams are able to do it, and they have the best QB's in the league to do it with, when you shorten the pitch point typically the coverages are tighter, everything happens fast which requires precise timing, imo thats what I think where seeing now, all 3 of Jones Ervin and Williams compliment Adams and the WR's more now, it's a numbers thing we now field to many impact receivers to defend, as long as we can retain this advantage DC will be forced to play max coverage packages leaving themselves vulnerable to the run and PA.

this is the type offense we all wanted McCarthy to design ( I did) for years now, but no one more then Aaron Rodgers, and he's proving that every week.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Sep 2020 17:35
thing is though imho what we see happening now on offense is hard, in fact so hard that only a few teams are able to do it, and they have the best QB's in the league to do it with, when you shorten the pitch point typically the coverages are tighter, everything happens fast which requires precise timing, imo thats what I think where seeing now, all 3 of Jones Ervin and Williams compliment Adams and the WR's more now, it's a numbers thing we now field to many impact receivers to defend, as long as we can retain this advantage DC will be forced to play max coverage packages leaving themselves vulnerable to the run and PA.

this is the type offense we all wanted McCarthy to design ( I did) for years now, but no one more then Aaron Rodgers, and he's proving that every week.
And his supporting cast is also capable of doing it.

It's just really cool to see it all working together.

Also incredibly early. But the first two weeks were amazing.

As for challenging...I think it has more to do with who the offensive coaches are. I don't put Jared Goff or Jimmy Goropplo in that elite quarterback group. Heck. I don't put them in the top ten and yet they have for spurts also run this style of offense to the best performing in the league.

That's why a lot of us were intrigued with the MLF hire. We wanted someone from that tree because we wanted trips bunch. We wanted defenders to have to get through the trash on crossers.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
24 Sep 2020 17:35

Weren’t all those guys on the roster last year? And all but Ervin the year before?