Allen Lazard: Out Indefinitely

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

But Kumerow is also just a body.

And if they add Kumerow it is because they deem they need another body because we currently have 3 bodies (if we include Adams) on the sideline.

Kumerow is no more of a proven person than Taylor or Shepherd. In fact, all we know of Kumerow is he is a fan favorite and fun guy to root for but never put it together.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Oct 2020 10:29
Shepherd is terrible, let’s see what Robert foster or Malik can do for us.
Oh I want you to be wrong so bad.

Like. Sooooo bad here.

Go get em buddy.
image.png
image.png (351.88 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
02 Oct 2020 11:19
But Kumerow is also just a body.

And if they add Kumerow it is because they deem they need another body because we currently have 3 bodies (if we include Adams) on the sideline.

Kumerow is no more of a proven person than Taylor or Shepherd. In fact, all we know of Kumerow is he is a fan favorite and fun guy to root for but never put it together.
I mean I think that's a little unfair.

What we know about Kumerow is that he knows this offense, the QB has trust in him (and the QB has routinely said that gaining trust is the most important part of working together in the offense) and that he is experienced and knowledgeable enought o step in and play a lot of snaps right away (as he played about 30% of the snaps for us last year).

That is a lot more than most current bodies offer.

Clearly, Taylor was kept ahead of him. I'm not saying Kumerow belongs as the sudden #3 WR. But I would MUCH rather have a competent, experienced body who knows the system and the QB fill the back end of the roster than, say, a recent practice squad signee who is still learning everything like Foster or Winfree or whoever they've been adding to the PS.

If you're looking to develop players, go for the unknown with upside. If you're looking for depth to get you through a longer injury, a known quantity has a lot of merit and value.

Again, I understand that the team signaled clearly that they prefer Malik Taylor to Kumerow on the roster. But that doesn't mean they should prefer a street free agent to Kumerow to fill a short-term need.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I absolutely agree if we need to bring in another body that Kumerow is the clearly and obvious choice.

I don't think we need that right now as we should have enough WRs for Monday night and I also really don't think we will need it if Q is close to coming back.

Hopefully we can just swap the IR designation from Q to Lazard and won't need anymore of it.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
02 Oct 2020 11:44
I absolutely agree if we need to bring in another body that Kumerow is the clearly and obvious choice.

I don't think we need that right now as we should have enough WRs for Monday night and I also really don't think we will need it if Q is close to coming back.

Hopefully we can just swap the IR designation from Q to Lazard and won't need anymore of it.
Yeah, I also don't know that Kumerow would come back knowing he may just be released again after EQ gets off the IR. He may feel like he's maxed out his opportunities here and wants to work his way in somewhere else, which to be fair, is probably the right thing for him.

But if we like Jake better than Shepherd, we should try to sign him so that the 5 rostered WRs in Lazard's absence are Adams, MVS, EQSB, Malik Taylor, and Kumerow.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind if surprised Yoho hasn’t brought up Trevor Davis yet. :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Oct 2020 11:48
go pak go wrote:

Yeah, I also don't know that Kumerow would come back knowing he may just be released again after EQ gets off the IR. He may feel like he's maxed out his opportunities here and wants to work his way in somewhere else, which to be fair, is probably the right thing for him.

But if we like Jake better than Shepherd, we should try to sign him so that the 5 rostered WRs in Lazard's absence are Adams, MVS, EQSB, Malik Taylor, and Kumerow.
I was just going to post something like the bolded.

If I'm WWJ, I recognize I had a nice run in GB but that run is over. The Packers made it clear how they viewed his ceiling.

I'm not sure why he'd throw away a new opportunity to impress coaches in Buffalo just to provide depth during a prolonged injury for the Packers...and then likely be cast aside once again.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Oct 2020 11:48
go pak go wrote:

I would think he'd come back if offered a job since he'd be on the roster and any accrued time is valuable to him. You need 3 years to qualify for a pension he is sitting at 2.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Oct 2020 11:21
Drj820 wrote:
02 Oct 2020 10:29
Shepherd is terrible, let’s see what Robert foster or Malik can do for us.
Oh I want you to be wrong so bad.

Like. Sooooo bad here.

