Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2020 18:32
Yoop wrote:
24 Sep 2020 17:35
thing is though imho what we see happening now on offense is hard, in fact so hard that only a few teams are able to do it, and they have the best QB's in the league to do it with, when you shorten the pitch point typically the coverages are tighter, everything happens fast which requires precise timing, imo thats what I think where seeing now, all 3 of Jones Ervin and Williams compliment Adams and the WR's more now, it's a numbers thing we now field to many impact receivers to defend, as long as we can retain this advantage DC will be forced to play max coverage packages leaving themselves vulnerable to the run and PA.

this is the type offense we all wanted McCarthy to design ( I did) for years now, but no one more then Aaron Rodgers, and he's proving that every week.
Weren’t all those guys on the roster last year? And all but Ervin the year before?
I don't know what you're talking about APB. It's all about scheme. Always has been about scheme.

Scheme. Scheme. Scheme. Scheme.

Been seeing it for years. Talent was always there. ;)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

sure we had the same personal, we all have read how there now used differently, and we see it each week, as I said we went from a very basic mano mano 1 on 1 offensive pass scheme to this one that emphasizes motion and disguise, when your moving guys around the backfield , up into the slot, bunching and stacking draws more defenders creating one on one mismatches on the other side, NE and Brady been doing it longer then anyone.
obviously non are identical, but the concepts of halfing the field (bunching up one side) to gain favorable 1 on 1's on the other is about the same, using Rb's in receiver rolls is also old stuff now revisited, as I said imo it's the easiet way to increase scoring players ( impact players) on the field on the same play, as we should remember from the Favre shorter west coast system, the only difference between a run or pass in short yardage to a RB is on one play the RB gets a hand off, the other he gets a pass, as I said, Rodgers has wanted to get the RB's more involved for a few years, I'am sure he wants to pad his stats with a pass, but I doubt thats the main reason, he simply wanted more production from the position.

I'am convinced beyond doubt that most of what Lafluer is doing is what Rodgers has wanted for years, if you remember he was laying accolades on Brady 3 or 4 years ago, and not just about his tan, it was about how he had near perfected the NE offense, which was similiar to this one.

who here didn't think AR and McCarthy where banging heads the last couple years? it was so obvious, ya all got on Rodgers for over extending plays, route concepts that McCarthy and his receivers coaches drew up, course we could only keep one certifiable receivers coach for most of McCarthy's tenure, why? because NO one else certifiable would take the job and have to cave to the same iso verts McCarthy was so stubborn not to change.

all this talk of he had to look back to the past to find out what he was doing wrong stuff is mostly out house ass whip, who here doesn't think players do this stuff practically every off season, not everyone is named Eddie Lacy for God sakes lol, sure I don't doubt for a minute that with all thats happened the last few years he had to look inside, take inventory, and correct what he thought could be done better, but it's been so over blown it's border line insanity, AR was always capable of this, McCarthy wasn't, coaching matters.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Honest statement: I’m not even sure what you’re arguing anymore, Yoop.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2020 20:55
Honest statement: I’m not even sure what you’re arguing anymore, Yoop.
whos arguing, my first post was simply a statement, the receivers dropped passes and where always more of a problem then Rodgers,and I wasn't buying all this media talk, you and several others are the ones arguing

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
I’m not even sure what you’re arguing anymore, Yoop.
Yoop wrote:
24 Sep 2020 22:51
whos arguing, you and several others are the ones arguing
Any chance you guys are Monty Python fans ?

https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
25 Sep 2020 10:26
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

:lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 10:39
BSA wrote:
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

That's funny.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
25 Sep 2020 13:07
That's funny.
image.gif
image.gif (1.06 MiB) Viewed 535 times

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 14:16
NCF wrote:
That's funny.
image.gif
100% what I thought of as I posted that. :lol:

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 10:39
BSA wrote:

That's funny.
No it isn’t... :lol:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

QB controversy :shock: :box: :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Aaron dropping the facts on the Pat McAfee Show. He just said that a down year for him is a career year for most QB's. He ain't lyin' folks!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
06 Oct 2020 13:13
Aaron dropping the facts on the Pat McAfee Show. He just said that a down year for him is a career year for most QB's. He ain't lyin' folks!

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

HAHA! Was just about to post that. Amazing. I love it. Some will call it cocky. I call it truth.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Lol he's like a brand new QB this year

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2020 13:35
paco wrote:
If you're analyzing strictly off of the stat lines, this is true. But when AR is in a funk, he has looked every bit as lost as the most pedestrian QB out there. 2016-2018 provided plenty of examples of passer rating telling a different story than what we saw on the field.

Regardless, I'm glad he's back and kicking ass now. On the stat sheet and on the film....

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah there is no doubt Rodgers was a 15th place or so QB 2018 and probably 7th to 9th place QB in 2019.

I mean that's still good for a lot players sure. But we also got and accomplished what you would expect with a QB playing at that level. We were a competitive team in 2018 that lost a lot of games and and a top 4 NFL team in 2019 because we had amazing talent on defense, RB and WR.

What are you seeing this year is us being a top team because Rodgers is playing at a top level. Now if our defense returns to 2019 form....we have to be favorites for the entire thing.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Captain_Ben wrote:
06 Oct 2020 14:07
BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2020 13:35
paco wrote:
If you're analyzing strictly off of the stat lines, this is true. But when AR is in a funk, he has looked every bit as lost as the most pedestrian QB out there. 2016-2018 provided plenty of examples of passer rating telling a different story than what we saw on the field.

Regardless, I'm glad he's back and kicking ass now. On the stat sheet and on the film....
I mean what we saw on the field between those years was a bad scheme that didn’t get guys open and didn’t value the run game much. It also had really bad defenses where if the offense didnt score they would lose badly. When that’s the case you have to do everything you can to stay ahead and sometimes it’s still not gonna be enough.

You guys think Rodgers really got bad out of nowhere? Is it really such a surprise that the offense looked significantly harder than anyone else’s in the league under MM and now he’s in Dallas where (shocker) their offense looks like everything is really hard to achieve. The league adjusted to MMs scheme and passed him and he never adapted. It was cool in 2011 when they did the max protect corner post route but honest to god I never saw that play work again after that against any team that was semi decent.

Bow down to the God you disrespectful people.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MM"s offense in Dallas:

Passing - 1st in Yards
Rushing - 10th in yards
Total Offense - 1st

Total Points Offense - 3rd.

I mean I think MM's offense is doing okay.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2020 18:52
MM"s offense in Dallas:

Passing - 1st in Yards
Rushing - 10th in yards
Total Offense - 1st

Total Points Offense - 3rd.

I mean I think MM's offense is doing okay.
Padded stats are easy when youre always playing from behind.

Theyre 18th in first half points.

When you look at Daks stats he has 370 passing yards in the 1st quarter, 333 in the 2nd quarter, 356 in the 3rd quarter, and a whopping 631 in the 4th quarter because theyre always playing in a game that is essentially already lost unless of course you are the Falcons.
Last edited by lupedafiasco on 06 Oct 2020 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Cancelled by the forum elites.