2020 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
07 Oct 2020 18:06

The only one who ever really traded with me was packfntk, mostly because I bombarded him with so many offers he just wanted me to go away.
I do miss the days of getting offers in this league. Only like 3-4 owners actually talk trade, others you send an offer to and it sits there for days/weeks until you pull it back, or just strait reject with no explanation. :idn:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Damn, was afraid that Titan game would be cancelled so I played Scotty Miller last night last minute. Figured I would be fine with no Godwin, since I was last week. Zero burger. Ouch. :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
08 Oct 2020 09:01
Man, tough week for placing a lineup here. D and Kicker on bye weeks. Only down to 2 TE's right now, after cutting Jimmy Graham and Blake Jarwin and Josh Oliver on IR and now Noah Fant might not play, so gotta drop 3 guys this week to field a scrub D, K and TE.
I'll be on the lookout 8-)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

[mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] [mention]Madcity_matt[/mention] [mention]NCF[/mention] [mention]Packfntk[/mention] [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] [mention]Waldo[/mention] [mention]mnkcarp[/mention] [mention]Backthepack4ever[/mention] [mention]Trudge[/mention]

What do you guys think about quick COVID related rule change.

I have seen this taking place among fantasy leagues.

Basically you can assign a replacement player ahead of time, just right here in the forum before the games take place. In the event a game is cancelled or postponed, me or yoho will manually go change your lineup for the week.

But basically if you play someone from the TEN/BUF and NE/DEN which is Monday night and the game doesn't take place, you can get the points of your replacement player.

Say you have Josh Allen playing, you can in the forum assign, say I'll play Jamal Williams in the Flex slot as a replacement. If that Bills game does not take place, we can go replace Allen with Williams for you, so long as you called if before either team plays.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I think you is a stupid head....

For not asking my opinion! ;)

Whatever works for me.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I think we just deal with it. COVID affects everything, why should we be any different? Too many what-ifs to cover all the bases. I can say I would play this guy, but then if the 49ers miss a game and I have like 5 starters from their team, it wouldn't matter, anyway.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Oct 2020 10:09
I think you is a stupid head....

For not asking my opinion! ;)

Whatever works for me.
Updated the mentions :P

Was figuring I shouldn’t have tried to do that off the top of my heads

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I'm in a few leagues that are doing it and it's. Cool option.

I'm good any way yall want to go. I would say we need to decide by Saturday night though

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

I say keep it as is. If we change it this week I’d love to change Scotty Miller to Jonnu, since I figured I’d they didn’t play I’d be SOL, so no matter what this week should stay the same.

I’m in both kind of leagues. I’d vote to deal with it.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I think it's great. I'll let you guy's fight it out.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sorry I'm late.

I'm fine with whatever; about half my leagues are doing something like that, about half aren't. So :idn:

My personal preference is leave it and deal with it. Fantasy football is HUGELY about luck. So, we go on. But if people wanna create workarounds I won't argue with them. I just don't think it's super worth it to me.

In the mean time... buh.
image.png
image.png (18.01 KiB) Viewed 298 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

My patchwork team still balling out despite Phillip Rivers not doing Jack &%$@. Good battle with me and yoho

I feel like LaFleur here, seems like every call I’m making is working out, which even includes taking a QB (Tua) with my first pick that I didn’t plan on helping this year.

But the trades for Robinson, Slayton, Theilen, all playing out well. Trading away Barkley (luck), my scrap FA pickups like Mike Davis who very well may be fantasy RB1 the last 3 weeks. CeeDee Lamb on pace for like 90 and 1400 this year. Although Dak being out will likely hurt that.

Trade me your QBs!!!!

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Hopefully tomorrow's games happens, should be a win, they all tested negative. Not a great week. Hopefully I can get MT back after their bye.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

the matchup between [mention]Waldo[/mention] and [mention]mnkcarp[/mention] is epic on the lower end of scoring... Waldo with 8 players on regular bye and three more with postponed games... just a miracle to get a team out there. Carp looking to potentially pick up his first win. Still tons of remaining players in that matchup.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Oct 2020 09:49
the matchup between @Waldo and @mnkcarp is epic on the lower end of scoring... Waldo with 8 players on regular bye and three more with postponed games... just a miracle to get a team out there. Carp looking to potentially pick up his first win. Still tons of remaining players in that matchup.
Yes, that game is definitely interesting. Setting a lineup these days is insanely hard, sometimes starting a player hoping to get 7-10 points. :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
12 Oct 2020 09:56
Yes, that game is definitely interesting. Setting a lineup these days is insanely hard, sometimes starting a player hoping to get 7-10 points.
Wait, that's abnormal? I start tons of players hoping for 10. It's been a while since my team has been good. I forget what the decisions are like.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Oct 2020 09:57
Packfntk wrote:
12 Oct 2020 09:56
Yes, that game is definitely interesting. Setting a lineup these days is insanely hard, sometimes starting a player hoping to get 7-10 points.
Wait, that's abnormal? I start tons of players hoping for 10. It's been a while since my team has been good. I forget what the decisions are like.
HAHA, well in some instances it is good, others not so much. Strange times.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Damn, Waldo busted this week.

Trudge and BackThePack could come down to the last drive.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I had nothing this week. Injuries, byes, and Covid cleaned out the bench. Of course I had to start backup TE's in flex positions and the one I don't use goes off on my bench. :lol:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Waldo wrote:
13 Oct 2020 19:51
I had nothing this week. Injuries, byes, and Covid cleaned out the bench. Of course I had to start backup TE's in flex positions and the one I don't use goes off on my bench. :lol:
Well I’m sure Matt is grateful. :lol:

Had that same kind of situation in another league. This year is nonstop brutal.