That "Fun Feel"

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

That "Fun Feel"

Post by Packfntk »

Wasn't sure where to put this but I thought it deserved it's own topic. I have been a Packer fan my entire life. There have been so many ups and downs. I have been at nearly every home game since I was 10, fell in love with the crowd and Lambeau atmosphere. I have been pretty fortunate that most of my life (I am about to be 38), the Packers have been a very solid team, and one of the best in the NFL overall throughout the last 28 years.

It is so engrained in me to follow them, talk about them, support them, it is just a large part of my life and who I am. I was an MM supporter to the bitter end, when I finally said that his time here has run it's course, and we just needed a fresh system, coach, and approach. I was the same with Ted. I supported him through the years, and he did an amazing job early on, and same thing, it was time for a change.

Enter Gutey and MLF. I was a little nervous, and a little excited to see what this could be. It seemed as if two years ago this team would have to somewhat rebuild. Rodgers was not himself, the defense was brutal, nothing was clicking. But as we sit right now it is just fun. The whole feel of everything has changed. Will we go undefeated? Heck no. Well, probably not. Man that would be fun. But watching the game last night made me stop and think, "Wow this team is fun".

-I watched Rodgers smile and laugh more than I can ever remember. He is getting the ball out early, he is deadly accurate, and dude is just unconscious. He is playing some of his best football.

- The play calling is sick. Some of the pre-play movement is great, the different personnel packages are fantastic to see, and I feel we haven't seen half of it yet. It is everything we begged for with MM.

- Aaron Jones Shades. He seems like such a standup dude, and I love the glitz and glamour attitude he brings. He is so dynamic.

- Jamaal Williams dancing. He seems like he is in his own world at times, but he brings that loose feel. Just having a ball and enjoying life.

-The Smith Brothers. These two dudes are monsters and helped bring a pass rush that we have not seen before. Even though Preston has not been as crazy as last year, they are a blast.

- Jaire. This dude is a stud. He is a blue chipper. I don't want to see what he gets paid, but what a character. I don't know if the common fan outside our bubble is aware of who his is yet to be honest, but if they don't, they will. He brings a liveliness that a "Deion Sanders" did to the DB side of the room.

Yeah, just a random bunch of my thoughts, but it is just a fun group right now. They find different ways to win, the offense is clicking, and we are on bye while undefeated at the quarter mark of the season. We may not feel this great again this season, so sit back and enjoy it. The group of men on this team is so freaking fun. That is all.

Go. Pack. Go!

Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The last 2 years is the most fun I have seen the Packers have since possibly the 90s.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Oct 2020 11:56
The last 2 years is the most fun I have seen the Packers have since possibly the 90s.
2007 was such a fun year for me, personally, so I have to rate that one really high. There have been some good ones, but yeah, this kind of does have a pre-90's peak Packers feel to it for me, as well.

Read More. Post Less.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

I was with you all the way until you compared Alexander to Deon Sanders. You were talking about persona and/or energy that they bring... but no, that isn’t a comparison I’d want to suggest.

Otherwise, spot on.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Matt Lefluer.

REmember when Mark Murphy was on the hot seat and for the horrible coaching hire etc?

I think he nailed it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is the most fun season I have ever been part of. I wasn't part of the 90s very much because of age, but I will say those early MM days were a ton of fun too. Just watching that team build and knowing they were going to be good when everyone else said we weren't was so much fun.

But these players are having a ball and that is what is so cool about 2019 and 2020.

I would say for me as far as most fun seasons:

1. 2020
2. 2007
3. 2014
4. 2019
5. 2010
6. 2009
7. 2011
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2020 13:37
Matt Lefluer.

REmember when Mark Murphy was on the hot seat and for the horrible coaching hire etc?

I think he nailed it.
I don't remember anyone claiming that LaFleur was a bad pick. I know I questioned the process but nobody had a strongly negative opinion about LaFleur himself.

Anyways, as they showed last night, MLF has the 2nd best W-L record through 20 games of any NFL HC since 1930 :shock:

For all the talk the last couple years of McVay and Shanahan being the elite up and comers, would be nice to see MLF actually be the first one from their posse to get a ring.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
06 Oct 2020 14:00
go pak go wrote:
Matt Lefluer.

I think he nailed it.
I don't remember anyone claiming that LaFleur was a bad pick. I know I questioned the process but nobody had a strongly negative opinion about LaFleur himself.

Anyways, as they showed last night, MLF has the 2nd best W-L record through 20 games of any NFL HC since 1930 :shock:

For all the talk the last couple years of McVay and Shanahan being the elite up and comers, would be nice to see MLF actually be the first one from their posse to get a ring.
I think most allowed the process to show itself for sure. But he also was undoubtedly a surprise and not the top pick by media and fans.

There was also a lot of hand wringing on us using a third party search firm in addition to no making the hire right away in the offseason as we thought "all the good ones got snatched up".

Finally, there was hand wringing we didn't interview everyone else because Murphy had a "gut feeling" right away. I don't think fans were sold on the Murphy reasons of why MLF. Then you top it with Matt really sucking and sounding nervous in front of the media, really until the regular season started and yes. I would say there was some anxt on the hire.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I was banging that LaFleur drum for about 2 weeks before we hired. Don’t mean to toot my own horn or anything, but toot toot. Dropping Dimes and Suck it Signs!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2020 14:05
texas wrote:
06 Oct 2020 14:00
go pak go wrote:
Matt Lefluer.

I think he nailed it.

I think most allowed the process to show itself for sure. But he also was undoubtedly a surprise and not the top pick by media and fans.

There was also a lot of hand wringing on us using a third party search firm in addition to no making the hire right away in the offseason as we thought "all the good ones got snatched up".

Finally, there was hand wringing we didn't interview everyone else because Murphy had a "gut feeling" right away. I don't think fans were sold on the Murphy reasons of why MLF. Then you top it with Matt really sucking and sounding nervous in front of the media, really until the regular season started and yes. I would say there was some anxt on the hire.
Oh yeah, angst for sure. I remember last year thinking it was the first time I legitimately did not have a clue how good we would be heading into the season. When I saw us completely shut down the Bears in the NFL opener, I knew we'd at least be decent. I definitely was not sold on Murphy's stated reasoning, but as far as MLF went, I could tell by looking at him that he was smart. I thought everyone sort of viewed him as a front runner here (not as much as McDaniels, but sort of the #2 front runner) for the job.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yes. Our forum was far beyond any other place as far as even knowing who he was.

We do deserve some credit there. There were a lot of smart posters who wanted him.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

It’s definitely more fun watching this team. MMs offense was infuriating. Everything always seemed so difficult compared to other teams. If Rodgers was making incredible passes and receivers making spectacular catches we were struggling.

Now everyone no offense is getting involved. Pass catchers are getting wide open. Running lanes are opening up. We’re seeing formation versatility and plays where I’m surprised at who got the ball and how.

&%$@ even the defense is fun to watch and they’re just OK. Nobody used to celebrate on the field unless they scored or Matthews got a sack. Now you get a turnover and the entire defense is out there doing a train dance and taking group pictures.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2020 14:08
I was banging that LaFleur drum for about 2 weeks before we hired. Don’t mean to toot my own horn or anything, but toot toot. Dropping Dimes and Suck it Signs!
Yeah, there weren't many who were on the MLF bandwagon, but you were there; toot away. He was my first (chronological) suggestion and among my top (ranked) selections (I think 3rd, 4th?). I wasn't banging a drum for him during the hiring process, but as he was on the list of guys I wanted and would be happy with, I was in the "defend the hire" crowd immediately when it happened.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Oh, I will own up to it. I didn't think LaFleur was a *bad* choice, I was just skeptical he was really the best choice. It was made worse by the fact that McDaniels would go on to win the SuperBowl that year against one of these "bright, young offensive minds" (McVay).

Nope, you really can't ask for better than the job he has done so far.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I didn’t really know much of lefleur, i was just anti josh mcdaniels. Big time.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's just so funny and strange to me too how little plays just have seismic impact on an organization.

Because if Crosby makes those field goals and we beat Seattle and Arizona. Or if the refs don't call the horrible call vs MN week 2 and we win that one instead of Seattle but are going into that Week 17 game now 8-7 with a win getting us the 6 seed....we probably keep Mac and deal with the same stuff in 19 and 20.

I just find it interesting how small things that appear negative at the time can lead to "that was the best thing that happened to the Packers in a long time"
Yoop wrote:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2020 07:11
It's just so funny and strange to me too how little plays just have seismic impact on an organization.

Because if Crosby makes those field goals and we beat Seattle and Arizona. Or if the refs don't call the horrible call vs MN week 2 and we win that one instead of Seattle but are going into that Week 17 game now 8-7 with a win getting us the 6 seed....we probably keep Mac and deal with the same stuff in 19 and 20.

I just find it interesting how small things that appear negative at the time can lead to "that was the best thing that happened to the Packers in a long time"

Our director of sales always says it, and I hate it, but it always rings true. "All things for a reason".

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
07 Oct 2020 07:53
go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2020 07:11

Our director of sales always says it, and I hate it, but it always rings true. "All things for a reason".
Maybe.

I think Lions, Browns, and Bengals fans have been asking for their reason for a long, long time now. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

HAHA, maybe they will get their due someday. Or maybe they will have to pay the price for making poor decisions. :lol:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I remember thinking during the 2010 season that MM is a good coach but another Marty Schottenheimer, a great coach who couldn't get over the hump. Then the playoffs that year proved me wrong and the 15-1 season had me thinking otherwise. In hindsight I do think that seemed to be the case with MM. The last 8 years we couldn't catch a break (or make a break). I felt his offense had got stale and out of date. But I have to admit he is still lighting it up with Dallas this year so maybe it's not all on him.

But what makes MLF so different is just that, he's different. He will scheme up anything and I think Gutey has found him a group of players who are smart enough to allow for the diversity on offense to execute it, and having A-Rod who is probably one of the smartest QBs ever helps a lot. I mean we have more seen offensive groupings in 4 games than we did in 4 years with MM. And that makes it all fun. I think if you challenge the right players they will respond like we see them responding now. So hat's off not only to MLF and the players but also to Gutey and his crew for finding the players who can respond to a challenge.