Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints GDT - 9/27 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who you got?

Packers put up 40+ again
35%
Brees can't throw 40+ anymore
32%
MVS with two catches of 40+ yards
11%
We hold Kamara to under 40+ yards
No votes
Rodgers is still our QB at 40+ years old
22%

Total votes: 37

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Rodgers is the main difference maker to the last couple of years. He's more accurate recently. Plus he finally understood his reduced role instead of overtrying to extent plays: sometimes less is more.

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

here's another amazing stat, and another reason why we are 3-0. After three games we do not have a turnover. Turned over on downs twice, but no turnovers.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Remember when they said that the Packers were stupid for not using a high draft pick to get Rogers a receiver, then they had a big game with the number 1 receiver out and it didn't matter the Packers won anyway. The Coach and the GM know a lot more than fantasy football wanna be GM fans.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
28 Sep 2020 01:30
Rodgers is the main difference maker to the last couple of years. He's more accurate recently. Plus he finally understood his reduced role instead of overtrying to extent plays: sometimes less is more.

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
But the real question....does this game make us contenders? Or are we still just pretenders? ;)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just find it so exciting at how every week someone else on this offense steps up.

1. Week 1 - Davante Adams. So are we relying too much on Davante? Aaron played great, but MVS had some drops! How come we didn't target the TE's at all!

2. Week 2 - Aaron Jones. Okay so we can play without Adams but that's because we need to ride the back of Aaron Jones. Sternberger can't catch sh*t and it's clear we just don't have the talent with our TE's or big WRs.

3. Week 3 - Saints focus to stop Aaron Jones and MVS....offense produces points primarily from the backs of Allen Lazard and the TE's.

I mean what more can you want from a fan? Literally a different group steps up each week.

And I am telling you guys that these Lazard plays were huge because NO's didn't respect him. They gave attention to MVS but not Lazard and Allen made them pay by getting behind the defense twice. This just gives more things for opponents to consider.

Awesome, awesome performance..
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2020 06:43
I just find it so exciting at how every week someone else on this offense steps up.

1. Week 1 - Davante Adams. So are we relying too much on Davante? Aaron played great, but MVS had some drops! How come we didn't target the TE's at all!

2. Week 2 - Aaron Jones. Okay so we can play without Adams but that's because we need to ride the back of Aaron Jones. Sternberger can't catch sh*t and it's clear we just don't have the talent with our TE's or big WRs.

3. Week 3 - Saints focus to stop Aaron Jones and MVS....offense produces points primarily from the backs of Allen Lazard and the TE's.

I mean what more can you want from a fan? Literally a different group steps up each week.

And I am telling you guys that these Lazard plays were huge because NO's didn't respect him. They gave attention to MVS but not Lazard and Allen made them pay by getting behind the defense twice. This just gives more things for opponents to consider.

Ervin made a few nice plays himself, still a rookie wr had a big game last week( Hopkins), and somewhere I saw that Jefferson did well for Minny this week, and Love is a inactive, doesn't even have a clip board, can't tell me that that was a great draft choice, chances are we'll never see him play unless he can some how beat out Boyle, Lazard stepped up and had a great game, so did Rodgers, as did a few others

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2020 06:56
go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2020 06:43

Ervin made a few nice plays himself, still a rookie wr had a big game last week( Hopkins), and somewhere I saw that Jefferson did well for Minny this week, and Love is a inactive, doesn't even have a clip board, can't tell me that that was a great draft choice, chances are we'll never see him play unless he can some how beat out Boyle, Lazard stepped up and had a great game, so did Rodgers, as did a few others
I'm sorry yoop. I don't comprehend what you are talking about here.

But go Packers. :)
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2020 07:51
He's pointing out that our draft picks are not contributing to our success and around the league, some rookie contributions are beginning to step up (huge day yesterday for rookie WRs Jefferson and Tee Higgins). So basically, he's saying that while the team is doing great, he still believes that a better/different draft that focused on more immediate contributors could have sured up some of our weaknesses.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2020 08:05
go pak go wrote:
He's pointing out that our draft picks are not contributing to our success and around the league, some rookie contributions are beginning to step up (huge day yesterday for rookie WRs Jefferson and Tee Higgins). So basically, he's saying that while the team is doing great, he still believes that a better/different draft that focused on more immediate contributors could have sured up some of our weaknesses.
That can’t be argued. I wasn’t for a WR early. I said leading up to the draft we already had a #1 in a run heavy scheme. We didn’t need to go WR early although I still think they should have gotten something develop in the later rounds.

The run defense though needed to be addressed and it’s rearing it’s ugly head 3 games into the season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
That's sortta what I figured.

I don't know how anyone can look me in the eye and say we have a weakness on this offense. We just played a Saints defense at full strength less our All Pro WR. Our Right side of the Oline being different for the 3rd week in a row. The Saints holding our rushing attack....and still put up 37 points.

I just don't know how else this Packers offense can make you happy. This is literally the most complete offense I have ever seen of my Green Bay Packers.

So many weapons.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Sep 2020 08:10
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
That can’t be argued. I wasn’t for a WR early. I said leading up to the draft we already had a #1 in a run heavy scheme. We didn’t need to go WR early although I still think they should have gotten something develop in the later rounds.

The run defense though needed to be addressed and it’s rearing it’s ugly head 3 games into the season.
Absolutely. Will Redmond and our run defense is by far the weakest spot on this team. No question.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Savage was our best performing safety yesterday. Adrian Amos had the only bad slip on the Kamara run.

But I thought Darnell Sage played a great game. We need to get Raven Greene in though ahead of Wil Redmond. Heck. I hope Vernon Scott starts turning more heads.

