Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Raiders OL Trent Brown tested positive for the 'roner. All other OL and a few other players were sent home as a precaution.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/ra ... t-2156976/
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:08
lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2020 10:05

So the Air Force doesn’t do fly overs just to entertain fans and audiences. Those are actually training missions for pilots. But because they’re up there anyways and they do it and it counts as a low level training mission for pilots. That or they’re on their way over somewhere else and adjusted the route a little to do a flyover.
A joint effort by sports league and the Air Force explaining this would go a long way.
People really think we just go up there to do a fly over and that’s it? I thought it was common knowledge they’re up there doing missions. When they do C-130 fly overs, the plane I work on, usually the crew will knock out its low level training, unpressurized cabin training, and delivering parts to another base. KCs and fighters are usually doing low levels and an in flight refuel to knock out training. The Air Force has checks and balances. We literally have lawyers and finance workers who’s job is to go through what we spend on trips and make sure we aren’t wasting the air forces money.
Yup. People think that. A good portion of the Thunderbirds expense comes from the Air Forces recruitment budget. Why? Because it is the best recruiting tool ever. Same with the Blue Angels. I know several times in the DC Air Guard we would have the F-16s take off just before game time, They would do their flyby, go do training mission and then come back. They never went up and came back right after the flyby.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packfntk wrote:
20 Oct 2020 13:11
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."

“Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.
MM.......
The players sound like snitches to me. If they got something to say, they should put their name on it. But before that, I suggest them look themselves in the mirror and play better. They are in the easiest division in the history of football, they should shut up and try to win it.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Totally agree Drj, I think if it was that bad they should have been a man and confronted the coaching staff, not tattle to the media.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packfntk wrote:
22 Oct 2020 09:27
Totally agree Drj, I think if it was that bad they should have been a man and confronted the coaching staff, not tattle to the media.
It kind of shows me what kind of people are in that locker room...and it doesn’t sound like the winning type to me.

I remember last year Demarcus Lawrence talking about how Jason Garrett doesn’t give them pregame speeches that get them fired up, and he was saying that was an issue.

Seems to me if Jerry gives you a 100m deal, he is hoping you have the ability to get yourself hyped up!!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

HAHA! They give an early 2nd and get back a late 3rd in the matter of weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
22 Oct 2020 10:11

HAHA! They give an early 2nd and get back a late 3rd in the matter of weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel like they could have hosed them into a better deal, but whatever. Still turned a 2nd into a 3rd for absolutely nothing.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:
22 Oct 2020 10:13
Packfntk wrote:
22 Oct 2020 10:11

I feel like they could have hosed them into a better deal, but whatever. Still turned a 2nd into a 3rd for absolutely nothing.
When you say it like that, it makes me feel better.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That is pretty funny, lol.

One has to think Speilman is on some very thin ice right now. Was a very stupid trade to acquire Yannick, IMO.

I mean probably could have just added Clowney and kept their picks.

But whatevs.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BIlls cut Quinten Spain, after signing him to a 3 year 15 million deal this offseason.

He played for LaFleur in Tennessee, so wouldn't be shocked if we go sniffing around him if we can get him on the cheap.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So all in all, the Vikings probably wasted 6.5 - 7 million dollars this year in salary and against the cap, for a team very cap strapped, going into this next nightmare of an offseason, and lost about the equivalent of a late 2nd round pick according to trade value charts.

Not good man.

I think the Ravens will only owe him roughly 5- 5.5 million for the remaining 10 games for essentially a late 3rd round pick. Current contract does not have a no tag clause, so the Ravens can franchise him next offseason if they so choose. Luxuries you can do with a MVP QB on a rookie contract.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Vikings losing some pass rush, glad we get them again really quick here.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Buccs sign AB. That team is going to be really dangerous come playoffs.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Gross.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Oct 2020 19:30
Buccs sign AB. That team is going to be really dangerous come playoffs.
He is a good player. But, let's see how well he handles the pandemic structure on his life.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

AB is a timebomb. I am convinced that infamous hit by Burfict knocked a few screws loose. There's a lot of season left, and every team has tough stretches. Is Arians the guy to keep him in line? If Belichick didn't think the reward was worth the headache, it's hard to believe that they will not have issues with him at some point in the year.

Don't get me wrong, this definitely makes them more scary, but they take that benefit at great risk to themselves, IMO.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So while playing what....one game?

Antonio Brown has now been a Steeler, Bill, Raider, Patriot and now Buc?

5 teams and 1 game?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Have the Bears been favored in a single game this year yet?

lol

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Cowboys losing to Football Team 3-22. McCarthy might not last the season...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

NFC East was practically gift-wrapped to the Cowboys and they didn't look appreciably better than the competition even before Dak went down.
—Magneto