Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 13:53
Cowboys losing to Football Team 3-22. McCarthy might not last the season...
Yeah, this season still salvageable in that division. Might be best.

Although I’m sure that was a 5 year guaranteed contract.

$60 million dollar mistake? Tough bullet to swallow

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Cowboys utterly spanked by an equally bad football team.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Failcons.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Falcons are so 28-3 even the Lions can get a clutch win against them.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It'd be good if the Hawks can fall to the Cards tonight.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I'm disappointed for McCarthy and hope he gets another year. But man are they falling apart. I thought he was genuinely good when he entered the league but it seems he just can't command a locker room anymore. I understand the injuries and corona and whatnot but man it looks pretty bad on that team. They paid way too much for guys who are on downswings in their career.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

texas wrote:
25 Oct 2020 15:54
I'm disappointed for McCarthy and hope he gets another year. But man are they falling apart. I thought he was genuinely good when he entered the league but it seems he just can't command a locker room anymore. I understand the injuries and corona and whatnot but man it looks pretty bad on that team. They paid way too much for guys who are on downswings in their career.
I think it’s possible the game has just moved on from a personality type like McCarthy as far as command of a team. But another thing is the guy sucks at hiring assistants. Always picks his buddies over top young talent. I hope he bounces back, but his act seems pretty darn tired.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 15:59
texas wrote:
I think it’s possible the game has just moved on from a personality type like McCarthy as far as command of a team. But another thing is the guy sucks at hiring assistants. Always picks his buddies over top young talent. I hope he bounces back, but his act seems pretty darn tired.
Yeah, I remember early on being very frustrated with how long he would stick with things that obviously weren't working, and that ended up being what got him in the end with keeping Dom for far too long. He should probably lose some weight too. Every GB coach always comes here, eats too many cheese curds, and just sort loses their edge in the process.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

texas wrote:
He’ll be back next year for sure. Encourage him to grow, but that is just too big of a check to write right now to let him go.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The 9ers are kicking ass so far.

I still think they are still our toughest remaining game this season.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2020 16:44
The 9ers are kicking ass so far.

I still think they are still our toughest remaining game this season.
Agree, go Raiders in unrelated new.

Let’s just beat Minny and we’ll see how feel hearing into SF. If that isn’t a pride game for this crew, i don’t know how to get them up.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 16:08
texas wrote:
He’ll be back next year for sure. Encourage him to grow, but that is just too big of a check to write right now to let him go.
Well Jerry Jones has been running the Cowboys for 31 years. And it has been 25 years since their last Super Bowl (1995). They've had some flashes in the playoffs with Tony Romo at QB, and overall are 15-12 in the playoffs since 1989. Sure its probably time for something to happen in Dallas. But then again the same can be said for most NFL teams. As McCarthy once said "It's hard to win in this league". Glad to have seen the Packers recent success versus the Cowboys. I'll just leave it at that for now.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Bucs and 9ers looking pretty darned good today.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2020 17:59
Bucs and 9ers looking pretty darned good today.
Packers too ;)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Kliff Kingsbury is an idiot.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If anyone is ever curious about the difference between a 4.33 guy and a 4.45 guy.....

:shock:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2020 20:27
If anyone is ever curious about the difference between a 4.33 guy and a 4.45 guy.....

:shock:
Pretty incredible play by Baker...

...and then even more incredible by Metcalf to run him down.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
25 Oct 2020 20:24
Kliff Kingsbury is an idiot.
An absolute idiot.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The Cards won that despite the dumb decisions by Kingsbury. I’m happy regardless.