Here's Johnny!! (Watt out of charge) HOU Wk7

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Offensive line
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

The two least bold choices on the board are AR and Davante. You normally expect Adams to be targeted 15 to 20 times against a crap secondary. What they did were just meeting their expectations. They would be less than even money shots every week.

JWill had a great game but with Jones out, I’d say that bumps up his expectations to about what he got. If he was splitting the touches I would vote for him.

The OL played great without Bak against a solid front 7. They played beyond expections.
But since I can’t pick them.

I’ll go with a bold pick of a rookie who is playing his first game, he had no expectations. 6 tackles one for a loss.
Kamal Martin.

pack power
Reactions:

Post by pack power »

Davante Lavell Adams..

Beyond expectations so he gets my vote.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 07:02
Offensive line
Yes, the OL played well but Houston is not known for its front 7. Over on FF the Texans fans felt even without Bak their pass rush was going to be invisible. Everyone in the building knew Rodgers was looking for Adams and Davante still had a monster day.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
26 Oct 2020 07:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
Offensive line
Yes, the OL played well but Houston is not known for its front 7. Over on FF the Texans fans felt even without Bak their pass rush was going to be invisible. Everyone in the building knew Rodgers was looking for Adams and Davante still had a monster day.
Their pass rush win rate was 43% Tied for 13th. Ours is 34% tied for 29th. They aren't bad. And swapping your RT to the left and getting a great game has to be less expected than Adams ripping up a bad secondary when AR has plenty of time.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Cdragon wrote:
26 Oct 2020 08:58
Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Offensive line
Their pass rush win rate was 43% Tied for 13th. Ours is 34% tied for 29th. They aren't bad. And swapping your RT to the left and getting a great game has to be less expected than Adams ripping up a bad secondary when AR has plenty of time.
Facts! :clap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I can't vote for the guy I picked - who had the best day of a great career so far. I don't believe in the o-line as a unit concept. So I will vote for Kenny Clark. There is a reason why the D played well.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Offensive line
I mean, they also had a garbage secondary that got hit by injuries... Adams was feasting on scrubs as AR had time to throw.
:hide:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
26 Oct 2020 00:08
After thinking it over I agree with the above about Davante. Sorry Preston.

:lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 11:49
Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Offensive line
I mean, they also had a garbage secondary that got hit by injuries... Adams was feasting on scrubs as AR had time to throw.
:hide:
Yeah, their whole defense is underachieving, but their DL and LBs at least have the talent and could theoretically bounce back: Watt, Mercilus, Omenihu, Cunningham, etc. On paper, that group going up against Turner and Wagner at both bookend spots would look scary. Their secondary just flat-out does not have the talent.

Again, the "underdog factor" is as much a part of this competition as pure performance.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

O-line. With as much shuffling around they had to do, they get my vote. Played extremely well.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lulu wrote:
26 Oct 2020 16:11
O-line. With as much shuffling around they had to do, they get my vote. Played extremely well.
It was actually strange because the first few series, Rodgers just got the ball out to get the ball out because he had zero confidence in his protection...except the protection was there and Rodgers could have held the ball another 1 - 2 seconds and gotten a guy open.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.