Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints GDT - 9/27 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who you got?

Packers put up 40+ again
35%
Brees can't throw 40+ anymore
32%
MVS with two catches of 40+ yards
11%
We hold Kamara to under 40+ yards
No votes
Rodgers is still our QB at 40+ years old
22%

Total votes: 37

bobsacamano
Reactions:

Post by bobsacamano »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2020 09:15
Did Lattimore shadow MVS?

I basically heard nothing from either of them. And while that means Lattimore clearly won, taking out their best cover corner to free up everyone who wasn't being covered by Malcolm Jenkins is a pretty solid day's work.
go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2020 09:18
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2020 09:15
Did Lattimore shadow MVS?

I basically heard nothing from either of them. And while that means Lattimore clearly won, taking out their best cover corner to free up everyone who wasn't being covered by Malcolm Jenkins is a pretty solid day's work.
Rodgers said the Saints had a safety also give attention to MVS to ensure he couldn't beat them.

Part of the reason why Lazard was so open on his two routes.

Rodgers also missed MVS on like 2-3 throws.

One of Lazard's long receptions was with Lattimore in coverage.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bobsacamano wrote:
28 Sep 2020 10:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Sep 2020 22:56
Really good regular season win! Best one since beating up on Dallas in their house.
IDK, I've reeally appreciated MLF going 3-0 vs Zimmer. Including 2 wins at US Bankrupt.
Yup.

Best win of the Green Bay Packers in the MLF era was December 23 IMO on the road. Especially when we did it while sucking on offense that first half. I mean it couldn't have gone worse for us on offense that first half.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2020 06:35
But the real question....does this game make us contenders? Or are we still just pretenders? ;)
Oh yeah, last years mantra. :) This year it's easy (for me): we are SB contenders...and the (main) reason is #12 being his old self so far. Something in me still correlates his "bad years" with Olivia Munn, God bless the witch is gone. :woohoo: :box:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bobsacamano wrote:
28 Sep 2020 10:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Sep 2020 22:56
Really good regular season win! Best one since beating up on Dallas in their house.
IDK, I've reeally appreciated MLF going 3-0 vs Zimmer. Including 2 wins at US Bankrupt.
The one last December was special and one of my favorite games in recent memory.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
28 Sep 2020 11:08
The one last December was special and one of my favorite games in recent memory.
MLF is 6-0 versus my four most-hated teams--Bears, Vikings, Saints, and Cowboys.

MLF is 5-0 in games without Davante Adams

MLF is 8-0 in the division

MLF is 9-1 at home (including playoffs)

MLF is 0-2 against the 49ers, and that's really the only drawback thus far.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This tweet cracked me up.

Sean Payton couldn’t help himself with the gimmicks. Hope he keeps it up!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2020 11:19
NCF wrote:
28 Sep 2020 11:08
MLF is 6-0 versus my four most-hated teams--Bears, Vikings, Saints, and Cowboys.

MLF is 5-0 in games without Davante Adams

MLF is 8-0 in the division

MLF is 9-1 at home (including playoffs)

MLF is 0-2 against the 49ers, and that's really the only drawback thus far.
MLF is 0-3 in California.
MLF is 0-1 when go pak go is in attendance.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

MLF is 5-0 vs Zimmer, Reid and Carroll
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Look, so everyone has been trashing the tendency to let the play clock tick all the way down too often....

So Rodgers says in his post-game interview that on the free play...
  • Collinsworth was right; Rodgers was going to call timeout
  • Rodgers had noticed that the Saints were timing up their rushes/blitzes with the play clock as a result of Rodgers letting it tick down
  • So Rodgers gave a hard count at the last second before calling a timeout hoping to get them timing up the clock to get out of a play he didn't like.
Look, that is amazing playing off of tendencies, two-way street (Saints playing his, him playing theirs) and twisting a situation to our advantage. He easily could have gotten up to the line, seen the defense, not like the play, and call the TO with no drama. But he decided to game it out a little and take advantage of one of his strengths and an observation made about the Saints. If it works, free play. If not, the clock has bled and they use a timeout to get a better play.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Through 3 games, here's my Packer player stock report (from mostly my expectations)

WAY UP
Lazard
Jaire - Was already high but he's top CB in the league material right now.
Keke
Tonyan
Patrick
Barnes

UP
Sternberger - Hoping this game gave him the confidence and this is the start of big things to come.
Lewis - Has always been under-used in the passing game in my mind.
Wagner
J. Williams
Burks
Summers - Both he and Burks showed something in the game. Need work, but these guys can be players.
Sullivan
Winn - Good add. Team was better with him on the field, even for only 6 snaps.

DOWN
Lancaster
Lowry
Amos
Savage
Kirksey - Not as down on him as many, but probably more upside with Summers and Burks.
Smiths - Just a little down. Expected a bit more from them to this point, even with tough Saints matchup.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

WRs: 7 catches, 151 yards, 1 TD; Two players with catches (Ervin not considered here)
TEs: 9 catches, 104 yards, 2 TDs; Three players with catches
RBs: 5 catches, 28 yards, 0 TDs; Three players with catches (Ervin considered here)

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Yoop wrote:
27 Sep 2020 22:43
we need to conduct a tackling seminar, invite a couple HS DB's to show these guys how it's done :lol:

tough game, great win
THIS!!!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Haven't read through the whole game thread, but do you know who caught my eye last night? Garvin. I thought he showed some flashes filling in for Gary. I hope they continue to find ways to get him a few snaps here and there because that kid can play.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Well, its the day after. Hard to argue with the results, but how is everyone feeling about the decision to start Billy Turner over Rick Wagner (or Lucas Patrick). I really, really thought Wagner was the one locked into the spot and the decision came down to Turner or Patrick, but apparently not the case.

I didn't think Turner was good, but after the first handful of snaps, I didn't think he was bad, either.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
28 Sep 2020 12:55
Well, its the day after. Hard to argue with the results, but how is everyone feeling about the decision to start Billy Turner over Rick Wagner (or Lucas Patrick). I really, really thought Wagner was the one locked into the spot and the decision came down to Turner or Patrick, but apparently not the case.

I didn't think Turner was good, but after the first handful of snaps, I didn't think he was bad, either.
I was surprised to see him start. And that's Turner.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
28 Sep 2020 12:53
Haven't read through the whole game thread, but do you know who caught my eye last night? Garvin. I thought he showed some flashes filling in for Gary. I hope they continue to find ways to get him a few snaps here and there because that kid can play.
Wish I would have noticed him more, but that's on me.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Looking back on the game, why was Darrius Shepherd ahead of Malik Taylor on offense? Didn't Shepherd originally get cut in favor of Taylor?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
28 Sep 2020 12:35
DOWN
Lancaster
Lowry
Amos
Savage
Kirksey - Not as down on him as many, but probably more upside with Summers and Burks.
Smiths - Just a little down. Expected a bit more from them to this point, even with tough Saints matchup.
Add Will Redmond to the DOWN list or make him a WAY DOWN list.

I cannot understand why he played ahead of Greene. It's hard to imagine any NFL caliber player having been a downgrade when subbed in for last night's performance. Whenever something good happened for the Saints, #25 was awfully nearby... or far away on the ground where the Saints used to be

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2020 09:19
go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2020 09:17
The one positive I had about Clark going down during this stint is it will hopefully allow someone else to step up (meaning Adams and Keke primarily).
I'm still hoping this stint will prove to the team that they need to bring in a vet, though I get it takes two to tango.
"Don't worry! We have Billy Winn now!" he said sarcastically

:rotf:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi