What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
27 Mar 2020 11:35
NCF wrote:
27 Mar 2020 09:52
Gunzaan wrote:
27 Mar 2020 09:31
Ozarks season 3 is out today on Netflix. If you haven’t checked out this show, it’s good.
I've seen that one there before. Can you give us the quick 30-second description what it's about?
Do yourself a favor and watch season 1 ep1. If you’re not intrigued, I’d be surprised. And it just gets better.
On episode 5, now.

:aok:

Read More. Post Less.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Season 3 has been really good, aside from the brother being annoying and unnecessary.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Gunzaan wrote:
04 Apr 2020 12:00
Season 3 has been really good, aside from the brother being annoying and unnecessary.
Early in Season 2, now. Definitely worth watching... but hard to do with the kids in the house. Early mornings and late at night with the wife. We are enjoying it.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Watched a few older movies recently.

Uncle Buck, much better than I remembered. Didn't remember Buck being as successful as he was in the movie, intentions and results both more spot on than I remember.

Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Hook, both as good as I remembered.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

NCF wrote:
10 Apr 2020 09:58
Gunzaan wrote:
Early in Season 2, now. Definitely worth watching... but hard to do with the kids in the house. Early mornings and late at night with the wife. We are enjoying it.
Nice, yah it’s not super kid friendly.. season 2 is just ok - the red necks don’t make very believable bad guys. Season 3 gets back into cartel business!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Gunzaan wrote:
10 Apr 2020 11:56
NCF wrote:
10 Apr 2020 09:58
Gunzaan wrote:
Nice, yah it’s not super kid friendly.. season 2 is just ok - the red necks don’t make very believable bad guys. Season 3 gets back into cartel business!
Just finished season 3 last night. Really good season. The brother was annoying but I thought integral in revealing how Wendy is evolving. Really great TV.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Watched the first season of The Plot Against America.

Quality stuff, has a kind of "put a frog into cool water and start heating it up, and the frog won't jump" -dread to it.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

APB wrote:
29 Mar 2020 21:11
Gunzaan wrote:
29 Mar 2020 20:04
Willink wrote:
29 Mar 2020 19:43
Finished second season of Altered Carbon, onto Freud on Netflix
I thought the second season was pretty awful :swear:
Don’t tell me that! Ive been meaning to watch Altered Carbon S2 just haven’t got to it yet.

Is it really that bad? Like not worth the effort bad?
First season was way better, thought second was watchable. Understandable given the first is directly parsed from the novel whereas season two is original story, AFAIK.

Finished Freud, thought it was bizzare take on the subject and might be off putting for some because its in German but I'm a sucker for historical drama, love stuff like Turn and Roman Empire. Gonna finish season two of Dark (also in German but I'd recommend for fans of Stranger Things) and jump into that Babylon Berlin series.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
07 May 2020 12:48

Quality stuff, has a kind of "put a frog into cool water and start heating it up, and the frog won't jump" -dread to it.
Never heard of it. What’s it on and what’s it about?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I don't get to watch &%$@... $%@# kids... Finished season 3 of Westworld.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
08 May 2020 19:09
salmar80 wrote:
07 May 2020 12:48

Never heard of it. What’s it on and what’s it about?
Based on a novel by Philip Roth, it's an alternate history mini-series on HBO in which Charles Lindbergh wins the election over FDR in 1940 on an anti-war and anti-commie platform, and with the support of Henry Ford and others, slowly start aligning the US with Germany... Told from the perspective of a Jewish family in New Jersey.

The TV adaptation is created by the man behind my favorite TV series of all time, The Wire, David Simon. Tho it's currently a 6-part mini-series, I suspect they can continue it it found an audience.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
31 Mar 2020 20:17
Today? I was watching paint dry. Literally. I was at work waiting to put a second coat on the walls and I had to sit and wait and watch the first coat dry. The ceiling fan helped speed up the process.
:lol:

There was this joke in our community newsletter this month: I now realize why dogs get so excited about something moving outside, going for a walk or car rides. I think I just barked at a squirrel. ;)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
10 Apr 2020 10:33

Uncle Buck, much better than I remembered. Didn't remember Buck being as successful as he was in the movie, intentions and results both more spot on than I remember.

I like old movies too but the ones I like are REALLY old - from the 30s - 50s. I especially like musicals. I'm showing my age here... :favre:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Seeing we are all cooped up in our homes my hubby found a series of videos on You Tube of Traveling Robert. He is from Miami who moved to the US as a teenager from Cuba. He goes all over the country and Europe and writes his own music that he plays in the background of his videos. These are fun and informative. He's been doing these with his RV for years so there are hours and hours of them. He recently went thru Milwaukee and up to the UP. We are eagerly awaiting for that video to come out.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
09 May 2020 06:53
BF004 wrote:
10 Apr 2020 10:33

I like old movies too but the ones I like are REALLY old - from the 30s - 50s. I especially like musicals. I'm showing my age here... :favre:
One of my favorite old movies. "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Who knew Cagney was a song and dance man?

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Just started season 3 of Ozark.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

FINALLY (After everyone told me for years) got around to watching Breaking Bad. 4 episodes into the final season. This show is incredible, not sure what took me so long.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
11 May 2020 11:49
FINALLY (After everyone told me for years) got around to watching Breaking Bad. 4 episodes into the final season. This show is incredible, not sure what took me so long.
Yeah, it is SO good. If you haven't already, you still have Better Call Saul to look forward to, which is absolutely no let down.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
11 May 2020 12:04
Packfntk wrote:
Yeah, it is SO good. If you haven't already, you still have Better Call Saul to look forward to, which is absolutely no let down.
Yep, that is what I have been told. Also, people have said, right after we finish BB to watch El Camino (Before watching Saul)?
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
Still on my to do list. Got a few episodes into season 2, but it just wasn’t sticking.