Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints GDT - 9/27 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who you got?

Packers put up 40+ again
35%
Brees can't throw 40+ anymore
32%
MVS with two catches of 40+ yards
11%
We hold Kamara to under 40+ yards
No votes
Rodgers is still our QB at 40+ years old
22%

Total votes: 37

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Ghost pepper chili, baby.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

A glimmer of hope? Or simply keeping the NO coaching staff guessing?
The Green Bay Packers will give star wide receiver Davante Adams up until game time Sunday night to recover from his hamstring injury and prove that he can play against the New Orleans Saints, a team source tells ESPN.

Adams is officially listed as doubtful, and the source told ESPN that it's "unlikely" he will play. But the source also said that if Adams can prove he can run full speed in pregame warm-ups on Sunday night, the Packers would allow him to play.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/299 ... night-game

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
27 Sep 2020 06:45
A glimmer of hope? Or simply keeping the NO coaching staff guessing?
The Green Bay Packers will give star wide receiver Davante Adams up until game time Sunday night to recover from his hamstring injury and prove that he can play against the New Orleans Saints, a team source tells ESPN.

Adams is officially listed as doubtful, and the source told ESPN that it's "unlikely" he will play. But the source also said that if Adams can prove he can run full speed in pregame warm-ups on Sunday night, the Packers would allow him to play.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/299 ... night-game
I would say hope. He is one of the few who doesn't need the practice to show up and perform.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Michael Thomas is out.

This should be a mismatch our secondary needs to take advantage of. Our corners are better than their WRs. This is a game where we need to rely on Alexander and Kevin King to win their one on one matchups so we can have our safeties put extra men in the box to stop Kamara.

I also expect a lot of Raven Greene and Will Redmond tonight.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 23:08
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 21:00
No one would ever suggest the loss of Adams is, "not that big of a loss." APB and gpg sure didn't. He's a loss, a big one, but one we can survive. Rodgers was a better 2019 QB without him because he was forced to hit the open man instead of rely one 1 elite WR.
I’ve heard it from plenty of no nothings, but I said specifically I haven’t heard it put that way from people here.

If the convo is that it’s a big loss, but we can still find a way to do well on offense and beat the saints...then I agree!

But I would not think it’s a fact that Rodgers was a better qb without Adams. I think the game plans were forced to evolve faster. I think Jones was allowed to show what he can do because of Adams absence. But I think Jones could have shown us that even with Adams still playing.

I disagree that Rodgers was only looking at WR1 before Adams injury. If you remember, before the eagles game...Adams even made a friendly comment about needing the ball more. We had opened up against 3 great defenses.

The bears where Adams had 4 catches for under 40 yards.

The Vikings where Adams had a good game of 7 catches for over 100 yards.

And denver where Adams went 4 for 56 yards.

Now during the eagles game Adams was absolutely feasting. They could not stop him! He was leading us toward a victory in a track meet before he got hurt.

But I think Rodgers success in the next 4 games without Adams was more of a function of playing the Cowboys trash D, the Raiders trash D, the Lions in a sloppy nailbiter, and the chiefs in a great game/great win.

I just think the offense looking poorer to start was more brand new system/MUCH better defenses than Rodgers was a better qb without davante bc he had to look to other options. 2 of 4 games before he got hurt, Adams wasn’t very involved at all.
Aaron Rodgers in weeks 5-8 without Adams - 94 of 137, 68.6% Completion, 1255 yards, 10 TDs, 1 INT, 118.7 QB Rating
Aaron Rodgers in weeks 1-4 with Adams - 91 of 146, 62.3% Completions, 1069 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 95.4 QB Rating
Aaron Rodgers in week 9-19 with Adams - 168 of 286, 58.7% Completion, 1678 yards, 10 TDs, 2 INTs, 84.2 QB Rating
Aaron Rodger in total with Adams - 258 or 432, 59.7% Completion, 2747 yards, 16 TDs, 3 INTs, 87.8 QB Rating

Yes, Rodgers was a better Quarterback in those 4 games without Adams compared to games with Adams.

No one stated that Rodgers was ONLY looking at Adams for Adams' injury.

The Cowboys had the 9th & 11th best defense in 2019, yards and points respectively. Lions 26th & 31st. Raiders 19th & 24th. Chiefs 17th & 7th. The defenses faced do not account for the large discrepancy between Rodgers' play with Adams and without Adams.

Rodgers was forced to do things differently, spread the ball around, and step up to make up for the loss of Adams. We are seeing that type of play to start this year as well, but with Adams.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I'm feeling a big win. This will be a solid test because one would think New Orleans along with Seattle as it currently stands are our main competition in the NFC. Also, NO has beaten us pretty badly routinely going back to like 2014. Also, all of the historic trends are apparently in their favor. But I just get the feeling that we're the team this year, so I think we are going to put on a show. Either that or Minnesota and Detroit are just that bad, which is definitely possible.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Adams and Clark are both out

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
27 Sep 2020 17:53
Adams and Clark are both out
I think Clark is the bigger deal to be honest.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Sep 2020 08:13
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2020 08:05
I am 100% sure Clark won’t play. I’m about 75% Adams doesn’t.
Cool speculation, bro; way to make it sound like evidence with numbers.
Wasn’t my speculation cool bro. The conservative nature of our medical staff has been well documented.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Having no Clark is going to be awfully tough.

Also, if Dallas wins this in Seattle, the Packers have a shot to be the only undefeated NFC team with.....the Bears. :shock:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2020 18:34
Having no Clark is going to be awfully tough.

Also, if Dallas wins this in Seattle, the Packers have a shot to be the only undefeated NFC team with.....the Bears. :shock:
I still can’t believe the Bears won that. This has to be the luckiest team I’ve seen in a while between this meltdown, the Swift drop, and scooting by the Giants last week.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just so everyone knows. [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] needs Alvin Kamara to do well in our dynasty league to beat me. I need Aaron Rodgers to do well to beat him.

You know who to root for.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Aaron Rodgers all the way! 5 passing TDs! 3 total TDs for Jones!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let’s go baby!!!

This is an absolute must win game. This will determine if we are real super bowl contenders or if we should consider starting the Jordan Love era.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Good morning, folks!

Ready to overreact like crazy.

:worship:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Okay time to crush the Saints.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here we go! Going to be a tough game, but let's get this one!

Trade Rodgers if we don't win this must win game!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Good start for the D.