Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Buck and Aikman apparently caught in a hot mic moment during the GB-TB pre-game flyover. I don’t imagine this will help with the league’s negative image problem...

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Hot mike.... like, the technology is there to know if a microphone is on or not. Fix it. It's ridiculous that these keep happening. As for image, it's two guys opinions... doesn't impact my life one way or another. I, personally, love the flyovers.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
20 Oct 2020 08:19
Hot mike.... like, the technology is there to know if a microphone is on or not. Fix it. It's ridiculous that these keep happening. As for image, it's two guys opinions... doesn't impact my life one way or another. I, personally, love the flyovers.
Agree with ya, there. But, based on interweb reactions, it would seem this is yet another avoidable embarrassment for the league.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
I mean that's the quintessential reason why politics and budget talks get heated right?

Because it's the perception of "enough of your money" you get to feel you have a say, (because we all love to boast how we are proud tax payers) but such a little amount of any direct payment by you that ultimately you really don't pay for it at all.

So yeah. If it's "free" to me, sure do it. But I wouldn't pay $20 directly for it.

I also find it ridiculous they do that with hardly no fans in the stands.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

go pak go wrote:
20 Oct 2020 08:49
NCF wrote:
I mean that's the quintessential reason why politics and budget talks get heated right?

Because it's the perception of "enough of your money" you get to feel you have a say, (because we all love to boast how we are proud tax payers) but such a little amount of any direct payment by you that ultimately you really don't pay for it at all.

So yeah. If it's "free" to me, sure do it. But I wouldn't pay $20 directly for it.

Yeah, I don't get doing flyovers for a few people who are in attendance. It really is a waste to me.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

williewasgreat wrote:
20 Oct 2020 09:18
go pak go wrote:
NCF wrote:

Yeah, I don't get doing flyovers for a few people who are in attendance. It really is a waste to me.
So the Air Force doesn’t do fly overs just to entertain fans and audiences. Those are actually training missions for pilots. But because they’re up there anyways and they do it and it counts as a low level training mission for pilots. That or they’re on their way over somewhere else and adjusted the route a little to do a flyover.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

williewasgreat wrote:
go pak go wrote:
NCF wrote:

It is advertising for the military. Personally I would rather that the money be spent on taking care of veterans instead of letting them die like happened in the Old Soldier's home in Holyoke MA last spring. fyi, this was the State of Massachusetts' fault. But they are right, if Biden Harris win the military is not going to be doing flyovers anymore, or any other kind of promotion or advertising. Not with regard to the NFL or anywhere else.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:05
williewasgreat wrote:
go pak go wrote:

So the Air Force doesn’t do fly overs just to entertain fans and audiences. Those are actually training missions for pilots. But because they’re up there anyways and they do it and it counts as a low level training mission for pilots. That or they’re on their way over somewhere else and adjusted the route a little to do a flyover.
A joint effort by sports league and the Air Force explaining this would go a long way.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:07
williewasgreat wrote:
go pak go wrote:

It is advertising for the military. Personally I would rather that the money be spent on taking care of veterans instead of letting them die like happened in the Old Soldier's home in Holyoke MA last spring. fyi, this was the State of Massachusetts' fault. But they are right, if Biden Harris win the military is not going to be doing flyovers anymore, or any other kind of promotion or advertising. Not with regard to the NFL or anywhere else.
False.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:08
lupedafiasco wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

A joint effort by sports league and the Air Force explaining this would go a long way.
People really think we just go up there to do a fly over and that’s it? I thought it was common knowledge they’re up there doing missions. When they do C-130 fly overs, the plane I work on, usually the crew will knock out its low level training, unpressurized cabin training, and delivering parts to another base. KCs and fighters are usually doing low levels and an in flight refuel to knock out training. The Air Force has checks and balances. We literally have lawyers and finance workers who’s job is to go through what we spend on trips and make sure we aren’t wasting the air forces money.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

People really think we just go up there to do a fly over and that’s it? I thought it was common knowledge they’re up there doing missions. When they do C-130 fly overs, the plane I work on, usually the crew will knock out its low level training, unpressurized cabin training, and delivering parts to another base. KCs and fighters are usually doing low levels and an in flight refuel to knock out training. The Air Force has checks and balances. We literally have lawyers and finance workers who’s job is to go through what we spend on trips and make sure we aren’t wasting the air forces money.
There absolutely are a lot of people that don't understand these are training missions that happen to be game flyovers.

Yes, it is a bit of advertising, but why not work it into a mission.

It's been years since this was explained. At least I have not seen anything. Might be a good time to address it again.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:20
From their POV, makes sense, but society should really stop poisoning their kids' minds with the idea that going to kill innocents and die to secure the oligarch class's financial interests is a noble pursuit and drop these kinds of things altogether. (Cry about it, bootlickers).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
20 Oct 2020 11:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:20
From their POV, makes sense, but society should really stop poisoning their kids' minds with the idea that going to kill innocents and die to secure the oligarch class's financial interests is a noble pursuit and drop these kinds of things altogether. (Cry about it, bootlickers).
This really shouldn’t be in this thread. That being said this is a really ignorant statement if you believe all we do is “kill innocents.”

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, let’s steer this back to football here.

Totally welcome to carry on this conversation in the round table, in fact it is encouraged.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Honestly I had no idea about this. I agree. The military needs to do better education about this.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow, that is really hard to believe.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind of surprised they would publicly name Tua the starter so early. Why not wait till like late next week after your opponent spent all week studying for Fitzmagic, or maybe just don't even say anything publicly at all?

As a team who is 3-3 and right in the playoff hunt, winning still is very important for sure. Not sure why you wouldn't look for every advantage possible.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."

“Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.
MM.......
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!