2020 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Trade Bait:

Carlos Hyde (Carson Gone, run heavy offense)
Lazard (The Man)

Looking for draft picks.

Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Really wish we had more IR spots, with the new rule players are getting placed on it like cars through a McDonald's drive thru.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
28 Jul 2020 12:19
Suck it up, use your knowledge and gut, and make the tough choices.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
29 Sep 2020 15:47
Really wish we had more IR spots, with the new rule players are getting placed on it like cars through a McDonald's drive thru.
That's a great reason NOT to have more IR slots; begs to be abused.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Brings more luck into it, for sure.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We should consider some kind of realignment at some point.

I'm beating Trudge by like 1 point on the season, if I wasn't, all the top 5 scorers would be in Division 2

Perhaps it matters not, but at the same time, if no one in our division are in the top 4, let alone top 5 scores, that isn't really putting the best teams in the playoffs.

Just a thought.

image.png
image.png (55.89 KiB) Viewed 428 times

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
30 Sep 2020 10:38
Perhaps it matters not, but at the same time, if no one in our division are in the top 4, let alone top 5 scores, that isn't really putting the best teams in the playoffs.
It's way too early to start thinking about anything like that, but worth keeping an eye on.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yeah, it has been that way for a bit. 3rd place in D2 last year had 400 more points than any team in D1. BTP, who had more points than anyone in D1, finished 4th in D2 and did not get to the dance.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
30 Sep 2020 10:56
BF004 wrote:
30 Sep 2020 10:38
It's way too early to start thinking about anything like that, but worth keeping an eye on.
Not just from 3 weeks, but this has been going on for a few years now.

Perhaps more chatter for a later day as well, but does everyone think what we are doing enough for parity, e.g., to bad teams have a realistic path to actually get better?

I won the league the 2nd year, I believe, but I have since tanked, so good teams can definitely get bad :lol: , but for the perennial bottom dwellers, such as myself now, is it just the expectation that you are likely to be a bad team for at least 3-5 years till you start hitting on some draft picks?

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
30 Sep 2020 11:34
I won the league the 2nd year, I believe, but I have since tanked, so good teams can definitely get bad :lol: , but for the perennial bottom dwellers, such as myself now, is it just the expectation that you are likely to be a bad team for at least 3-5 years till you start hitting on some draft picks?
This is how dynasty works. If you are a bottom team, you either trade picks to make your team better, or be patient and draft well. In one of my dynasty leagues, one guy has been one of/the worst team for almost 9 years. Dude can't draft to save his life, but will not trade his picks away. You have to figure out what you can do to make your team better that fits you. It is not the leagues job to create parody. One way would be to do salary cap or contracts. If you want more info on that I could be a big help. I wrote my leagues 24 page bylaws, and am vice president in a league that was voted the best dynasty league in the world from a bunch of fantasy nerds. HAHA. But both of those league setups are a lot more hands on, I just don't know if we have the group for it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I agree that a realignment might be necessary based on multiple years of division 2 being stronger. Remind us to discuss this after the season.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Related, but not... I was perusing our history and noticed that Madcity and 23 swapped divisions between 2013 and 2014. Anyone remember the who, what, or why about that?

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
30 Sep 2020 11:53
Related, but not... I was perusing our history and noticed that Madcity and 23 swapped divisions between 2013 and 2014. Anyone remember the who, what, or why about that?
I think pckfn was in the league, then dropped out, then louder dropped out and madcity came back in then the Ghost Lombardi thing happened and Brandon came back in. So I think MadCity might be Brandon's original team.

Or something like that.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Looks like 2017 was fine. 2018 was slightly lopsided. Last year was the most lopsided.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
30 Sep 2020 11:57
NCF wrote:
30 Sep 2020 11:53
I think pckfn was in the league, then dropped out, then louder dropped out and madcity came back in then the Ghost Lombardi thing happened and Brandon came back in. So I think MadCity might be Brandon's original team.

Or something like that.
I believe that is right.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This is, by far, my favorite fantasy league I have ever been in, but you know what, I wouldn't mind opening up a new one and drafting fresh. Keep this one going, for sure, but would be fun to get another one going, too.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:21
This is, by far, my favorite fantasy league I have ever been in, but you know what, I wouldn't mind opening up a new one and drafting fresh. Keep this one going, for sure, but would be fun to get another one going, too.
Maybe you would draft Diggs then..... :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:21
Yeah, the original draft is a blast for sure.

I joined one of these at FF and did three years before that league collapsed, but even just going through the process once and seeing that incoming draft and seeing how it was inevitable that it would be QB and not RB driven, definitely helped.

Probably why I won this in its 2nd year just knowing the ins and outs.

But yes, would be fun to do another as well, not sure where we could get another 5-8 people do it isn’t just the same guys, lol, but yeah.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

PIT/TEN game moved to different week. Adjust accordingly.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
08 Sep 2020 08:15
Big trade:

BF gets James Robinson, UDRFA, penciled in week 1 starter in Jacksonville after releasing Fournette and Armstead beginning the year on the COVID/Reserve list

I released Larry Fitzgerald for the move, long tenure with that man, but he's just not going to help me win.

Nick gets back in the draft game getting a 2021 4th.