I feel like this defense is identical to last year for the exception of no production from the Smith boys.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I don't know how anyone can look me in the eye and say we have a weakness on this offense. We just played a Saints defense at full strength less our All Pro WR. Our Right side of the Oline being different for the 3rd week in a row. The Saints holding our rushing attack....and still put up 37 points.

I just don't know how else this Packers offense can make you happy. This is literally the most complete offense I have ever seen of my Green Bay Packers.

So many weapons.
I don’t particularly this is the most talented offense but it is the best scheme we’ve had here in a long time. Tons of pick plays and misdirection creation easy offense. Gone are the days when MMs horrible schemes made everything look so hard.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Know what is the best part, you can not predict the play based on the formation unlike MM's stale last 2 + seasons.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:

So many weapons.
Not the time to complain about the team in my opinion, but objectively...we got NOTHING from our first 6 draft picks last night.

One can’t say that it wouldn’t have helped if a rookie in the first few rounds like Jenkins wasn’t playing for Turner last night, or a fast WR wasn’t playing in MVS spot. Or on the DL lowry was out of the game bc we drafted someone like Kinlaw at DL, or my favorite Patrick Queen at ILB.

So basically while I am in no mood to gripe at the offense...we certainly could have more fire power available to us on both sides of the ball.

I credit Rodgers for playing within Lafleurs amazing schemes and the rest of the O for executing.

I mean that play design where Lazard busted open deep was amazing. He doesn’t take it to the house because he lacked the speed, but he didn’t need a lot of speed to spring open because it was a beautiful play call, and he executed it beautifully within his abilities.

Again, I’m not whining about the draft after that win last night, but we absolutely could have fewer weaknesses if we were gonna get any help at all from our first 6 rounds of the draft this year.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:

So many weapons.
first, I'am happy with this win, however when you say we have no weakness on offense I disagree, we could have used slot 26 on either OL or DL, a better G/T would help the run game which NO basically stopped for most of the 1st half, or one of the WR's, and slot 144 (4th ????) on any position, Love cost us talent we sure could use on this team.

Plus we didn't have last years first, granted due to injury, still thats 2 top draft picks that didn't help us against one of the best teams we'll face this season, and this game could have went either way at the end.
we got a few sacks, what we've been failing to get is consistent pressure, which I consider more important then sacks in the overall ability to create turnovers and the destruction of a offenses game plan

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Sep 2020 08:17
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

So many weapons.
I don’t particularly this is the most talented offense but it is the best scheme we’ve had here in a long time. Tons of pick plays and misdirection creation easy offense. Gone are the days when MMs horrible schemes made everything look so hard.
To be honest, it still feels weird to have the RBs as a clear strength on our team. And not just one RB. I guess I've been conditioned by the years and years of pass-first mentality and talent.

Glad LaFleur realizes what he has and schemes accordingly. With these WRs, MM's "we'll get ya 1-1s and go beat your man" just wouldn't work. LaFleur looking like a helluva hire.

I'm sure if we had drafted a WR in round 1 we'd be 4-0 already, Covid would be cured and there would be peace on Earth, but meanwhile I'm pretty OK with what we've seen so far.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
28 Sep 2020 08:37
lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Sep 2020 08:17
go pak go wrote:

So many weapons.
To be honest, it still feels weird to have the RBs as a clear strength on our team. And not just one RB. I guess I've been conditioned by the years and years of pass-first mentality and talent.

Glad LaFleur realizes what he has and schemes accordingly. With these WRs, MM's "we'll get ya 1-1s and go beat your man" just wouldn't work. LaFleur looking like a helluva hire.

I'm sure if we had drafted a WR in round 1 we'd be 4-0 already, Covid would be cured and there would be peace on Earth, but meanwhile I'm pretty OK with what we've seen so far.
Yeah I really think their development has taken pressure off a WR corps minus Adams. Teams must plan for them. The rb room is amazing. Jones is elite, and the way Williams is playing this year I fully expect him to be a starter next year on another team if we don’t keep him. Ervin is such a nice weapon bc the way he always shifts and goes in motions, teams have to take their eyes off a WR to account for what he is about to do. The RB room is amazing and a big part of this Offense taking off!!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Our offensive system is what I want our defensive system to be.

It don't matter who is in there, this unit can win games.

It just sucks that our defense has such blazing weak spots that it spots the opponents 14 points a game.

I can't really get too upset on the draft picks.

Love is exactly where we thought he would be. We can bitch about it and sure there may have been someone else. I wanted the LSU linebacker or that defensive linemen. Would have helped? Maybe. But we were saying the same thing in 2005 until we realized it didn't matter in 2005 anymore because the team sucked. I am not going down the Jordan Love rabbit hole.

AJ Dillon...it was suprising he wasn't used some. We had a lot of short field plays where I thought his services would be nice and we just didn't use him. That was weird.

Deguara is hurt. Nobody can fault that.

The 4th rounder was lost which I really hate about the Love pick. Not gonna lie about that.

The 5th rounder is hurt.

But I just don't have expectations of rookies. I don't. It's nice when they suprise you, but that is really all I view rookies.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2020 08:16
I feel like this defense is identical to last year for the exception of no production from the Smith boys.
I think the way they're using Z in Clark's absence is going to eliminate a lot of his production. Preston Smith was doing a nice job of limiting the pocket and looking better than his blocker, but just wasn't getting home. I think Preston had a solid game, really. But Z liming up in that little "standing over the C" thing really gets him caught up in the wash and easily doubled where Clark would be. It's a weird and not particularly effective way to cope with Clark's absence, but it's possible that NOT putting him in there was even worse than doing so.

So I'm not super concerned about the Smiths.