Backthepack 2021 mock oct

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Backthepack 2021 mock oct

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Ive put it off long enough.

Gone
Lowery. Eat the money
Lindslay
King
MVS. Waited long enough
Lewis. Hes 65
Kirksey

Stay
Jones. They find a way
Bak. Much needed

Added
Jamison Crowder in a trade this week and resign

Draft
1 Israel Mukuamu. CB south car

Kings replacement. Big long physical corner. He can tackle and isnt scared of getting dirty. Perfect outside guy to cover the bug bodies. Not made of glass.

2. Rondale Moore. WR Purdue
Time to add that big play wr to this system. Moore is small but dont let that fool you hes tough a hell and is lightening with the ball. Might be the best RAC wr in the draft. Think Hill with good character and maybe stronger. A true weapon.

3. Tj Slaton. DL Fla

360 pound man that carries his weight well. He moves well and double teams struggle with him. STop the run!!!!!

4. LaBryan Ray. DL. Bama

To much upside to pass on Ray. He ws hurt in 19 but this is a 5 star kid who has flashed. Perfect 5 tech that is already strong against the run and will grow into a pass rusher. Already a lowery upgrade

5. Landon Young T UK

I love this mean sob. Hes tough physical dude that can play either tackle spot. Hes a smart leader that puts guys on their ass. He will fight to the whistle

https://ukathletics.com/news/2020/10/19 ... an-of-week

6. Tariq Castro-Fields. Cb Psu

Good size cb that has seen good opponents and held his own. Hes head strong and agressive

7. Mike Carter rb unc

A quick back that gets in the hole quick and is always making positive yardage. Has some jones in him where he can find the smallest hole and go

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Thank you for doing this, these are like crack for me. :worship:

Nitpicky and taking focus away from the rest of the mock, but why the hell get rid of MVS? 4th year of pennies on his rookie deal. His ability to stretch the field is real, you put him in as the 3rd or 4th even WR, that can really open up everything. He has that Kenny Stills, Tedd Ginn, Will Fuller deep ability that just opens everything else up, even if it isn't always reflected in his stats.

Early on, just LOVE that Rondale Moore pick. I want to take the Tyler Ervin roll and blow it up with real legit high end talent. I think it was obvious he was missing in the offense, he is what helped make the motion effective. If a guy like Deguara and Ervin/Moore is what really can make our O unique and create legit problems for defense, then get after those spots hard.

The other guy I think is also completely obvious was not in the lineup was poo putty pan fried noodles Kevin King. He is emerging as my priority FA right now, given we got Kenny done. Yes I realize our offense just basically net -4 points, but give Aaron a top 5 defense, we will more than likely be in the Super Bowl. We've noticed it through the years now, we are a different team with him in there. Wish he could be a tad more durable, but going with Josh Jackson in the final year of the deal and random rookies is such a step back at a position where you can just not afford below average talent, both in 2021 and 2022.

I think you can survive with below average RB or LT, I think absolutely can not have a liability at LT, there maybe only 20 people on the planet who are not liabilities at LT, why they get paid what they do.

Tough offseason, &%$@ year for us to have this COVID hit.

I'll try to dig into the rest of these guys more.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Thanks for the feed back. I can talk draft all day

I'm a fan of mvs and he prob sticks but I coild see him moved. Even a cheap trade..... Maybe in my crowder move. This wr group is better with adams crowder lazard Moore and whoever. Thats a true slot with crowder. I loke MVS but at this points hes a guy.

Kevin king is good. So good a team will pay him. I hate it but his injury history will have the pack under bid. I think they draft his successor

Agree with what you are saying. This will be a tough off season with turnover....esp with an adams resign coming

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Highly doubt Rondale Moore falls into the late second round, but if he does, great value pick.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Christo wrote:
26 Oct 2020 14:16
Highly doubt Rondale Moore falls into the late second round, but if he does, great value pick.
I could see it. He is small and it’s a deep class. He’s pretty comparable to Hamler but I think not as fast and he went 14th in the 2nd. I don’t think it’s impossible.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Oct 2020 17:28
Christo wrote:
26 Oct 2020 14:16
I could see it. He is small and it’s a deep class. He’s pretty comparable to Hamler but I think not as fast and he went 14th in the 2nd. I don’t think it’s impossible.
True, but the Packers love of big receivers makes it hard to think they'd pick him. Not that I don't think he's worth it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Love this. Great early work. Interesting names, some known, some unknown.