Go get em buddy.

image.png
id be thrilled to be wrong. I have been wrong on a few guys before. Usually i can predict outcomes pretty well, but i did give up on Tonyan last year and he is proving me wrong. But Shepherd doesnt have size, and he doesnt have the speed a small guy needs. He didnt get hardly any separation in the Saints game. I just dont see it. Would love other guys to get a shot at making an impact, but hey maybe i will be wrong, and it will thrill me!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This does really suck for Lazard. I’m not happy he’s hurt but I am excited for the window it opens for ESB. I was super high on him going into the draft and was ecstatic we stole him.

I do believe there isn’t much drop off in the blocking department between the two but ESB has way more big play potential. He’s missed a ton of time though. I don’t suspect the playbook should be an issue but the experience factor working with Rodgers could be an early issue.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Has there been any detail revealed on what happened to EQSB to suggest he’s ready to come off IR soon? He appeared to be practicing in full then went to DNP knee the next day and then to IR before Lane Taylor. I haven’t been able to find anything on the web. Did he aggravate the old injury or did he tear something major?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lake shark wrote:
02 Oct 2020 12:47
Has there been any detail revealed on what happened to EQSB to suggest he’s ready to come off IR soon? He appeared to be practicing in full then went to DNP knee the next day and then to IR before Lane Taylor. I haven’t been able to find anything on the web. Did he aggravate the old injury or did he tear something major?
There is literally no news on him.

The only thing I like from a "signs" standpoint is they got him on IR immediately whereas they took their time with Lane Taylor.

Why I like that is because they wanted the IR clock to start ticking immediately likely because of hope he can come back soon. They waited with Taylor because it makes zero difference when we IR him....he is clearly done for the season.
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

My "rich" experience of 14 years of NFL tells me that Lazard is out for season. He may come back technically but he won't be a factor, like Raven Greene last season as an example. We fans often only look to how long a guy is out, but we underestimate the time between "can 100% train again" to "competitive usefulness in serious NFL games".

Do we need to get a new WR? No, I'd still be favour an impact DL.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Oct 2020 12:37
This does really suck for Lazard. I’m not happy he’s hurt but I am excited for the window it opens for ESB. I was super high on him going into the draft and was ecstatic we stole him.

I do believe there isn’t much drop off in the blocking department between the two but ESB has way more big play potential. He’s missed a ton of time though. I don’t suspect the playbook should be an issue but the experience factor working with Rodgers could be an early issue.
If you where so high on him, and this goes for Yoho and others, why did he drop in the draft? was it due to injury issues? the guy seems like a workout warrior, but never is able to stay healthy enough to bring it on game day

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2020 08:49
If you where so high on him, and this goes for Yoho and others, why did he drop in the draft? was it due to injury issues? the guy seems like a workout warrior, but never is able to stay healthy enough to bring it on game day
I think he has somewhat of weird personality and I think the entire NFL dinged him for it. A little Brian Brohm-ish or something like that. I have not heard one negative report about him, though, since he got to Green Bay, so I think this is an example of a player more talented than his draft spot. He showed some nice things as a rookie and just hasn't caught a break in the health department since then. I am excited to see him get a chance coming up. For as much as people praise Lazard's blocking, I was never so impressed with a WR blocking in the running game as I was with EQ in 2018. Probably have to go back to Sterling Sharpe to find anyone else as technical and aggressive.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2020 08:49
lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Oct 2020 12:37

Players fall. It happens. I think the main reason was he played for Notre Dame who had a God awful quarterback and his talents were never really put on full display. His college numbers were bad but they weren’t really his fault. He had great size, speed, reliable hands, and came in the league as a good blocker. His route running I don’t think was bad for a bigger receiver just needed some refining and he needed to add strength which shouldn’t have been a problem with his frame.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Rap is saying they expect Lazard to be out about a month. Pretty good, all things considered.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
03 Oct 2020 10:02
Rap is saying they expect Lazard to be out about a month. Pretty good, all things considered.
That is good.

But everything I have heard points to not being able to predict these injuries at all.

Unless Rap somehow got medical words from the doctor who operated the surgery.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I doubt even the doctors can be balls on accurate predicting recovery time from this, look how wrong they've been concerning sports hernia's of the past, isn't that what ended Lance Alworths bicycling career (I think it was him (not lying, honest)???

Rap is a ink salesman by trade, disguised as a sports commentator :rotf: