Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT - 10/18/2020 - 4:25 EST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

this one comes from the Athletic

"The average third down for the Bucs through five games requires 7.9 yards for a first down, tied for the third-longest average in the league. Every team fares better on third down with fewer yards to go, but there’s a real dividing line for the Bucs — on third-and-6 or less this season, they convert 69 percent for first downs, and on third-and-7 or more, they convert at 13 percent "
IT. IS. TIME

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

BSA wrote:
14 Oct 2020 16:40
this one comes from the Athletic

"The average third down for the Bucs through five games requires 7.9 yards for a first down, tied for the third-longest average in the league. Every team fares better on third down with fewer yards to go, but there’s a real dividing line for the Bucs — on third-and-6 or less this season, they convert 69 percent for first downs, and on third-and-7 or more, they convert at 13 percent "
Need those 3 and outs baby!

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Cdragon wrote:
14 Oct 2020 16:47
Need those 3 and outs baby!
Oh the pessimism. I'll take three-and-out if it's the best we can do, but I'm really hoping for one-and-interception. :banana:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

dsr = one of my favorite stats.

Its "drive success rate" at Football Outsiders and the Packers are currently number 1 in entire league at .844
By comparison, the anemic Bucs are ranked # 25.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats ... soff/2020

(Its way over on the right side)
IT. IS. TIME

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BSA wrote:
13 Oct 2020 18:56
Packers shut out the Bucs in the Dec. 1985 Snow Bowl, 21-0
https://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2015/12 ... rs-in.html

I really was there that day too!

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Pugger wrote:
15 Oct 2020 04:23
BSA wrote:
13 Oct 2020 18:56
Packers shut out the Bucs in the Dec. 1985 Snow Bowl, 21-0
https://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2015/12 ... rs-in.html
I really was there that day too!
One of my fonder memories of Tom Brady was being at Soldier Field watching the Patriots beat the Bears by 36-7. It wasn't as snowy as that picture, but I bet it was colder. It was 36-0 when I left at around the end of the third quarter - I think I was last one out!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This does have the makings of being an interesting matchup with how the Bucs play of their dink and dunk style.

Our offense has the ability to get up big and get big quick which would put the Bucs offense on pressure and allow our defense to pin their ears back. If things go well, we could see lots of turnovers, lots of points, and a very convincing win.

It could also keep the Rodgers off the field and work to the advantage of the Bucs if they do 15 play drives and close them out each time.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
15 Oct 2020 10:00
advantage of the Bucs if they do 15 play drives and close them out each time.
Brady is a huge advocate of possessing the ball and he even commented on it last week when he was bitching about all the OL penalties
He knows that every minute he has it, Rodgers doesn't... and that increases his chances of winning.
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

On Sunday, Packers' Aaron Rodgers will face Bucs rookie safety Antoine Winfield, whose father Antoine Sr. intercepted a Rodgers pass in 2009. "I think that might be a first for me," Rodgers said Wednesday. "A good reminder that this league, the years get on you pretty fast."
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Bucs go healthier today at all spots except their Dline as Khalil Davis was downgraded and looks to be in question if he can go Sunday. Bodes well for our RBs with Vea already out.

Here is Thursday's practice report.
image.png
image.png (65.29 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (61.11 KiB) Viewed 486 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Just as I complimented Montravious Adams in the Falcons thread, serious the guy was coming on....he missed practice today.

That player is so frustrating.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
15 Oct 2020 18:00
Just as I complimented Montravious Adams in the Falcons thread, serious the guy was coming on....he missed practice today.

That player is so frustrating.
It will be better on your mentals to just give up on him, and then be genuinely thrilled and filled with pure joy if he surprises you. That’s the path I took for Tonyan and watching his ascension has been euphoric. :)
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Im a little worried about the cornerback situation if King can’t go. I wish we had Tramon on the squad for weeks like this. I just don’t have confidence that Jackson will be able to get the job done. I wish I did. TB has good skill players, missing a starting corner will hurt.

My hope is they implode with penalties, Brady screams at his OL, and they remind him he’s not in NE anymore and stop blocking for him.

I do expect to win, and I don’t think they are a very good team even though I think they have good players. But bc they have good players, I could see them surprising us after their own mini bye week.

But I expect we Roll.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This game really snuck up on me here, didn't get through this week's list of Locked On Packers yet.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

So J Will takes a few pokes at Brady.
“Come on, man,” he said on “The Jamaal Williams Show” this week. “I’m pretty sure my quarterback knows what fourth down is, you know what I mean? That’s what I’m saying, like, Aaron Rodgers would never do that. Never. You know what I mean? He’s too smart for that.”
Never been a fan of trash talk or handing out bulletin board material but in this case Brady is going to be so focused on beating Godgers this can't add anything. It is a shovel of dirt on top of a mountain. :munch:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from twitter

NFL keeps a statistic called "stalled drives" to note penalties significant enough to scuttle a possession. Patriots have just one all season, Titans two. 15 teams have 5 or fewer (one per game) this season, but Bucs have 14. Only team with more is Arizona (15).
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2020 13:36
Im a little worried about the cornerback situation if King can’t go. I wish we had Tramon on the squad for weeks like this. I just don’t have confidence that Jackson will be able to get the job done. I wish I did. TB has good skill players, missing a starting corner will hurt.

My hope is they implode with penalties, Brady screams at his OL, and they remind him he’s not in NE anymore and stop blocking for him.

I do expect to win, and I don’t think they are a very good team even though I think they have good players. But bc they have good players, I could see them surprising us after their own mini bye week.

But I expect we Roll.
I would be surprised if King goes.

But at some point you have to let your players play. There was a lot of screaming for the Packers to sign Jared Veldheer because we were "uncomfortable" about our RT spot in August too and it's funny how those cries have just magically quieted down. Players can perform better than we expect. Let our players play. Let them get the opportunity to show if they have anything or not.

Especially for Jackson. It is really important we know if this guy has anything as it would really change the math of how we deal with King in the offseason.

Honestly, I don't think Jackson had that bad of a half of football vs. Atlanta. He had two plays he would want back but that's pretty good for a full half when the QB is constantly eying you. Kevin King gave more far more production vs NO's then King did vs ATL.

This is a big week for Josh. And he's gonna be my Here's Johnny. But either way, we have to give him the shot. If he completely implodes, then we may consider TWill. But before then, we have to give him the shot.
Yoop wrote:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I'm kind of in the camp that thinks Jackson isnt going to get all the snaps. (I never liked the pick and think hes not good btw) Hollman might/should also get a shot. Let these guys battle it out anf see who rises up.

Big week for P. Smith to get going. Hopefully with Gary back he pushes him and they all feast on Brady.

34-20 pack